Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: The Gate of Dreams - Glass Cream (5 / 5) - 16  (Read 30462 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Urban Glenn (5 / 5) - 7
« Reply #285 on: September 29, 2023, 12:38:46 am »

"I think our memories are unnecessary to the task. But... I am curious."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Surveying the Realm (5 / 5)
« Reply #286 on: September 29, 2023, 12:59:07 am »

hmmmm
"You were awake. You are now dreaming. You remain yourself in either state, but the lens of self-perception shifts. It is not typical for an undeveloped soul to retain memories of the Inner Realm."
"Watermelon did say something about undeveloped souls not retaining memories? Maybe we'll start to remember stuff once we've been here a while?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 29, 2023, 01:04:24 am »

"Watermelon? Oh, right the cat thing. Watermelon, can you tell me how to use the keyword for DOOR correctly? Every time I try it seems like I'm doing something wrong. The word in question is N... Nek." She hesitates for a moment before speaking the word, making sure to remain as cutoff from Power as possible.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 01:13:37 am by Egan_BW »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 29, 2023, 01:14:06 am »

"Watermelon? Oh, right the cat thing. Watermelon, can you tell me how to use the keyword for DOOR correctly? Every time I try it seems like I'm doing something wrong. The word in question is N... Nek."

Some time later, a telepathic response arrives.

"Internal system log reconstruction failed due to heavy corrosion."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 29, 2023, 01:18:55 am »

"You guys might want to look into that. Don't want the eldritch horrors escaping containment."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Urban Glenn (5 / 5) - 3
« Reply #290 on: September 29, 2023, 01:34:46 am »

"Watermelon, what did I just almost manage to do? And... how much of a Dream is this, really?"
"Watermelon? Um, what can you tell me about what I almost managed to do to heal my leg? and how much of a Dream is this, really?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams
« Reply #291 on: September 29, 2023, 01:41:39 am »

Ignorance's W̸͕̾̓i̷͔̅t̶̖̘͈̏͗̆c̸̟͖͗̀̐̑h̵̥͓͎͔̄̚

Move closer to the team with Flare. And try two spells: Tuscany, Champagne.
"Tell me if you need help moving, okay?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 29, 2023, 09:03:32 am »

"Do you see something Clerk?  Maybe that spider captured Luna."

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 29, 2023, 12:28:20 pm »

"Do you see something Clerk?  Maybe that spider captured Luna."
Clerk looks confused and points in the direction of the weird shadows "Something is wrong with the shadows in that area! It's all... warped and stuff!"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 29, 2023, 01:23:36 pm »

"Oof.  Luna probably got trapped!  I'm going in after her!"

Move into the nest.  Keep my left arm in front of me, and bent, ready to tear apart any strange webs in front of me.  That was a giant spider, after all.  Keep the vine whip close to my side, ready to strike.

Cast a spell on the way in.

Hekkenwoll Reatatannen!  Aim it at anything that looks important, such as the middle of the hazard zone.

Spoiler: Skylord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Word Scratchpad (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 01:32:07 pm by Devastator »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Urban Glenn (5 / 5) - 5
« Reply #295 on: September 29, 2023, 01:42:36 pm »

"Wa-wait! I can help too!!!" Heavenly Clerk runs after Skylord

Why do people keep running ahead of me!?!? Oh jeez I got a bad feeling I hope my frying pan can protect me.. oh wait I know! What about uh... Requiem Tallen! That should make like... a massive frying pan shield thing I think!? Anyway make that and be prepared to slam it against the nearest spooky evil looking thing!

Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Records (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 01:44:18 pm by Fluffe9911 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 02, 2023, 11:45:46 am »

Discard both dagger capes.  Then cast "Cruulvous Tarle", followed by "Nevbek Selve".  Aside from the spellcasting, stay quiet and stealthy, waiting for Skylord to catch up; fall in behind her once she's here.  Stay a safe distance back, at least five meters or so; wouldn't want us both to get caught in one trap.

Spoiler: Luna's Vestige (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Urban Glenn (5 / 5) - 8
« Reply #297 on: October 11, 2023, 11:55:26 pm »

[Initiative:]

Quote from: Defenders
Heavenly Clerk (Fluffe9911): 72
Golden Flare (Lenglon): 67+20-20=67
Skylord (Devastator): 65
Ignorance's Witch (Egan_BW): 51
Luna's Vestige (syvarris): 47
Quote from: Outsiders
Outsider Spider Legs: 58

"Wa-wait! I can help too!!!" Heavenly Clerk runs after Skylord

Why do people keep running ahead of me!?!? Oh jeez I got a bad feeling I hope my frying pan can protect me.. oh wait I know! What about uh... Requiem Tallen! That should make like... a massive frying pan shield thing I think!? Anyway make that and be prepared to slam it against the nearest spooky evil looking thing!

Skylord's already going in - so confident! Jeez, you can't leave her alone. You don't exactly want to be left alone, either.

(Power: 5)
(Control: 2)

Brown light shimmers into existence, taking the shape of a giant skillet, as wide as your whole arm. The bottom of it looks, thicker, maybe. Reinforced. The only issue is... the handle is normal-sized, and mounted on the rim. This thing looks absurdly unwieldy.

(Might: 1)

You catch it, only to grunt under the weight and drop it.

Heavy, too. You could probably drag it around with you, though, or carry it if you had better leverage than a tiny, normal-sized handle.

"Watermelon, what did I just almost manage to do? And... how much of a Dream is this, really?"
"Watermelon? Um, what can you tell me about what I almost managed to do to heal my leg? and how much of a Dream is this, really?"

The cat is silent for a while, a static echoing in your head.

"You have attempted [ERROR_RECORDS_LOST]. It is not advisable to attempt [ERROR_RECORDS_LOST] at your current stage of development, but your group is proving to be prodigious."

There is another pause.

"... Several previous statements have been reevaluated as erroneous. The records have not been lost. The records have been redacted."

It ponders your second question.

"Reality is to the body as the Dream is to the soul."

"Okay. There's some potential in the theory. and don't worry Ignorance, I... think I can move now. Lets regroup okay?"
hmmm
I lean on Ignorance as I get up, taking advantage of her being next to me to brace myself on her shoulder and keep the pressure light on my leg.
and what was that glow?
I take a couple moments to assess myself, checking on my watch to see if it reacted the same way it did when I cast, looking at my handiwork on my leg, and generally evaluating what exactly just happened.
and Skylord did seem like she wanted one of these
While I reassess and learn, I make an essence of Myne and move towards the rest of the team.

That was... a unique experience. There's more going on here than just these magic words and their effects, even if the words are more reliable.

You glance at your watch. For a moment, it seems like all the hands were aligned, but they're back to moving as normal.

Your leg is... still injured. It feels like, in a sense, you're denying that, rejecting it. Demanding that your leg continue to work as it should.

That hasn't gotten rid of the injury, but somehow, it's easier to move. Hurts less, too. Does that make you a lucid Dreamer?

(Power: 3)
(Control: 4)

Supported by Ignorance, you make your way down towards your team, as you manage to neatly fold a small chunk of energy within a sturdy enough structure that it might be of use to you.

[Gain +0P/+1C Essence of Myne.]

"Oof.  Luna probably got trapped!  I'm going in after her!"

Move into the nest.  Keep my left arm in front of me, and bent, ready to tear apart any strange webs in front of me.  That was a giant spider, after all.  Keep the vine whip close to my side, ready to strike.

Cast a spell on the way in.

Hekkenwoll Reatatannen!  Aim it at anything that looks important, such as the middle of the hazard zone.

You and the Clerk run forwards - Luna has to be here somewhere, in this weird mess. You've got a spell to throw, too.

(Power: 3)
(Control: 5)

The asphalt cracks, and a long, sharp, single-trunked tree bursts out of it, pierces the area in the exact center of the web, and vanishes.

What is that... some kind of portal?

Despite everything, nothing accosts you as you approach the portal in the center of the invisible spatial web.

You look inside and -

"Presence of Outsider Nest confirmed within spatial pocket. Invasion of Nest is required in order to destroy the incomplete Outsiders within."

Well. That's an ominous message. Incomplete Outsiders?

Inside the portal is... just dark. The aura it gives off, though, speaks for itself. All you can feel from it is sheer menace, the feeling of a corruption growing within, ready to tear everything down once released.

Move closer to the team with Flare. And try two spells: Tuscany, Champagne.
"Tell me if you need help moving, okay?"

You support Flare and walk together. The camaraderie warms your heart, assuming you have one. Do you? You're not sure.

But you sure do have Heart. It feels like there's a difference.

(Power: 2)
(Control: 2+1=3)

A little flare of energy leaks off your hands, lands on the ground, and turns into a turtle the size of your foot. The turtle looks to be made of orange energy, but thankfully it doesn't seem to be inclined to choose violence.

(Power: 2)
(Control: 2+1-1=2)

A bright orange baby bat appears in your other hand, nibbles your thumb harmlessly, and proceeds to attempt to fly away.

It runs into a window and falls into some thorny-looking bushes.

Sure. Okay. Whatever. As long as that didn't attract any attention from the... locals.

Discard both dagger capes.  Then cast "Cruulvous Tarle", followed by "Nevbek Selve".  Aside from the spellcasting, stay quiet and stealthy, waiting for Skylord to catch up; fall in behind her once she's here.  Stay a safe distance back, at least five meters or so; wouldn't want us both to get caught in one trap.

You discard both of your unusual creations. Skylord makes for rather obvious bait, as does the Clerk, so you may as well stay in stealth, while you have the opportunity.

Surprisingly, the both of them make it to the center of the spatial web without any consequences. Interesting.

(Power: 6)
(Control: 4+1=5)

You feel the weight of another flask, this one larger, perhaps the size of a gallon of milk, settle into your hands, but when you look down, there's nothing there. Nothing to see, at least.

Even given the cloak of shadows you're wearing, you'd still be able to see something, at least. This large, bulky flask is unseen by your eyes. It doesn't appear to be the case that there's anything inside it, though, at least going by how it feels as you swish it around.

(Power: 4)
(Control: 2+1-1=2)

Purple energy forms, creating a dagger shaped into a small casket or bin. It's sharp, but very unwieldy to grip.

Quote from: Outsider Spider Legs
What was whole has been torn apart! Feast, take revenge and feast! Prey upon the usurper!

(Ambush: 5+1=6)
(Perception - Clerk: 3)
(Perception - Skylord: 4)

From atop the roof of one of the houses, a set of eight gigantic spider legs leap. There is no body to go with them, yet each one seems to act on its own. Yet... not quite on its own. The legs are moving in synch, even though each has their own eyes, they seem to share some kind of awareness.

On their home turf, it seems much easier to move, gliding across strands of intangible space as though it was solid silk.

(Leap: 1+1=2)
(Evasion: 2+1=3)

Skylord barely notices in time, but the legs are not quite as nimble as they might be if they had a core body to them, and she manages to get out of the way before they can surround her and inflict... whatever disaster they have in mind.

The Clerk, meanwhile, hasn't been targeted at all, and from the shadows, perhaps unseen by the eight independent giant spider legs, is Luna's Vestige.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Key (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Outsider Spider Legs (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams
« Reply #298 on: October 12, 2023, 01:08:41 am »

Well, may as well make use of it if I feel full of Heart...

Focus on how I feel while casting spells, how it feels to form them under my will and how the magic squirms about. I can feel it when I'm not casting as well. Feel around for the magic around me, feel its form.

And South!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Urban Glenn (5 / 5) - 3
« Reply #299 on: October 12, 2023, 01:27:56 am »

hmm? she seems focused on something
"Ignorance? What's up?"

Four more to go, I shouldn't risk three spells rapidly anymore, too hard to control.
Keep moving with Ignorance, carefully aim to the side away from ourselves, and keep testing words.
"Gengae Yukrsol"
"Toldyou"

Spoiler: Golden Flare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: spellbook (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25