Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: The Gate of Dreams - Glass Cream (5 / 5) - 16  (Read 30501 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Surveying the Realm (5 / 5)
« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2023, 06:52:19 pm »

Ignorance's W̸͕̾̓i̷͔̅t̶̖̘͈̏͗̆c̸̟͖͗̀̐̑h̵̥͓͎͔̄̚ looks back and forth between the others, apparently confused.

"Is this what we're doing now? You can call me Ignorance's Witch, though that's not quite accurate."

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Surveying the Realm (5 / 5)
« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2023, 12:04:04 pm »

"Performing your purpose as a defender is necessary to prevent the destruction of humanity. Compensation is not necessary."

Watermelon pauses, considering your current facial expression.

"However, you can consider the opportunity to cultivate your soul as 'compensation' for your efforts."

Well that's... does that count?
Spoiler:  ...I GUESS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Records (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Urban Glenn (5 / 5)
« Reply #197 on: April 29, 2023, 10:31:13 pm »

"There exists a majority. It is not necessary for me to vote."

The utility entity flicks its tail slowly, then responds. "Understood. Your destination has been set."

Luna's eyebrows knit together, almost angrily.  "But I can't recall my waking life, either.  My nature here seems to be defined, at least in part, by... well, actually no.  Hrm.  Okay, I guess who I am here is probably defined by whoever you chose to make me from, but if I can't remember her at all, and she can't remember me, we're basically different people.  I'm more like her daughter than her, right?  Except we share souls?  Does what I do here affect her?  If stuff happens to her, will it affect me?"

The magical girl gulps, her expression quite literally darkening.  "If she just dies randomly, do I die too?  Would I just not appear again?"

The cat-thing takes a worryingly long amount of time to respond, staring at you the whole while.

"The full answer to your query is unknown. However, the system utilized to requisition your souls possesses substantial safety measures. It is likely that your soul would not have been selected for retrieval if it was at risk of losing its tangible host."

The staircase of amber slabs is just as steady as the last time you trod upon it, some time ago. A chapter ago.

You emerge from the earth, and into the edge of the suburb. The area feels haunted, liminal. There are number-plates on the houses, but no constant numbers, merely flickering characters. The houses are near-identical, bland. The streets curve and distort.

Most notable is the sea of brambles only broken up by the sidewalks. Trees sprouting out of the roads. Vines chaotically tracing the houses. The plants all feel... dead. Or perhaps asleep. These are not plants. These are dreams of plants, with red leaves and black stems, and sharper red thorns. Growing at a slow pace - but the fact that it is visible at all is abnormal.

There isn't a sense of malice - only that you are unwelcome. Fortunately, you can feel that your Domains are now accessible. You won't be helpless here.

The cat-thing's mind voice echoes within your heads. "No Outsiders have been detected. The Inner Realm may still generate hostile dream-fragments, however. This urban glenn poses no threat to humanity, but your intrusion will be unwelcome."

[Local area map will be generated in [1 Turn]. Travel time to the anomalous location will vary.]
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 05:17:07 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams
« Reply #198 on: April 29, 2023, 10:42:40 pm »

Ignorance's W̸͕̾̓i̷͔̅t̶̖̘͈̏͗̆c̸̟͖͗̀̐̑h̵̥͓͎͔̄̚

She picks a flat spot on the sidewalk and sits, cross-legged.
"I must focus. Please try to not be too... disruptive."

Push the mess of thoughts from my mind and relax. Mediate.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 29, 2023, 10:50:12 pm »

Get an essence ready for the upcoming battle.  Use Zelthenegen.  Hopefully it'll mean persistance.

Once again, punch the ground.  Do my footsteps shake the earth yet?

Spoiler: Skylord (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 10:53:10 pm by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2023, 11:19:55 am »

I look between Ignorance attempting to meditate and Skylord attempting to create an earthquake.
"Well this is going to end well"
I then craft an essence of Taqquin while waiting for the map to be ready.

Spoiler: Golden Flare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: spell notes (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2023, 11:00:26 am »

"Anyways, so what would be 'normal' around here? Is it supposed to be so... empty? How did this place become like this?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2023, 12:33:53 pm »

Heavenly Clerk looks around frowning slightly "Seeing such a place so... rundown it makes me a bit... sad honestly... not sure why." She lets out a sigh before returning to her normal demeanor "Anyway I uh should probably get myself a weapon a therapist should always remain vigilant!"

What was the spell for my therapy object again? Oh right Requiem yeah that's it! Cant go out to the field without my trusty therapeutic frying pan!
Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Records (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 02, 2023, 03:17:29 am »

"Do you think these plants are visible to normal people, too?  Or is it just for us?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2023, 12:51:44 am »

Luna's Vestige seems displeased by Watermelon's answer, her brows furrowed into a scowl, but she says nothing further.

The cloaked magical girl squats down next to a vine, inspecting it as she talks.

"I wonder if normal people even exist here.  We're in the 'Realm of Dreams', but everything here has some greater order and permanence.  Watermelon is like a robot, an actual robot, not someone's nonsensical dream of one."

Luna idly pokes at the vine with her left hand.  "I think this is just... some place beneath real dreams?  Or something created from them?  It's sad and dead, but some dreams are sad.  A lot of people are dead.  It might just be like this."

She stands up, and shakes her head.  Then she turns and starts walking away, down the street.  She tries to teleport some distance down the street.  Just through force of will.  If that doesn't work, then walk normally.  After making some distance from her allies, she whispers a spell to herself, aiming to summon the result into her outstretched hand:

"Ulvulme tarle diaboldatact vzzrl."

Spoiler: Luna's Vestige (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2023, 01:00:29 am »

"I might have powers now, but I'm pretty sure I'm still real.  I mean, we can talk to each other, so we must be real, right?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2023, 01:06:48 am »

"This place is not what you might term reality. Our shapeforms are not real. That being said, it is remarkable that we can speak to one another over presumably great distances. As a species, we would benefit from being able to use that..."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2023, 06:33:52 am »

"Technically, you could all be a part of my dream, and I yours, none of us can really say anyone else exists.  You all seem real to me, but then, dreams are just like that.  They make sense and seem perfectly reasonable right up until they don't.  Like yeah, Witch, that's a good point." Luna gestures vaguely towards the bandaged girl.  "If you're all in my head, then of course I can talk to you without any delay.  But if you're all real, then something's weirder.  Though I guess Watermelon says we've been retrieved, so maybe our souls are somewhere else.  Or space and distance aren't like in the waking world."

Luna stands up suddenly, cocking her head to the side thoughtfully.  "...Have any of you tried teleporting?  We have magic bound by words and everything, so it wouldn't be weird if we had more powers than just that.  I'm gonna try!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2023, 01:31:48 pm »

"No, I haven't at least. But that does give me a few ideas..."
after making the essence that is my primary action for the turn: I want to take a few moments to simply examine myself and just kinda orient myself with how I am, if that makes sense. I want to see if my book contains any useful information, want to look over how my watch reacted to my actions, and to see how warm my firey hair actually is. I also want to actually look at my crest and see what it looks like, and if I feel anything from touching it. Just generally see what I can figure out about myself and who and what I am, if that makes sense.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2023, 04:19:43 pm »

"Well, I could prove I exist by punching you in the face.  I don't think you'd like that, though."

"Although.. can we cast spells on each other?  That'd prove it too."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 04:25:37 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25