Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Battlefield 4  (Read 5230 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Battlefield 4
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2022, 02:07:09 pm »

(This, this right here leaves an extremely bad taste in my mouth. There is literally no way for any of us to win with the cards you're fielding, other than my own card, and that's one with a counter. There was no warning, just instant death from a coordination of efforts.)
You realise you didn't play any cards for three turns straight, right? Maybe if you'd actually applied some pressure, Stirk wouldn't have been able to pull this off. Or if you had something that could survive Unintentional Bombardment, that would've bought you a turn- a turn that you said would be enough for you to win out of nowhere, exactly what you are complaining about.
The PGW-Isekai combo is so convoluted and expensive that I didn't bring a single PGW in my deck. It's only really viable in this region, where star generation is doubled. Seriously. It's a piss-poor combo.
Long Live United Forenia!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2022, 02:31:13 pm »

(This, this right here leaves an extremely bad taste in my mouth. There is literally no way for any of us to win with the cards you're fielding, other than my own card, and that's one with a counter. There was no warning, just instant death from a coordination of efforts.)
You realise you didn't play any cards for three turns straight, right? Maybe if you'd actually applied some pressure, Stirk wouldn't have been able to pull this off. Or if you had something that could survive Unintentional Bombardment, that would've bought you a turn- a turn that you said would be enough for you to win out of nowhere, exactly what you are complaining about.
The PGW-Isekai combo is so convoluted and expensive that I didn't bring a single PGW in my deck. It's only really viable in this region, where star generation is doubled. Seriously. It's a piss-poor combo.

Why am I getting bulled too ;_;
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2022, 02:55:25 pm »

Yeah, PGW is great for combos, and also if you literally do nothing at all to stop it. Which is what you did. Nothing. You essentially threw the game assuming that we made a 3 star card with literally no uses and then are complaining you lost... not that I can blame you for the assumption I suppose, considering you guys seem to have accidentally made such a thing yourself.

PGW is a card that most of us consider one of the worst in our roster outside of the two cases of feeding Mountain of Bodies or us having Effect Removal, and I personally find Isekae pretty spotty considering its sheer cost that is only reasonably usable in this specific Region, you essentially just gave up.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2022, 03:52:54 pm »

The main thing is the chance of winning that game was zero. Bombardment renders low-level cards pointless. They just die instantly. Putting them out in force was asking to get wiped. At which point I lose die to lack of star gen.
I couldn't play anything to block that would actually save me. Cause I didn't have the stars to. 3 stars would have saved me from bombardment, but not fog.

Corodination is what ended up killing me. We don't have any of that.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 03:54:59 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2022, 04:16:23 pm »

The Gallant Gentleman of Team 2 has won!
The Gallant Gentleman has gained 3 Victory Points for claiming a hostile territory.
Team 2 is now in control of Space Station Theta

---

On another note, I am going to rule that Isekai's revival effect is *not* going to trigger infinitely.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2022, 07:44:42 pm »

The main thing is the chance of winning that game was zero. Bombardment renders low-level cards pointless. They just die instantly. Putting them out in force was asking to get wiped. At which point I lose die to lack of star gen.
I couldn't play anything to block that would actually save me. Cause I didn't have the stars to. 3 stars would have saved me from bombardment, but not fog.

Corodination is what ended up killing me. We don't have any of that.
Play them anyway. Trading your zero star creatures for dead refineries and forcing the other side to spend card plays on bombardments is better then letting them get away with multiple turns of stargen with no counter action from your part or otherwise playing their own creatures, because that leads to this kind of loss.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2022, 08:40:23 pm »

I honestly didn't expect I a nine-star card out of nowhere. Unless supernerd was the one to assign the star rating, no reason to think such would exist.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2022, 04:48:10 pm »

Battlefield 4: Windy Plains Zone
Gabriella Scales VS Elric the Brown Haired

Field Effects:
- Cards with a green background can be played face-down
- Players can only control one 'terrain' type card at a time
- Sheep cards with at least 1 heart have 1 additional heart

Elric the Brown Haired has been randomly chosen to go first!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2022, 05:33:20 pm »

"I think this is the first time we've dueled." Elric notes. "Let's have a good match, yes?"

--
Turn 1
Elric
Hearts: 20
Stars: 1
Board: SFM 0/2.

Gabriella Scales:
Stars: 1
Board:

Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2022, 05:51:38 pm »

“Well let see then, card games are just so interesting don’t ya know?, there so many routes you can approach to reach victory, I just loooove playing them.”

“I play down a Star Wish Waifu, and now that I see that 1 attack is worth two cards of draw, I think I can see who has the advantage over whom.”

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2022, 10:35:50 pm »

"I wouldn't be discouraged just yet." Elric suggests. "There's still time for you to turn the game around... perhaps."

--
Turn 2
Elric
Stars: 2
Board: SFM 0/2, SFM 0/2.

Gabriella Scales:
Stars: 2
Board: SWW 1/2.
Forenia Forever!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2022, 11:00:04 pm »

”Nahhh, I don’t get demotivated that easily, I just like to vocalize my thoughts y’see!” Gabriella retorts, “I can play with more blander cards and still come up top, just watch.”

Anyways I pop down a Refinery

And have my SWW attack your first SFM for a point of damage.”

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2022, 12:21:03 am »

"We're all just being standard today, I see." Elric observes as he plays another maiden.

--
Turn 3
Elric
Stars: 3
Board: SFM 0/[1/2], SFM 0/2,  SFM 0/2.

Gabriella Scales:
Stars: 3
Board: SWW 1/2, Refinery 0/3.
Forenia Forever!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2022, 10:14:31 am »

“Yeah I had multiple of these things in my starter hand” Gabriella states as she plays another refinery

Anyways I use my controlled SWW to destroy your first SFM

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2022, 09:02:55 pm »

"Well, I think it's time to clear the board. Let the sky fall and everyone dies."

Damage Roll

"One of my Spring Flower Maidens and one of your Refineries die, and everything else takes one damage. I spend one star and gain two stars. That was less board clearing then I'd hoped. Oh well."

--
Turn 3
Elric
Stars: 4
Board: SFM 0/[1/2].

Gabriella Scales:
Stars: 5
Board: SWW 1/[1/2], Refinery 0/[2/3].
Forenia Forever!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9