Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47552 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1335 on: October 02, 2022, 06:00:11 pm »

End of Day 1 Vote Count:

Thread Activity:

End of Day 2 Vote Count:

Thread Activity:

Near End of Day 3 Vote Count:

Thread Activity:

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1336 on: October 02, 2022, 06:03:15 pm »

Toony, that doesn't mean much. Egan basically walked away in the middle of D2.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: October 02, 2022, 06:04:03 pm »

If I could vote Max without ending the day, that's where my vote would be right now. I'm pulling a lot of quotes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: October 02, 2022, 06:05:17 pm »

requesting a votecount
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: October 02, 2022, 06:05:30 pm »

Toony, that doesn't mean much. Egan basically walked away in the middle of D2.
My point is that the end of D1 and this end of D3 have been hectic because scum are in the crossfires, unlike D2 where scum was not in the crossfires and everyone happily voted Egan.

Those players being Hector/Max/Jack/NQT.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 02, 2022, 06:08:02 pm »

My reread is solidly supporting that Hector/NQT and Jack/Max would have to be the teams in terms of behavior (not just mechanically clearing), I'll start posting again soon.

If Hector is scum then I am 80% sure that Hector was converted N1. There are a lot of Persus/Hector interactions D1 that don't look w/w outside of tinfoil hat territory.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 02, 2022, 06:10:18 pm »

My reread is solidly supporting that Hector/NQT and Jack/Max would have to be the teams in terms of behavior (not just mechanically clearing), I'll start posting again soon.

If Hector is scum then I am 80% sure that Hector was converted N1. There are a lot of Persus/Hector interactions D1 that don't look w/w outside of tinfoil hat territory.
My understanding is that there is no reason to think Persus was ever on the same team as the scum we're currently hunting.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 02, 2022, 06:11:55 pm »

@Vector:
I don't think Hector is partners with Persus either. I made a post about it. I think it's even less likely Persus was with Max.

You can't argue Persus is partners with anyone without saying that they also killed Persus for some reason. The kill methods between Persus and Jim are the same.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #1343 on: October 02, 2022, 06:15:57 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> hector13 - 3 - Persus13*, EuchreJack*, Lenglon*,
-> Maximum Spin - 3 - notquitethere*, TricMagic*, Knightwing64*,
-> TricMagic - 3 - Vector*, Jim Groovester*, Egan_BW*,
4maskwolf - 1 - ToonyMan*,
Egan_BW - 1 - 4maskwolf*,
notquitethere - 1 - Maximum Spin*,
EuchreJack - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Persus13 - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 1 - hector13*,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on September 23, 2022 at 22:00 Central Daylight Time (0 hours and 2 minutes remaining.)

NOTE: In the event of a tie, Evil forces choose the execution target.

Maximum Spin isn't saving himself so he has balls of steal or he's town.

What you gonna do Hector?

Or, Maximum Spin is evil, and being in front and tied wasn't a problem.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 02, 2022, 06:17:17 pm »

I have an ability to steal a player's action, which I plan on using on Tric. To me, that will prove Tric's alignment, which I'm reasonably sure is Town.
Steal as in actually steal, or copy?

I can give you a pretty good action, but I'd be worried about you up and dying with it.

Not steal, COPY.  Sorry about that, my role is Thief, so thematically it's called Mind Steal or something, but it's actually copy.

So yeah, I would prefer to copy Tric's action, but anyone else think they got something cool they're going to use, let me know.
You should totally take this then. It'll be good to have two of it. I plan to use it tonight if I don't get, you know, strung up.

This was a very interesting public interaction.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 02, 2022, 06:27:08 pm »

ToonyMan: I'm trying to work out the best way to confirm or disprove the existence of the two blocks tonight. I think that lynching Jack and having you shoot me if he turns out to be Evil could be workable. I'd live, my block would be provable, and I'd be left defenseless. Mafia would probably kill me if I didn't hit right, but that could still be a town victory if the rest of you can pull it off from there. I'm afraid that the mafia have some way around just one block, though: specifically, I'm not sure how natural action resolution would affect it if someone I'm not blocking blocks my block. I'd rather lynch one of NQT and hector, or nobody: in those cases there would be two blocks in play if Jack is in fact town (which I think). But I'll defer to your choice.

I really think you should vote.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 02, 2022, 06:28:16 pm »

Hector also stopped voting in the middle of Day 1, with this being the last vote Hector did until Day 3.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 02, 2022, 06:28:50 pm »

This NQT vote analysis was unusually problematic:

Vote Shifts
Maybe you'd better share it now.

So here's how things stood:
Spoiler: Tric Wagon (click to show/hide)
Then it gets interesting... what does Max do? He jumps on the 4mask wagon:

Lol, I was just about to post that I support a 4maskwolf lynch too.

And then as soon as something else becomes viable:

Let's go with EuchreJack. I'm not convinced he didn't just entirely make up his gelling read on Maximum Spin so that he could town read him.

Then he goes to the EJ wagon:

Sure, whatever. EuchreJack.

Before swiftly unvoting:

Unvote, by the way.

Spoiler: 4mask/EJ tie (click to show/hide)
Things shift quickly against Max:
Spoiler: Max Wagon (click to show/hide)
And so Max does a completely bald-faced lie of a reason to get on the wagon that will save him:

Spoiler: Max/NQT tie (click to show/hide)

So what have we seen? Max behaves entirely opportunistically, jumping on whatever wagon looks popular, and jumps off when he's concerned what it looks like.

I feel like voting again will probably backfire again somehow,

Jim is spot on here. Max is disingenuous. Absolutely happy to launch Max today:
Are you talking about your case here:
That wasn't a "case", that was a "vote", with "some words attached". I wanted to see if notquitethere was pinging anyone else the way he was me, and it seemed like he wasn't, so I didn't push it at the time since I had other people to worry about too.
Making an exploratory d1 vote without explaining it is what I almost always do. It's probably NAI rather than townie because I think I've done it as scum, but it shouldn't strike you as surprising at all.

You asshole, I ask you about shit and apparently you lie about it.

'oh i was just messing with notquitethere'
'oh well actually i was testing the waters to see how other people feel about notquitethere'

I should vote you and throw Lynch All Liars in your face.

All to say... if Max is scum, then 4mask is probably not a scum partner. So I should be voting Maximum Spin (but I still want to hear some answers from 4mask).

Specifically, here's some context that got shaved off, and which explains why Max shifted his vote:

I think Jack is incredibly readable, but look, if this is something we're just going to have to push past, I'll vote him if you want, okay? At some point you people are going to have to accept that I'll vote for anyone because I am not on a scumteam. :P

Do it, then.
Sure, whatever. EuchreJack.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 02, 2022, 06:30:06 pm »

I've reviewed the Day 2 votecounts, and Hector did not vote once.

Uh huh. I’ve covered this plenty. RTFT.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 102