Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Spookyfort IV: The Overlook - Overspookers welcome!  (Read 14834 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spookyfort IV: In Theaters This October
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2023, 10:18:45 pm »

what is that noise, in the distance? it can't be the wind, no, something much more horrible...

its the sound of ten thousand duplicating purple monsters, arriving to fuck your day up

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2023, 01:51:46 am »

Ah, seems like it's gonna be spooky time soon...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2023, 02:47:42 am »

Oh shit, batten down the hatches spooks inbound!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2023, 02:14:54 pm »

Looking forward to Spookyfort!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2023, 08:51:50 am »

Prelude

Wait a minute, wait a minute. Who's this contract with again?

So ol' Kib "Bookburner" Shoottomes wants a private prison built, huh? Well, Spookyfort LLC is always happy to oblige. Part of the "Scared Straight" program, I take it.

Uh-huh. No, that's no problem.

I've got just the place, actually. Been meaning to build myself a mansion out there anyway.

Sorry? No, I mean...you know - criminal labor... What's the term? Anyway it doesn't matter. We'll take 'em! We'll spook them straight, that's our guarantee.

Absolutely. You too. Take care! I'll have my secretary send you over the documents this afternoon.

Atmel, get in here!

Oh Atmel, my boy...we've struck dolomite. No wait, the valuable one...nevermind. We're sitting on a gold mine here! GOLD! That's the one.

Look entertainment parks are small-time, my boy. We just got a government contract. Prison Industrial Complex here we come!

They'll send off their undesirables and we just spook them, send a few off every month or two and call them "rehabilitated". It can't fail! Now...we gotta build like an...ethos. What's the word?

Mythos! That's the one. Thanks Atmel. Something to get the prisoners in the right mindset... Something to get them primed to be scared. Something ominous...Like...Like...

That's...approximately right. Yeah...the Shin...The ominous force running through The Overlook. Oh yeah, they're going to build a mountain hall like no-ones ever seen.

Well, they better build it, otherwise they'll have nowhere to sleep! Ha!

Let me do a quick doodle here. These? Oh these are birdemic birds. They're a nightmare, trust me. What do you mean they look like turkeys?

Well...send it off to acquisitions anyway. They'll figure it all out.

Oh Atmel, I'm beaming with excitement on this one. Just imagine the revenue...the profits! Oh... This is foolproof! Like printing money!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

OOC:

Welcome to Spookyfort IV: The Overlook!

I'm very excited to see what we can do with a sloping hillside in an untamed wilds biome. If we cut the trees, the hippos (and worse) are going to come for our blood! Yippee!

I'll be trying to write up a turn every day until October 3rd, when I'll pass the fort off to whoever wants it. Dorfing is also freely available, for anyone who wants it. Remember, spook the dwarves, but don't kill them!

This is a prison by the way, so don't forget to keep track of your dwarven crimes along the way.

Some notes on my first attempt:

I tried to save it at the unlucky number, 44, but it bumped up a year...

Also, I was originally going to run this as a monster fortress

But they're invisible without tiles and that makes it hard to do anything you might want to do in graphical mode with them. I'm sure this will still be an issue with certain animals/creatures later on.

Also I tried to bring the scariest animals I could.

Also "The Shin" instead of The Shining really cracked me up.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 08:53:46 am by delphonso »

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spookyfort IV: The Overlook - Overspookers welcome!
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2023, 09:25:03 am »

And so the spookings begin...

(Sign me up, but maybe as the third overseer. Don't want to mess things straight after the first turn with my Steam version incompetence.)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2023, 11:05:49 am »

Spook me up
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2023, 01:59:39 pm »

Gimmie a task to handle on my turn (or turns) and I'll set to it. Slot me in wherever you need someone to fill roster.

What're we gonna be doing as far as image hosting goes?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2023, 06:00:27 pm »

I'm using imgbox, but use whatever you like. I'll back up the thread in November, so nothing should be lost.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2023, 07:16:43 pm »

im in . definitely.

Let me do a quick doodle here. These? Oh these are birdemic birds. They're a nightmare, trust me. What do you mean they look like turkeys?

good GOD the turkeys are DRINKING his BLOOD!

Gimmie a task to handle on my turn (or turns) and I'll set to it.

build a terrible torture tower of turmoil ..

If we cut the trees, the hippos (and worse) are going to come for our blood!

do NOT underestimate this hippo threat. These invading denizens of the wild untamed forests are second only to werebeasts in the danger they pose to a new outpost.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2023, 03:22:00 am »

My body is ready for the spookening, and by that I mean I want a dwarf.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2023, 09:02:14 am »

Foundations

Uhh...Hmm...

Corpulent...slab...triage?...

Atmel! Atmel, get in here! What the hell is this?

I don't remember asking for any sort of status report. Besides, I can't read this stuff.

I...uhh...I forgot my glasses. Look, just bring up the camera feeds.

Ooooo, that looks good! What's that dwarf's name?

Ugh, c'mon. Alright, so what are these 'prisoners' getting up to? I told them to build me a big house, but...well it looks like they're just digging holes out there.

What is that? A bat?

Get Horror Resources on the line...we've got to terrify these dwarves! We've got to have some reports to hand over to Shoottomes, otherwise she'll start thinking we look like books more than businessmen. I dunno, send whatever they've got!

Look at these bastards! They're practically celebrating. If I didn't know better, these idiots think they've been...set free!

Atmel, don't...Stop. Put those papers in the bin right there and burn them yourself.

What? MORE?

C'mon, we've barely spooked the first group. Oh, wait! What's that?

Oh... that looks good! What dwarf is that, Atmel?

Damn it.

Oh good, the newest spook has arrived!

Look, I haven't even been to Argentina, but I'm sure it's terrifying.

Oh, Argenta? What exactly is that?

Alright, well that seems pretty spooky. Just a dwarf in a costume, of course, but our actors and design team are top-notch, so...

I'm going to fire someone.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

He's Got The Shin

All play and no work makes Johnny a dull boy...

Been a few months since me and the rest of the boys got sent up-state to here...Whatever the hell this is.

Not that I'm complaining. Fresh air, no guards, as many pineapple as you can pick. It ain't bad out here at...what's it called? The Overlook. Odd name, considering we'll be digging straight down - make an escape through the caverns, is what most of us were thinking. Ain't too hard down there, last any of us had seen, but that was a few years ago...you know how things change down in the caverns. No need to be hasty, boys. We've got time and plenty of work to do.

First thing is showing off for the lawman, when he swings around.

Here comes the warden, boys. Wait, call her "Outpost Liaison". Not sure why she's playing coy...wait

Something just ain't right about her...can't put my finger on it exactly...

Well, I asked her about the cavern situation - as indirectly as I could. Couldn't get two cents out of her. Mostly she just talked about kidnappings. Real dreary conversation, honestly. Ain't looking forward to seeing her next year.

Mosus, sweetheart, you get anything for those bracelets we made?

I...didn't think those things were real. Well, all the more reason to get the hell out of here.

Keep this in mind, boys. Worst case becomes worst case, and we can fight our way out of here. Just a bit of elbow grease and we'll be hoofing it to elf-land in no time.

Let's check it out boys...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Alright, the new head of HR better watch his ass if he doesn't want to be shitcanned too.

What's he got for us?

Honestly not inspiring much. Atmel hand me that stack of pink slips.

Alright, I'll give him a chance. Please don't tell me he looks like a little blue guy too. Damnit! What the hell is happening with costuming!?

Oh shit!

That thing really went hogwild on Tosid...Is he...is he gonna be alright? Oh...Oh no, it's going for more.

Well, surely 10 dwarves can beat up two guys in blue suits...right?

I think I'm going to puke...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Heh. Shoulda known it wasn't that easy. Can't expect the law to be that dumb, at least not all the time. Didn't expect them to really go for it though. Monsters is what they are. Should be them who's locked up.

We dragged a few beds into the dining room as a make-shift infirmary. Thanks to the volunteer medical staff, no one's dead. Got a few swollen limbs - probably infections - but everyone's back up and walking. We sealed off the caverns and another little blue guy showed up. This one... well.

At first, I thought they were doing some voodoo on me, but then I felt...well I felt great.

The message is clear. We're here to stay, boys. Still better than the last one. No solitary here, the meals are what we make them, and the wine keeps flowing.

Could be worse, boys.

Don't like those turkeys sipping blood from the hospital, though.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

OOC:

My body is ready for the spookening, and by that I mean I want a dwarf.

Fikod 'Zultan' Authoredmansions: 10 years for medical malpractice.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Avolition! Death comes for you next!
Try to finish within 3 days, if you can. Or just upload whenever you're done. Some of the ZM5 stuff is pretty deadly, so...good luck!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2023, 01:41:44 pm »

I shall work on this tomorrow >:)

Can we update the mainpage/ create a new thread?
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2023, 02:52:39 pm »

Ah, so the inmates are getting roughed up already. Good to see.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2023, 03:22:02 pm »

So how's handling saves going to work? Business as usual or do we have to make sure we've got all the same mods installed in a game on our end? Just verifying, haven't fiddled with that end of things since the new version came out.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14