Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Spookyfort IV: The Overlook - Overspookers welcome!  (Read 14827 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:D i liked your game Del . it was confusing at first but ultimately an intriguing concept, like I wanted to see more permutations of the mechanics. though very easy. it felt like one of the minigames from Psychonauts.

now, re: spookyfort. . . BUMP

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile

Yes! Someone grab the save and take us home! My daughter's birthday is the day before Halloween and we're travelling to take her somewhere she loves...so no computer for me!

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I have one day at least. So, assuming no one is currently using the save and hasn't said anything, I'll take it.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How's it going nogoodnames?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's the save: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16137

Didn't manage to do much besides get a lot of our militia killed through a series of bad decisions. But hey, we have a killer robot now!
Writup TBD.
                        - Random human lord

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Here's the save: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16137

Didn't manage to do much besides get a lot of our militia killed through a series of bad decisions. But hey, we have a killer robot now!
Writup TBD.

That's very encouraging. We remembered to have all recruits sign the appropriate paperwork, right?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i think the filing cabinets were flooded during the last siege, we lost all paperwork. someone call the elven lawyers

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick smash all the bodies, we can't be sued for wrongful death if they can't find any bodies!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LRI-005 "Hypocritical Oath"

An instance of LRI-005-3, AKA a “dentist” demonstrating some
typical biomedical instruments.

Item #: LRI-005

Item Class: Echidna

Special Response and Containment Procedures: Any approach of Site-03 by LRI-005 entities is to be treated as an invasion of the site. A general alarm and curfew is to be instituted and all external entrances of the site sealed. The strength of the invading party is to be assessed by Initiative personnel for further response. If the invasion is judged to be manageable, Special Response Teams Alpha and Beta have permission to engage and eliminate the threat. They are authorized to implement whatever tactics the team leaders deem acceptable, with support from site security and D-class volunteers as necessary.

Should any personnel or civilians be captured by LRI-005, they are to be considered dead. If a former captive attempts to return to the site, they are to be terminated on sight and their body submitted for autopsy. Under no circumstance are individuals with prolonged or unsupervised contact with LRI-005 to be allowed into Site-03 without a full physiological and psychological assessment by site medical staff.

Description: LRI-005 composes a civilization which is extremely hostile to both the Longest Road Initiative and its patron civilization, The Excavated Roads. While LRI-005 is thought to be relatively small, having only two known settlements and comprising less than 50 confirmed individuals, it has nonetheless proven a very potent threat. This danger is exemplified by Incident LRI-005-14, in which Site-03 is was breached by an invading force of LRI-005, resulting in ██ deaths and the site being left in a prolonged state of emergency lock down.

Individual members of LRI-005 vary significantly. However, they are universally humanoid and bear the trappings of medical professionals. Each instance of LRI-005 usually bears a number of biological and/or mechanical enhancements. These vary in form and function, with some being integrated tools or weapons while others may provide no obvious benefit. It is unknown if LRI-005 members were originally non-anomalous humans prior to receiving these augmentations.

Several typical sets of augments have been observed to occur frequently together, leading to the loose classification of 5 distinct LRI-005 members:

LRI-005-1 “Doctor”: Seemingly at the top of the LRI-005 hierarchy, these variants have been observed to be very intelligent and versatile. Their chief augment is a grotesquely enlarged right arm, with a mechanical device bearing several syringes replacing the hand. They have been observed using these syringes in combat. Each syringe contains a unique fluid capable of inflicting a number of different ailments on a chosen victim.

LRI-005-2 “Surgeon”: Easily identified as the most severely altered LRI-005 individuals, LRI-005-2 possess, among other alterations: 3 additional arms, each ending in an organic weapon, external prehensile intestines, poisonous breath and extremely sharp metal claws on each finger. In combat, LRI-005-2 instances have been observed to target one victim to isolate from backup. The instance will then proceed to grapple the victim and [DATA EXPUNGED]

LRI-005-3 “Dentist”: Another high-ranking class, LRI-005-3 is known to have a fascination with teeth and an even greater inclination towards sadism than other LRI-005 entities. In combat, LRI-005-3 instances have been observed to utilize a tranquilizing gas to subdue victims and then attack their mouths with an integrated drill.

LRI-005-4 “Nurse”: An all female class, they, along with the male “orderlies” compose the bulk of the LRI-005. Their bodies are relatively free of alterations, but their heads are always horrifically deformed. They move in what is described as an “unsettling, jerky, yet surprisingly quick” manner.

LRI-005-5 “Orderly”: Evidently the male counterparts of the nurses, LRI-005-5 are the most physically imposing members. Their bodies are enlarged, with disproportionate limbs and muted identifying features. They are thought to be completely immune to pain and extremely resilient.

To make up for their low numbers, LRI-005 has been observed to use various anomalous beasts to supplement an invasion force.

- Random human lord

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Holy crap I was NOT expecting that image.
I'm really impressed by your writing. Feels somewhat fitting in a DF way that the fort ends with a cat dying on top of a bunch of soldiers.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

something gets me about the SCP-style, and this was a wonderfully executed take ..

also, echidnas? *shudders, thinking of Smallhands*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

perhaps it was meant to be, all along.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Holy crap I was NOT expecting that image.
I'm really impressed by your writing. Feels somewhat fitting in a DF way that the fort ends with a cat dying on top of a bunch of soldiers.

Hell of a closing note indeed.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The style of that update is pretty cool.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You knocked it out of the park, nogoodnames!

Thanks to everyone for participating this year! Looking forward to the next one already!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14