Poll

Why did the Bunny cross the road?

Madness
- 3 (75%)
Curiosity
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Forum Runner 3.5: Rise of the Second Ear-a | After-Show Interview  (Read 5154 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

(I'm still here though.)

Well I wouldn't want you to lose, while (dealing with the burden/stress of) simultaneously continuing every game you join in the event. So long as a1s has provided the contestants every opportunity to stop if they choose, then what you decide to do with that choice is your...business...excuse my Torchlight pun!

(Please, don't use your Forum Runner font anymore, if you continue to participate in a game where the trial has concluded.)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 11:49:51 am by RoseHeart »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

I'm here! I promise!

We gambled everything on a fancypants plot, and lost. All good lol. I do have lots and lots of experience with fortressmancy, though.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

Dunamisdeos has shared concerns that they wont be able to continue due to availability:
Ok. You might want to find someone else, I have like no time whatsoever lately to check the forums ;-;

Would anyone want to replace them? I know it's not as appealing, joining 1 point behind. Atleast you can blame it on that if you lose, and brag extra hard if you win.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile

Dunamisdeos has shared concerns that they wont be able to continue due to availability:
Ok. You might want to find someone else, I have like no time whatsoever lately to check the forums ;-;

Would anyone want to replace them? I know it's not as appealing, joining 1 point behind. Atleast you can blame it on that if you lose, and brag extra hard if you win.

I happen to have a lot of time free these next two weeks so this is going to be a fast paced, digitally painted adventurer in the Dwarf Fortress world of Unsuspslozgo!

Edit note: No experience with my comic is needed to succeed.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 05:27:16 pm by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

We're gunna do an underdog bonus.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

Quote from: The White Rabbit

Forum Runner needs a replacement. This event is packed with top hosts, eager to entertain and surprise you with their 2 week trials. But one player has had to step away, due availability reasons, leaving the baton up for grabs.

Win or lose, that will be determined by the trials, but you can definitely save Forum Runner 3.

Are you in?

Please help spread the word! Stay tuned as more develops.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

We're gunna do an underdog bonus.
For fairness, I have decided to standardize this. When a player is losing, they can choose 1 underdog bonus:

TYPE 1
A. Pro Tips: The host will coach you in how they would try to win, so long as it doesn't make the event "very hard" for the opponent.
B. Premonition: Learn about 1 unrevealed trial at least 7 days before your opponent.

TYPE 2
C. Perk: A gameplay advantage, can be anything the host decides, so long as it doesn't make the event "very hard" for the opponent.
D. Rain Check: Next time you win, you get a Perk in the following event. (may be themed on your win)

You can only choose each bonus once. TYPE 2 may not be available for all events, in that case you replace that bonus with a TYPE 1.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 06:53:47 pm by RoseHeart »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Looks like this might end up being about a Rally Team, rather than a Runner.  Waiting with baited breath!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

Looks like this might end up being about a Rally Team, rather than a Runner.  Waiting with baited breath!
Yeah, the thought crossed my mind. That's OK if someone can only commit for 2 weeks.

Surely someone would like to experience LiF like no one ever has?

It's up to MadMonkey how long we can wait (his comic is on pause) then, we'll have to declare TricMagic the FR3 winner. I'll tell you now, he's got cool stuff planned, and who ever you wanted to win, you wont want to miss out on these next few trials...

From Losing Is Fun - Part II:
Also what exactly is that forum runner thing?
It's the thing I was nominated for but immediately descended into IRL chaos and couldn't continue. It's a super fun competition and I recommend someone take my place!

Thanks for the strong recommendation Dunamisdeos. Sorry you won't be able to join us.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 05:20:50 pm by RoseHeart »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Forum Runner 3: The Hare-Raisingly Overdue, Threequel (Player Needed)
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2022, 08:55:17 pm »

bump

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2022, 11:19:01 pm »

Maybe consider restarting things. I doubt that most potential players would want to begin the game with a one loss handicap.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2022, 11:22:36 pm »

I understand, but that doesn't seem fair to a1s or TricMagic.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2022, 11:31:40 pm »

Mad monkey is willing to wait a bit longer. I suppose if we restart, I'll declare TricMagic the FR3 winner, and regard the rest as FR4.

I'll leave the door open to challenge for FR3 open as long as MM and I feel we can. If someone would be interested in joining, but only for Forum Runner 4, let me know.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Forum Runner 3.5: Rise of the Second Ear (Player Needed)
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2022, 12:06:32 am »

We are going to restart Forum Runner 3, as Forum Runner 3.5!

TricMagic will be regarded as a Forum Runner champion! And the normal rules baring champions from returning except for Champion Rounds, will not apply. TricMagic is welcome to continue to compete!

We'll go from this reset, as a Best-of-3. (We can save Best-of-5 for those Champion Rounds)

Due to this technicality, TricMagic could become the first ever—Double Champion.

This is a clean slate, and an even playing field. Your hosts are MadMonkey, Supernerd, and now announcing, Roboson!

2 week challenges, no experience necessary...Sign ups are Open.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Runner 3.5: Rise of the Second Ear-a (Player Needed)
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2022, 11:49:25 am »

Okay, sure, I'll IN. Why not.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6