Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47192 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 4: The Burning Sun Looms [7 / 13]
« Reply #1470 on: October 03, 2022, 09:44:54 am »

Hahahahahaha

That's so risky wtf?? I would always assume mafia no kill if both of the 13s were Evil.
I would have been happy sitting and twiddling our thumbs, but the decision went through to make a bold play instead. And it would have been interesting and confusing if it had worked. The chances of any given person being blocked (or there even being a super-high-priority block in the game) is normally low.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: October 03, 2022, 09:46:19 am »

But we could have WIFOM'd our way out of it, but we were also unlucky that basically all the town mutually confirmed one another with their night actions on N1, leaving the pool of killers very small.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: October 03, 2022, 09:48:51 am »

Hahahahahaha

That's so risky wtf?? I would always assume mafia no kill if both of the 13s were Evil.
I would have been happy sitting and twiddling our thumbs, but the decision went through to make a bold play instead. And it would have been interesting and confusing if it had worked. The chances of any given person being blocked (or there even being a super-high-priority block in the game) is normally low.
Trust me, it was confusing when it didn't work. I had no desire to out myself on D2 but I had to prove it was likely Evil killed Persus. Evil killing Evil meant that we had to consider very wacky scenarios as well.

One of the reasons I felt Egan was a better pick than Hector was because I couldn't believe Vector would choose two Evil like a chad for N1.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: October 03, 2022, 09:49:21 am »

I think NQT has been scum for at least one if not more games that I've moderated. Nobody suspects NQT early on.
Unfortunately my town aura did not last long, and some of that is ultimately that I could have played more active and solvey but wasn't up to it through sickness first and later inertia.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: October 03, 2022, 09:51:41 am »

Neutrals and Vector fucked the Evil team up, it's unbelievable.
Town (+ -adjacents) did a great job overall, I'd say. Toony and EuchreJack too.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: October 03, 2022, 09:52:54 am »

Well Im amused at that considering how many times I asked Max if he was SURE he was town.
Yes, it was annoying. I figured at that point admitting that I was only town-by-choice would probably just distract people more.

By the way, I wasn't trying to play like a survivor d1. I really do just have an overly-inflated sense of my own importance to town. :P

I could've won and left the game by lynching Knightwing. I (as you can easily tell) seriously considered it because I really did think Knightwing was anti-town, but I decided to be nice instead.

Hey, Knightwing, I see you're here, so tell me the truth, were you Good? The way your role was listed to me made me think you weren't, but I think that may have just been a misinterpretation on my part.

Yes. And you annoyed the hell out of me.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: October 03, 2022, 09:54:46 am »

Hopefully Web makes my knowledge of the location of the ritual come in clutch to sooth my wounded ego

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: October 03, 2022, 09:55:58 am »

Yes. And you annoyed the hell out of me.
Lol, sorry. Your role was listed in my wincon as "Summoner (Witch)", in the same way as mine was listed as (might as well admit it) "Archdevil (Neutral)", so I thought it was some kind of third-party at first. It was only later that I realized from what the other players were saying that the only alignments were Good, Evil, and Neutral, so Witch was probably just your role word. By then I wasn't sure how to back out of it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: October 03, 2022, 09:57:56 am »

That final night's night result I got still has me confused by the way. That was weird.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: October 03, 2022, 09:59:46 am »

I could tell Max had some irrational hate boner for Knightwing, but I was confident KW was Good so I just wanted Max to back off of KW. Thankfully it seems Max could cooperate with Good here...even if he was a Devil.

That final night's night result I got still has me confused by the way. That was weird.
For what it's worth I didn't see you at all in my night action so you were probably tripping balls.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: October 03, 2022, 10:01:45 am »

I could tell Max had some irrational hate boner for Knightwing, but I was confident KW was Good so I just wanted Max to back off of KW. Thankfully it seems Max could cooperate with Good here...even if he was a Devil.
ARCHdevil, thank you. Way too important to go around stealing souls with the proles. I only stole Knightwing's for a revive.

Which reminds me, while I did get a revive, it actually only fires on kill actions. I was 100% bluffing about surviving the lynch.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: October 03, 2022, 10:33:27 am »

And last of his Archon kind, notquitethere is selected for sacrifice.  The Elder beckons him forward with an all-knowing smile.

“I have won,” They tell him. “Your pathetic group was never enough to stop me.  And now, I will feed you to my sun.”

notquitethere was hardly defenseless, though.  He makes a snap-decision, grabbing ToonyMan and using the Retired Monster Hunter as a human shield.  notquitethere searches through the man’s clothes, finding a shotgun.  He turns the gun on The Elder.  “What you’ve done is still a crime.  Your Right of Governance was revoked, and this cult is illegal under Archon law.”

notquitethere pulls the trigger as Lenglon tackles him.  The shot barely grazes The Elder, who turns and flees.  You see that Lenglon has reverted to a particularly Ghoulish form, baring her teeth as thick saliva oozes from her mouth.  Next to her stands Maximum Spin, now an enlarged devil–No, wait, an Archdevil you realize–who simply shrugs his shoulders.  “Whelp,” he says.  “I chose my side a long time ago.  Should’ve taken up my offer to sacrifice Knightwing64.”

notquitethere gets to his feet in an instant, his Soul Knight training kicking in, reloading the shotgun with a single hand.  Lenglon chooses this moment to attack, but finds her movements redirected mid leap towards Vector instead.  The Folk Witch shields themself as the ghostly forms of Jim Groovester and 4maskwolf protect them.  notquitethere aims the gun at Maximum Spin, as a small impling appears from nowhere, taking the bullet for him.

“Aggie!” Knightwing64 yells out, rushing to the impling’s side.  The Summoner wails at the site of his former familiar bleeding out on the ground as Maximum Spin knocks the gun away.

The impling coughs up some hellish blood before breaking the invisible set of manacles around the Summoner’s wrists.  “Heh.  I always liked being a familiar.  Now get lost, kid and…have a…good…Knight.”  The impling poofs out of existence.

Maximum Spin continues to wrestle notquitethere, but eventually, the Soul Knight gets an advantage.  The Archon summons the Light of the Gods to end this Archdevil’s life, but EuchreJack, having Mindjacked notquitethere earlier, redirects the beam into the Burning Sun instead.  The Sun grows larger, soon collapsing in on itself like a Black Hole.

The Soul Knight looks on in horror at the destruction that has been allowed to happen under his watch.  He tries to fly away, but cannot escape.  He cannot warn the others of the impending doom.  The Elder laughs in uncontrollable madness.  They had finally made a weapon to end the Archons for good.  They had finally defeated the forces of Evil.

And all it cost Them was a few sacrifices.  Today is the Day of the Burning Sun.

Vote Count
------------------------
-> notquitethere --4-- Vector*, Lenglon*, ToonyMan*, Maximum Spin*,
Vector           --1-- notquitethere*,
EuchreJack       --0--
Knightwing64     --0--
Lenglon          --0--
Maximum Spin     --0--
ToonyMan         --0--
No One           --0--

Not Voting       --2-- EuchreJack, Knightwing64,

notquitethere has been executed.

notquitethere was an Archon Soul Knight (Evil).

Game Over.  4maskwolf, Egan_BW, EuchreJack, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64, Lenglon, Maximum Spin, ToonyMan, TricMagic, and Vector win.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun
« Reply #1482 on: October 03, 2022, 10:37:48 am »

Meanwhile, got lynched while asleep. Again. That always happens when I'm town for some reason.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: October 03, 2022, 10:43:57 am »

NOOOO

STOP

AGGIE

MAX, YOU CAUSED THIS

YOU ARE A ARCHDEMON AND CAN’T TANK A GUNSHOT?

AGGIE NOOOO

☹️

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: October 03, 2022, 10:47:14 am »

I'm too lazy to format things, so
Here's my Google Doc with stuff:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fmERq0GwEvR5x6ETyos6oL-5u1zGd_rsX8kafRDh7uU/edit?usp=sharing

Here's Evilchat:  https://discord.gg/tgY7tcnT
Here's Covenchat:  https://discord.gg/cEkTwD6J

My thoughts:
I did make the scumteam a bit weaker than I intended to.  I think some minor tweaks would've made the game much fairer.

Changing the game, I would've made Maximum Spin an Executioner/Mafia-Ally instead of an Executioner/Survivor.  It was too easy for him to survive, and it doesn't really solve his flavor problems of needing the Witch to suffer, so make it so that the Witch loses makes him feel like he has a bit of freedom, but also effectively works for the Mafia.

I would've changed Vector's 1-Shot to be a you can only target Kills and no non-Kills on the targets in here, so that they couldn't be watched or protected.  I'd probably also make the number of targets 3 in this case, but they did just get really lucky in targeting.  It happens.  I'm not sure if anything more would need to happen (If all 3 got targeted, well, then they got obscenely fucked, and that happens!)

I also should've made notquitethere unkillable, but didn't think about it.  Also, hector13 should've had an extra action.  I think these three changes make the game fairly balanced.

The game wasn't really that unbalanced, but the Town got a lot more tools to work with than the scum, and that's going to feel pretty bad.  It doesn't help that Vector, Max, and Lenglon all kinda felt like they targeted Evil over the course of 4 days, hot damn.  It's good play, for sure, don't want to downplay it, but it was also massively unlucky for them ON TOP OF THEM being a tad underpowered.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 102