Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: The Gate of Dreams - Glass Cream (5 / 5) - 16  (Read 30398 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 13 - Guest Update
« Reply #345 on: February 19, 2024, 12:04:16 am »

Head east as many times as possible.  Create an essence of Wendelnelve.

Spoiler: Luna's Vestige (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams
« Reply #346 on: March 05, 2024, 09:17:39 pm »

Ignorance's W̸͕̾̓i̷͔̅t̶̖̘͈̏͗̆c̸̟͖͗̀̐̑h̵̥͓͎͔̄̚

Smash puny spiders with bat!
Arquebus Tuscany Gottem.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - ?
« Reply #347 on: July 11, 2024, 10:46:03 pm »

Spoiler: A Memory (click to show/hide)

Starting on an update.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 11:54:54 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 14
« Reply #348 on: July 11, 2024, 11:51:39 pm »

[Initiative:]

Quote from: Defenders
Golden Flare (Lenglon): 99+20-20=99
Luna's Vestige (syvarris): 82
Heavenly Clerk (Fluffe9911): 50
Ignorance's Witch (Egan_BW): 21
Skylord (Devastator): 14
Quote from: Outsiders
Spider Swarm: 31-20=11

"Gengae" I cast again in order to reload.
"Well you've definitely earned an impressive name haven't you you greedy little thing? Hmmmm. How about Blazer? do you like that?"
I say as I begin shooting down the fleeing Outsider Spiderlings

and once the weapon empties I'll be refilling it once more.
"Gengae"

These spiders seem like the sort of problem that becomes more of a problem if not exposed to fire very quickly. Fortunately, you've got just the tool for the job.

(Handling: 2+1+1=4)
(Evasion: 3)

You're still getting used to your new weapon, but you're still a magical girl, and you know speed well. Before many of the remaining spiders can even think about getting out of the way, you've leveled Blazer on them and invoked its power once again.

(Resilience: 6-1=5)

The explosion of flames is immense, but the spiders weather it as well as they can. Which is to say, fairly poorly, but the majority of them still remain.

(Power: 1)
(Control: 4)

The Word ignites on your tongue, your focus great, but the energy you draw is insufficient. Blast it.

Head east as many times as possible.  Create an essence of Wendelnelve.

You decide your efforts are better spent elsewhere. Clearly the others have this well in hand - you think, as you hear more explosions in the distance. Clearly they're doing good work, though you worry slightly about the collateral damage.

Still, though, you have work of your own to do.

(Power: 2)
(Control: 6+1=7)

Your focus is honed to perfection, and a single drop of power seals the Essence.

[Gain -2P/+2C Essence of Wendelnelve.]

(Luck: 5)

You find an open window in one of the houses, and flow through it, entering with ease. The space within feels cramped, and lived-in, despite being empty. You hope you're not being watched, but you are wearing your cloak, giving you some comfort.

Out another window you go, and you continue your long trek down a city of dreams.

I start freaking out upon seeing all the spiders leave the eg- I mean popped bubble rap! "AHHH GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAY!"

GROSS GROSS GROSS ICKY GO AWAY STEP AND KICK ON THEM GROSS!

You find it really really really hard to remember all this dumb magic stuff when you're being rushed at by a wave of spiders AAAAAAAAAAA

(Shoes: 3)
(Evasion: 2)

(Might: 3)
(Resilience: 6-1=5)

You slap your foot down at one of the gross bad evil spider thingies and oh Progenitor it's climbing up your LEG!

Smash puny spiders with bat!
Arquebus Tuscany Gottem.

Do these spiders really think they're getting past you and Bob? You think not.

(Baseball: 3)

You swing - and a miss. Okay, maybe your bat isn't the right tool for the job, no matter how much Bob snarls at the spiders.

(Control: 6+1=7)

A tiny turtleshell made of ice whirls into existence and slams into a spider, then ricochets into two more. They don't survive, but neither does the shell.

A worthy sacrifice for the cause.

Stand tall by the exit and play goalkeeper.  None shall pass!  Smack about at any who dare to challenge my might.

You watch sternly as Golden Flare wipes out a good chunk of the spiders, then the Clerk freaks out and Ignorance whiffs.

Yeah, your powers are needed here.

(Grace: 1+1+1=3)

Your whip lashes out, and the spiders scatter around your feet. You manage to get one or two, bashing them against the walls and floor. A third dies as well, crushed under your foot.

But it's not enough.

Quote from: Spider Swarm
Freedom is at hand! Rejoice!

The spiders, out of some instinct, stick together, mercifully for those who oppose them. They seek to escape, but don't have the time to get far.

One of them is stuck on some poor mage's leg.

One spider remains within a casket. It's kinda stuck.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Key (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 11:53:30 pm by FallacyofUrist »

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 13, 2024, 04:13:35 am »

Nothing to do but reload once more with "Gengae".
If the spell fails again, retry
If it fails even after that, then just pursue the spiders without trying to close to meele range, maintaining both line of fire and a safe distance.
"We can't let them escape, they're just going to be a bigger problem later."

If I reload successfully:
"Oh no you don't, I'm not letting you escape so easily!" and I swivel on the balls of my feet, my tail sweeping with my spin to keep me stable, and re-establish proper firing posture with my ears lowered once more before opening fire on the spiders yet again
If I was successful with my initial attempt to reload, meaning I've only cast a single one-word spell this turn until this point, then I will attempt to reload now casting "Gengae" once more.

Spoiler: Golden Flare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: spellbook (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 14, 2024, 01:10:37 am »

"I'll keep after them.  I got the big one, I can get these little ones too."

Keep after them!  Charge towards them and try to whip the lot of them up.  Maintain Form Augmentation!

Spoiler: Skylord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Word Scratchpad (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 01:44:00 am by Devastator »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 12
« Reply #351 on: July 17, 2024, 02:03:55 pm »

Heavenly Clerk.exe has stopped working "...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! REQUIEM! AHHHHHHHHH!"

KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT! THEN CATCH UP TO EVERYONE ELSE BUT MOSTLY KILL IT AHHHHHHHHHH!

Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Records (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 08, 2024, 07:15:54 pm »

"Die, worms!"
Gottem Arquebus Gottem!

Focus on destroying the spiderlings from range with the spell.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 15
« Reply #354 on: August 09, 2024, 12:42:29 am »

[Initiative:]

Quote from: Defenders
Luna's Vestige (syvarris): 75
Ignorance's Witch (Egan_BW): 57
Golden Flare (Lenglon): 53+20-20=53
Heavenly Clerk (Fluffe9911): 39
Skylord (Devastator): 37
Quote from: Outsiders
Spider Swarm: 94-20=74

Head E->E->E->N->E, or as far along that route as is possible, and scout out the nearby anomaly if possible.

I may add a spell here in the future, but if not just run the above alone.  I've already procrastinated too much.

You stalk along cracked, vine-infested streets. Your comrades-in-magic are dealing with the Nest, so it falls to you to scout out the other unknown areas. Every team needs a good scout - a ranger of the shadows.

Of course, trying to define an entire person by merely a single role would be foolish. You know better. If you wish to scout, then you shall, but you are not burdened under that alone. Magic is a heavy burden to carry, but also a gift beyond measure.

You can take some joy in that.

You turn around a bend in the road. In the distance, you hear the tinkling jingling bells of an ice cream truck.

Or, perhaps... shattering glass?

Quote from: Spider Swarm
Hide, hide! The blessed ones are strong, and we are weak, but soon we shall be weak no longer!

(Stealth: 1)

The remaining brood of spiders attempt to hide under the porch of one of the dream-houses, only to find that underneath the porch is a vast weave of thorny roots. Three of them pay dearly for the attempt.

This dream belongs to nobody, but certainly not to you.

"Die, worms!"
Gottem Arquebus Gottem!

Focus on destroying the spiderlings from range with the spell.

You're feeling vicious. Chaotic. Something about these spiders irks you to no end, and drives you to eradicate them from existence.

Perhaps it's their nature. Perhaps it's yours? Does it matter?

(Control: 5+1=6)

You draw out a bare droplet of power. You're dissatisfied with this, so you take that little droplet and squeeze the fuck out of it.

Haha. Hahahaha. HAHAHAHA.

(Evasion: N/A)
(Resilience: 1-2=-1)

An ultra-thin beam of water jets from your fingers and spears three of the spiders in a row, while they're busy grappling with some roots they ran into (the fools).

Okay, you really wish you had more power to put into that. You bet you could have wiped them all out in one shot.

Nothing to do but reload once more with "Gengae".
If the spell fails again, retry
If it fails even after that, then just pursue the spiders without trying to close to meele range, maintaining both line of fire and a safe distance.
"We can't let them escape, they're just going to be a bigger problem later."

If I reload successfully:
"Oh no you don't, I'm not letting you escape so easily!" and I swivel on the balls of my feet, my tail sweeping with my spin to keep me stable, and re-establish proper firing posture with my ears lowered once more before opening fire on the spiders yet again
If I was successful with my initial attempt to reload, meaning I've only cast a single one-word spell this turn until this point, then I will attempt to reload now casting "Gengae" once more.

Ignorance unleashes a tiny jet of water that strikes with much more force than you'd expect. Whew. You figure you can follow up, if this spell works.

(Power: 3)
(Control: 4)

You don't summon nearly as much as the explosive powder as your last attempt, but you do manage to get it all neatly into your brilliant weapon.

Time to shine bright!

(Might: 2)
(Grace: 1)

Your gun barks loud, loud enough to make your ears flick in minor pain. This, unfortunately, distracts you enough that your stance shifts and the gun goes flying a short distance out of your hands.

Ah, well. This may take some practice.

(Evasion: N/A)
(Resilience: 3-2=1)

Fortunately for you, the spiderlings were busy dealing with a nest of nightmarish roots, which seems to have held them in place enough for your shot to do some damage anyways. Spiders burn and shrivel to nothingness under the heat of your weapon.

Bah. You dive, pick up your gun, roll to your feet - were you always this nimble? - and direct another infusion towards your weapon. It's mostly still loaded, but you may as well give it a bit more.

(Power: 1)
(Control: 2-1=1)

Your spell pops out of existence before you can even focus on the concept you're trying to shape. There has got to be a better way of doing this. Like, all of this.

Heavenly Clerk.exe has stopped working "...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! REQUIEM! AHHHHHHHHH!"

KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT! THEN CATCH UP TO EVERYONE ELSE BUT MOSTLY KILL IT AHHHHHHHHHH!

diediediediediediedieDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEGETOFFMEEEE

(Might: 5)

You wake up a minute later, after you've pummeled the spider, and its remnants, and the remnants of its remnants, into the cavern floor.

phew.

Was there a casket or something deeper in the cave? It's not there anymore. Funny the things your mind focuses on when you're recovering from baddon'tthinkaboutit, eheh.

Maybe if you figure out how this magic stuff works, you won't have to deal with anymore of badbad, maybe? Maybe...?

You'll take the chance.

(Power: 4)
(Control: 2)

You speak the magic word, and feel the weight it has on your tongue.

A frying pan made of deep brown energy materializes in thin air in front of you, and clatters to the ground. It's nice and large, but... not cohesive.

You can do this, can't you? Surely magic is good for more than just frying pans and bookcases.

(Heart: 3-1=2)

... No inspiration is flowing. Why did you feel there would be any?

"I'll keep after them.  I got the big one, I can get these little ones too."

Keep after them!  Charge towards them and try to whip the lot of them up.  Maintain Form Augmentation!

As the spiders fortunately stumble into a nest of nasty thorny roots, your teammates unleash their full power - Ignorance fires a thin beam of water, Flare fires her gun and promptly drops it, and you hear the sound of the Clerk stomping something in the distance.

Right, your expertise may be more valuable here. Magic is kinda unreliable without preparation, huh? But a whip? A whip is a whip, and you don't have to use Words to keep it usable.

The spiders manage to get out of the roots by the time you reach them, whirling your whip.

(Grace: 2+1+1=4)
(Evasion: 1)

(Might: 1+1+1+1=3)
(Resilience: 4-2=2)

They completely fail to scatter in time, but the angle of your whip strike is weak as it could be. So naturally you still pulp several of the spiders.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Key (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 09, 2024, 12:57:08 am »

"This is wearing on. Let us destroy the rest of them."
Gottem Arquebus Zazzalalazzaz!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 09, 2024, 02:53:46 am »

Am I just naturally this nimble? or... maybe something about what I'm doing, how I'm thinking, how I'm trying to shine maybe? Either way, there has got to be a better way...

I'll see if I can find a better way. I cast Gengae But instead of letting power flow normally, I try to maintain the shape while keeping the flow of power open, with the goal of maintaining a steady channel, constantly making more powder to fuel my firearm.

Succeed or fail however, my weapon is currently loaded. And there are spiders to remove. My stinging ears remain flattened, and after a brief moment of thanking my tail for helping me maintain my balance, I fire upon them once more.

Spoiler: Golden Flare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: spellbook (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 09, 2024, 07:07:22 am »

"I've had it with you spiders.  You're always running and hiding.  Well, you can't escape me!"  Keep form augmentation on.

If there are any spiders around by the time I move, grab one with the whip, bring it towards me, and lay down the law.

"You're going to work for me, got it!  You want to live, you fight for us, not against us.  You're mine!  Understand?  No running off and hiding."

If the spider properly co-operates, it gets to live.  Make it walk in front of us.

If it doesn't, bite its head off.

Spoiler: Skylord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Word Scratchpad (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 12
« Reply #358 on: August 09, 2024, 01:12:44 pm »

Heavenly Clerk examines the frying pan in her hand she feels oddly... unsatisfied, it's a nice pan for sure and frankly even the fact she can summon a frying pan makes Clerk feel a bit giddy but... it's definitely not as good as her first one... actually none of them have been... shouldn't she be getting better at this? "I just don't get it..." She mumbles quietly to herself before snapping out of her daze "O-oh right! Hang on girls I can still help fight the uh... icky things I'd rather not think about! Whileking... Harnelkarna?" Clerk says with uncertainty as she rushes toward the battle!

I still don't really get all this wacky magic stuff but I still want to help out my team! Perhaps I should be a bit more... creative about things? I mean there's all these wacky words floating around in my head I have not used yet! Maybe if I say some of those something good will happen!... worst case I can always just wack the [REDACTED]'s with a frying pan!

Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Records (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2024, 01:14:32 pm by Fluffe9911 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 11, 2024, 03:27:39 pm »

Head east 1-3 times, staying stealthy and halting before getting too close to any danger.  Ideally try to get a peek at the center of the anomalous area, but avoiding detection and injury is a higher priority.

Create an essence of Wendelnelve.

Spoiler: Luna's Vestige (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25