Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [REFURBISHED!] Project Stardust - a mostly-hard-SF worldbuild  (Read 12596 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: [REFURBISHED!] Project Stardust - a mostly-hard-SF worldbuild
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2024, 03:02:41 am »

Updated the original post that was full of outdated lore (half of it was retconned).
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2024, 07:53:55 pm »

The sixth chapter of Stardust: Labyrinth is out! This chapter is essentially non-stop action as the explorers rush through the facility, desperately trying to find an exit. Do they discover more secrets of the Silents or do they simply get lost? Find out!
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2024, 05:57:54 am »

Chapter 7 of Stardust: Labyrinth is out! After 6 chapters of action, I felt like a quiet 'bottle episode', akin to Ch.15 of Origins, was necessary. After all, the characters are organics; they get tired, and they have to eat and drink. Whether that food is any good in their current situation is debatable... also, very important lore is set up here.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2024, 08:58:53 am »

Chapter 8 of Stardust: Labyrinth is out! A rather long chapter again. Somewhat more action than the previous chapter, but still introspective, especially about some alien civilizations. Do things finally look up for the heroes here, after the trip down the sea of nanites, or do they get worse? Or is it more complicated? Find out!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2024, 06:00:58 am »

Chapter 9 of Stardust: Labyrinth is out! After the unexpected windfall in the last chapter that brought more supplies, there is no way but back down. But... which way down? And in which way down? Will the crew's new weapons prove useful, and what will they find on their way back to the vestibule?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2024, 06:21:35 am »

Chapter 10 of Stardust: Labyrinth is out! The mishap in the previous chapter has some... unique consequences for our heroes and their journey through the facility. What consequences, exactly? I won't spoil much... safe to say, this is not quite the usual chapter...

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2024, 09:38:23 am »

Chapter 11 of Stardust: Labyrinth is out! Something of a theme in this chapter is anger. Is it justifiable, given the circumstances? Do emotions matter, given the group's peril? Do they cause more problems than they solve? How to deal with differing beliefs? I felt like dipping my toes into these questions here... alongside some action and lore tidbits, as usual.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2024, 04:22:39 am »

Chapter 12 of Stardust: Labyrinth is out! "Net" is both a thing used for trapping, a symbol of interconnection, and the Russian word for "no". Hmmm... This is a somewhat short chapter, but a very important one. The book is ending very soon, so expect irregular chapter sizes.

...anyways I'm kinda surprised that this is the stage where I've reached the end of it. I knew going in that this was gonna be a short (ish) book, but it still jarred even me. I had no real plan, if I didn't say this before. My style of writing isn't going from A to B to C, it's going from A in a random direction until I can find something that kinda resembles a B, then going from there until I see something that can act as a C. Not nonlinear, but more a random walk than a straight line. In some way, my writing style is more like running a TTRPG campaign where I am both the GM and the players.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2024, 02:53:03 am »

Chapter 13 of Stardust: Labyrinth is out! We have reached the ending! This book did not take nearly as long as Marathon or especially Origins to make, owing to its short length. Nevertheless, I hope that you're familiar enough with the characters to make the climax as exciting as the one in the previous book. I will not spill any details in this blurb, see for yourself!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]