Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: The Gate of Dreams - Glass Cream (5 / 5) - 16  (Read 30438 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Urban Glenn (5 / 5) - 8
« Reply #300 on: October 12, 2023, 01:29:25 am »

"You can feel your spells as they go out, right? I think I should have a spell following me, so I want to try to feel it."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 12, 2023, 01:38:42 am »

"Oh, well if you're doing that, I was planning on testing a couple words while we walk anyway, it might be interesting to see if you can feel anything when I cast stuff."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 12, 2023, 12:22:01 pm »

Discard the coffin dagger.  Quickly rush up behind Skylord, and shove the invisible potion into her hand.

<Invisible potion.  No clue what it does.  Good luck, I'm going to go stab the baby spiders!>

That done, whisper this spell: "Diaboldatact Selve Erlsborne Hasten", then wield the dagger that hopefully results and rush into the Outsider nest.  Stay stealthy.

Spoiler: Luna's Vestige (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 12, 2023, 08:25:17 pm »

"Luna's got the idea.  Go after the baby spiders.  I'll handle the big one out here!."

Skylord grabs the milk-jug sized potion with her free hand, utterly ignoring the weight.

"Whoa, this is pretty big!  Do I have to drink all of it?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 12, 2023, 11:25:12 pm »

Right, here goes.

Take the potion.  Activate Form Augmentation.

Drink the potion.

Try to whip one of the legs into another one of the legs!

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Word Scratchpad (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 14, 2023, 06:04:30 pm »

"Oh jeez! Uhm.... wait I got a idea!"

Right... Right.. lets doo... Tavaviteve Tallen! That should make like a uh... frying pan shield thingy! And then I can just rush toward the nearest bady and go blam! Pow! Watchow!

Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Records (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 9
« Reply #307 on: October 22, 2023, 06:53:02 pm »

[Initiative:]

Quote from: Defenders
Ignorance's Witch (Egan_BW): 83
Golden Flare (Lenglon): 81+20-20=81
Luna's Vestige (syvarris): 53
Heavenly Clerk (Fluffe9911): 46
Skylord (Devastator): 38
Quote from: Outsiders
Outsider Spider Legs: 59

Ignorance's W̸͕̾̓i̷͔̅t̶̖̘͈̏͗̆c̸̟͖͗̀̐̑h̵̥͓͎͔̄̚

Well, may as well make use of it if I feel full of Heart...

Focus on how I feel while casting spells, how it feels to form them under my will and how the magic squirms about. I can feel it when I'm not casting as well. Feel around for the magic around me, feel its form.

And South!

There's more to magic than just speaking the Words and letting the magic happen. Flare, Luna, Skylord - three instances is more than enough to demonstrate that fact.

(Awareness: 6)

You falsely breathe, there is no air, there is only the sensation of breathing. You recall the sensation of casting - power is drawn forth from within you, where it pools, siphoned from the Dream. The drawn power must be concept-imbued, structured, shaped by the Words, and then bent to your will via control.

There must be more. You feel it. You keep reaching.

Flare stands next to you, her soul shining bright, burning with hope. Your soul hums within you, bubbling with curiosity. Further. What is the form of magic?

A little smudge of power is following you, stuck to your control, caught in a grip you cannot release.

Further. What is the form of magic?

Houses that are real in concept and false in tangibility stand around you, framing your walk. This is not the form of magic.

A powder-black badger materializes, hunting Flare's injured leg, but she bats it away. You'd be concerned, but with how deep you're digging, it's hard to feel anything but deeper focus.

Further. Deeper. Tell me, you think.

(Resistance: 4)

You push. Reaching out and reaching in. Existence in layers. Dissolution of form. Echoes of Words.

Words. Who spoke them first?

You stumble, your nose wet with false-blood, your headache nonetheless impossible to ignore.

[Arcane strain: -1 to Will and Awareness rolls, 1 turn. May progress to worse forms if not given time to recover.]

Flare looks a little concerned, as a street lamp clatters against the street.

hmm? she seems focused on something
"Ignorance? What's up?"

Four more to go, I shouldn't risk three spells rapidly anymore, too hard to control.
Keep moving with Ignorance, carefully aim to the side away from ourselves, and keep testing words.
"Gengae Yukrsol"
"Toldyou"

You figure you may as well explore the depths of magic while you're headed to go support your teammates. If you want any chance of stopping the Outsiders, you need to get to the bottom of all this stuff.

(Power: 3)
(Control: 4)

Black-grey powder materializes, grows limbs, and hits the sidewalk as a powder-formed badger, which snarls, a cracking, gritty sound that nonetheless puts you on edge.

You can't say you like the look of that, especially not when you're already injured. As it begins to focus intently on you, you reach out -

(Authority: 1)

Your will to bend the honey badger flat-out snaps, and it lunges at you.

(Bite: 5)
(Evasion: 5)

Naturally, it aims right for your injured leg, but as it nearly reaches it, you kick the badger aside, narrowly avoiding damage.

Well, you still have one more spell to test. Hopefully you can deter this thing from making your trip any more difficult.

(Power: 4)
(Control: 1-1=0)
(Luck: 3)

A streetlight flickers, dies, and then buckles at its base, collapsing onto the road.

Beside you, Ignorance's nose starts dripping blood. You really hope you didn't cause that accidentally.

Quote from: Outsider Spider Legs
Violence! Violence, and slicing, and cutting!

(Maneuvering: 1)
(Evasion: 6+1+1=8)

The angry Legs rush the confident jacket-wearing enemy, only to be trivially and violently interrupted.

(Counterattack: 5+1+1+2=9)
(Evasion: 5)

With a sound-breaking crack, her whip strikes out, and no matter how quick the reaction of the Legs, they cannot evade in time.

(Resilience: 2-1=1)
(Final Resilience: 6)

There is something akin to pain, and when the legs regain consciousness, half their number have been shattered.

Discard the coffin dagger.  Quickly rush up behind Skylord, and shove the invisible potion into her hand.

<Invisible potion.  No clue what it does.  Good luck, I'm going to go stab the baby spiders!>

That done, whisper this spell: "Diaboldatact Selve Erlsborne Hasten", then wield the dagger that hopefully results and rush into the Outsider nest.  Stay stealthy.

Well! Skylord seems to have matters well in hand, so you pass her your newest potion and aim to forge a weapon for yourself.

(Power: 2)
(Control: 2+1=3)

You feel the Words drawn together, a spell with grand potential - and feel disappointment as your net only catches a little power, and your control is loose.

A small, needlelike dagger forms in your hand, petrified wood making up the handle and blade, though the edge of the blade is sharpened, ash-like bone. It smells burnt, and it would be rather impressive if it weren't about twice the length of your index finger.

You sneak by the devastated spider-legs, and walk into the Nest.

It feels cold, is what you notice first. Literally cold, and... figuratively. Your emotions are gnawed upon, the aura of a typical Outsider taken to more painful heights. It's as though you're within a cave - which you are, now that you notice that. A dark cave, in which it is difficult to see, the only illumination coming from the portal you stepped through. And lining the walls, braced against the stony, broken floor... are several dozen pumpkin-sized eggs, though you hesitate to call them that. Slimy, black, tar-covered orbs, each one pulsing softly. Each one a promise to feed upon your soul and bring your nightmares to life.

Gestating. Faster, now that you're here. You estimate they'll begin to hatch within... [4 Turns].

Compared to all that, the growth of Skylord's tree through the entrance is a relief, a small spot of life in a pit of darkness.

"Oh jeez! Uhm.... wait I got a idea!"

Right... Right.. lets doo... Tavaviteve Tallen! That should make like a uh... frying pan shield thingy! And then I can just rush toward the nearest bady and go blam! Pow! Watchow!

Right! Okay. Skylord has totally got this, but a team is made of more than just one person! Go-go magic shield-pan!

(Power: 5)
(Control: 4)

Brown light flickers around you, then forms into a set of three small, rectangular shields, which hover around you. They don't seem to obstruct your movements at all, despite how close to you they stay.

[Defensive Shields: 50% chance to block a mild-moderate scale physical attack on you outright at the cost of 1 of the 3 shields. Lasts [4 Turns].]

Well... okay then. Punchy time!

(Fist: 4)
(Evasion: 2, 5=2)

You rush one of the remaining legs, leaned against a bent wall, and punch at it.

(Resilience: 2)

It cracks under your punch, and dissipates with a pungent smell, and you feel just a bit brighter.

Right, here goes.

Take the potion.  Activate Form Augmentation.

Drink the potion.

Try to whip one of the legs into another one of the legs!

You eye the three remaining spider-legs. You finally feel truly strong, but there's still more to do. You take Luna's potion, even though you can't see it, and try to drink it, but it appears to be empty. What gives?

Oh well. You still have more energy left in you.

(Whip: 4+1+1=6)
(Evasion: 4, 3=3)

You lash out your thorn whip, and disoriented as they are, the remaining three legs don't manage to evade in the slightest.

(Might: 1+1+1+1=4)
(Resilience: 2)

Your whip swings at one leg, picks it up, and slams it into another one, destroying them both.

Only one of the eight original legs remains, and it almost looks scared of what you've managed to so easily accomplish.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Key (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Outsider Spider Leg (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 22, 2023, 07:12:10 pm »

"D-don't be alarmed. This blood isn't real. Nothing- nothing is."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Urban Glenn (5 / 5) - 3
« Reply #309 on: October 22, 2023, 07:22:20 pm »

"Lil busy!"
Powder black, made from spell of an unknown material, crackling gritty sounds, likely gunpowder? burn it!
Time to set off this thing! hopefully while I still have distance from it!
After conversing with Ignorance, I change my mind about my approach however.
Fine, I'll go with bronze then.
and I cast at the badger:
"Magi Hashastar"
and afterwards:
"Darnalda"
if those still don't do it, then I'm going to have to try to get physical with the thing and punt it out of here.
it'd be nice to keep moving, and I'd prefer to do so if we have the time and opportunity, but that might not be an option right now...

Spoiler: Golden Flare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: spellbook (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 03:43:55 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 22, 2023, 07:24:10 pm »

"But yeah, I know! That's how I thought I might be able to heal myself. But I missed something in my attempt. There is some real something buried under the unreal which I haven't figured much out about yet."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 23, 2023, 12:57:28 am »

"Go help with the nest!  I can handle that last one out here.  Gonna try something."

After hearing Luna's response, Skylord grunts.

Cast Tarnweywey Eatsalthlat on the final remaining leg, to try and bind it to the ground for later capture.

If it fails, go whip it out of existance.

If it works, advance into the Nest.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Word Scratchpad (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 02:35:36 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 23, 2023, 06:16:07 am »

<There's a lot of eggs in here, and they're going to hatch soon.  I don't think I can destroy them in time.  Skylord, could you come in here and help?>

Luna frowns as she surveys the interior of the cave, then passes her new dagger to her right hand.  She reaches her bandaged hand towards the leftmost eggs, and calmly recites a spell.  She suddenly sweep her hand slowly across the entire clutch as her spell completes.

Cast: "Diaboldatact Anzakreave Wendelnelve Wendelnelve"

Spoiler: Luna's Vestige (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 24, 2023, 06:36:30 pm »

Heavenly Clerk brims at her victory "Did you see that?!? I punched the leg and it went all POOF and vanished! I think at our current rate we will have all the negative feelings gone in no time!"

Anyway! I guess now I should go into the... spider nest... oh jeez... well what's the worst that could happen!... buttttt just in case Requiem! Now! FOR THERAPY AND FRIENDSHIP CHARGEEE!

Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Records (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams
« Reply #314 on: October 28, 2023, 05:34:32 pm »

Ignorance's W̸͕̾̓i̷͔̅t̶̖̘͈̏͗̆c̸̟͖͗̀̐̑h̵̥͓͎͔̄̚

"O-oh, Flare. W-what are you doing?"

Try to avoid getting blown up while I try to avoid thinking too hard. Cast Gottem Gyrbylert Champagne without thinking too hard about it. And stay with Flare.

If I acquire something for whacking with, whack the badger with it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 03:45:59 am by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25