Poll closed due to Ragnarok

Conspiracy!
- 0 (0%)
Twas ever thus.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 23, 2022, 06:42:27 am

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: Ventures by Torchlight (looking for wealthy sponsors for dangerous expeditions)  (Read 11375 times)

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile

ACTx3: If the above is signed, I'll be buying the services Ms. Heiger Iverson and 1 Sword, both at the base bid price. And sending her, Sword in hand, on an Expedition to the Overgrown Cave. Think of it as joint ownership.
As a general rule, do not use ACTx3 on conditional actions. The Lazy Fair system is intended to allow the GM to update with the bare minimum amount of effort (which is still a lot of effort for a game like this)- they don't want to have to dig through posts to figure out whether or not you received a loan.
Also, unless you buy out (at double the high bid) an item, you don't have it until the next turn, so you cannot immediately send it on an expedition. This is because- well, imagine if someone outbids you for an item; now you've sent an adventurer on an expedition with something you don't actually own.
So won't have the adventurer till next turn?

You will not, no, unless you buy her outright (like we did with the Dagger).

How averse would you be to an ongoing contract (50% until the equivalent of 6F is paid, then a lower sum with the guarantee that we will support you if you suffer a loss)?

Depends on the sum I suppose.  10%? (Negotiations~)
I was thinking 20%. Meet in the middle with 15%?
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTx3: If the above is signed, I'll be buying the services Ms. Heiger Iverson and 1 Sword, both at the base bid price. And sending her, Sword in hand, on an Expedition to the Overgrown Cave. Think of it as joint ownership.
As a general rule, do not use ACTx3 on conditional actions. The Lazy Fair system is intended to allow the GM to update with the bare minimum amount of effort (which is still a lot of effort for a game like this)- they don't want to have to dig through posts to figure out whether or not you received a loan.
Also, unless you buy out (at double the high bid) an item, you don't have it until the next turn, so you cannot immediately send it on an expedition. This is because- well, imagine if someone outbids you for an item; now you've sent an adventurer on an expedition with something you don't actually own.
So won't have the adventurer till next turn?

You will not, no, unless you buy her outright (like we did with the Dagger).

How averse would you be to an ongoing contract (50% until the equivalent of 6F is paid, then a lower sum with the guarantee that we will support you if you suffer a loss)?

Depends on the sum I suppose.  10%? (Negotiations~)
I was thinking 20%. Meet in the middle with 15%?
Sure. Write up the contract for it?

In any case.
ACTACTACT Spend 3₣ to buy my first slave of hellIndentured Adventurer: Dr. Inns Kath. (Sure it's Bid right now, but want to make sure I at least get this. Still need a loan for the word from Iris.)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 05:58:41 pm by TricMagic »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Blacksand Bank (click to show/hide)

Earl Jack of Blacksand Bank, as Quartermaster for TAC, makes the following items available for our team's Indenture: 1 (not rusty) dagger, 1 Plate Armor

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actactact: Roboson pays the .25 expedition fee on behalf of TAC, in order to send Roboson to the Overgrown Cave.

Spoiler: Expedition Loadout (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Quote from: In no way demonic Proposal
TAC will loan Tim 3₣. TAC has the right to 50% of the loot Tim's Adventurers bring back for three Expedition Turns, it's market value weighed against a flat 6₣. After which Tim pays the rest of the 6₣ payment. Negotiations on market value included, payment may be deferred with additional 50% Expeditions.

Signed: Lord Occultfan of Depthseeker, Arbiter of TAC[
/quote]
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actactact: Roboson pays the .25 expedition fee on behalf of TAC, in order to send Roboson to the Overgrown Cave.

Question, can players count as adventurers?

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile

Lady Floros, now empowered to enter any contract dealing with TAC's finances in her capacity as Treasurer, has drawn up an alternate contract for Tim to sign.

Quote from: Contract of Subsidiary Relationship
We, the undersigned, agree to enter a Subsidiary Relationship with TAC. In this case, TAC (the Parent) agrees to loan a sum of 3₣ to Tim (the Subsidiary) immediately after the signing of this contract, to be spent on establishing themselves in the adventuring business.

Immediately from the signing of this contract on, the Subsidiary is required to transfer to the Parent 50% of the proceeds from adventuring they obtain until 6₣ or the equivalent of items (measured by their market price) has been transferred.

After the Subsidiary has paid off the initial 6₣, they are required to transfer 15% of all proceeds gained by adventuring (or their equivalent in florins) measured by market value. In exchange, the Parent agrees to subsidize the Subsidiary in case they suffer a loss.

• Lady Floros of Songbird, Treasurer of TAC
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Contract of Subsidiary Relationship
We, the undersigned, agree to enter a Subsidiary Relationship with TAC. In this case, TAC (the Parent) agrees to loan a sum of 3₣ to Tim (the Subsidiary) immediately after the signing of this contract, to be spent on establishing themselves in the adventuring business.

Immediately from the signing of this contract on, the Subsidiary is required to transfer to the Parent 50% of the proceeds from adventuring they obtain until 6₣ or the equivalent of items (measured by their market price) has been transferred.

After the Subsidiary has paid off the initial 6₣, they are required to transfer 15% of all proceeds gained by adventuring (or their equivalent in florins) measured by market value. In exchange, the Parent agrees to subsidize the Subsidiary in case they suffer a loss.

• Lady Floros of Songbird, Treasurer of TAC
  • Tim, Fool of Hell, Luck, and Bureaucracy, Searer of Flames.
The Contract is signed.

ACTACTACT: For the Low price/bid of 1.77F, Tim also procures a Short Sword for her new adventurer to be indentured.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 07:45:09 pm by TricMagic »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question, can players count as adventurers?
Only if they don't have funds to pay their debts. Good luck... ;D

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Poor Robo, huh.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Here's hoping he has better stats than the rabble so far!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Robo is a superior specimen of Indenture, I assure you.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Ventures by Torchlight turn 5
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2022, 07:29:12 am »

TURNTURNTURN
Turn 5

Explorators Union buys Pvt Tallhearth Reiff's indenture for 3.1₣.
Tim buys Dr. Inns Kath's indenture for 3₣.

Mr.  Heiger Iverson's indenture is discounted.
Ms. Percy St.Quinn's indenture is bought by the Motherlands Corporation.

Torchlight Adventuring Concern buys 1 Rusty Dagger for 0.55₣
Tim buys 1 Short Sword for  1.77₣

Spoiler: Available Expeditions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Indenture Auction (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Store (click to show/hide)

New Expedition available:
Arena: A test of mettle for a single adventurer, right here in town!
Every 7th turn the locals organize gladiatorial games for adventurers to participate in. The games consist of 1 combat encounter a day, which pays money instead of the usual assortment of loot. As the week progresses more and more dangerous encounters are presented.
Special rules: In case of adventurer death all their equipment is returned to it's owner. Returning from Arena is instant.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 10:07:39 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Tim (click to show/hide)
ACTACTACT: Tim sends Dr. Inns Kath on an Expedition to Overgrown Cave. Expedition Ends if at 1 HP. (See spoiler for current character status, including equipment. Should be standard for my actions.)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 09:14:29 am by TricMagic »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Chamark Cartography Guild offers 2.6₣ for the crossbow.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19