Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47949 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1170 on: October 01, 2022, 10:03:38 am »

Max: Could you please quote the actual post where Jack confirmed what he got from you as something that really happened and not something he could have faked based on stuff you had claimed yourself about it?

that there should solve Jack's slot for me, letting me focus on NQT, and Hector.
Certainly.
Claim: I got offered a Devil Deal.

I didn't touch Lenglon in any way. I roleblocked notquitethere. EuchreJack can hopefully confirm my action, which, incidentally, is pretty obviously towny.
Well, it's not Mafia, since on a certain night, it stops the Mafia Night Kill and reveals the Mafia's target.

So we Don't Lynch Max. We don't want another Tric fiasco.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1171 on: October 01, 2022, 10:07:57 am »

As there is a possibility that both Hector & I are both town being manipulated into a town-on-town dichotomy, I'll vote No Lynch.

If the No Lynch doesn't gain traction, I'll probably switch back to Hector.
There is no way you're both town. I can't think of how that would even be possible, we're losing if you're both town.

Upon review of the above analysis of possible teams, I tend to agree with ToonyMan. Thus, I'm going back to voting Hector13

@Hector: Lets end this. You vote me, I vote you, my fellow townies determine the outcome of the game.

Just realized the corner you backed yourself into with a no lynch eh? You can’t block me if you don’t have a block, and there won’t be a “notification” if I don’t perform the mafiakill, which I don’t have.

I appreciated the theater of you getting to this point, at least.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: October 01, 2022, 10:30:19 am »

For the record, I do think it is possible that Jack could be mafia, but he could not have killed n1 (without multitasking or whatever) because he does have a copy of my block.

You see, with a copy of my block, Jack knows exactly when it does and doesn't block the mafiakill, and can act accordingly with no fear of being blocked. A hypothetical mafia Jack would not need to worry about choosing the kill with the possibility that its target might be exposed until the moment it would be, and then could easily either no-kill or even use the kill to seemingly clear someone - I think I've told the story, before, of when a friend of mine had his mafia partner try to kill him when he correctly figured he'd be protected, so that nobody would think he could possibly be mafia. So we can clearly not trust the result of the block if Jack is mafia.

But of course, some other mafioso could also potentially guess when the block will have that effect, especially if, like hector seems to have, he just didn't understand how it worked before and therefore had no fear of it. Jack gave away way more of how it works than I would have wanted. Given that he said it applies on a certain night, it is not too much to assume that it would apply within the first four nights since it is doubtful any further nights might even happen, and it clearly didn't do anything special on nights 1 or 2. Mafia would therefore reasonably suspect that the autoblock will probably happen tonight, and, if not, almost certainly tomorrow night. So we can clearly not trust the result of the block if Jack is not mafia.

Therefore, I think it's best for me simply to not use it. My other power that I haven't used yet also has a special effect in the right circumstances, so I ought to give that a try instead. Jack, of course, can use it if he likes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 01, 2022, 10:39:18 am »

Max is also walking back in this alleged super block now.

Don’t put that much thought into night actions at all do you? :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 01, 2022, 10:39:59 am »

@Max: At the appropriate time, I think we should both use it. We don't know if Mafia Team has a Super Block.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 01, 2022, 10:47:06 am »

And by your reactions you are judged.
hector13

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 01, 2022, 11:20:22 am »

My reaction to you saying you were a half-decent strategist that would come up with a good plan but doesn’t actually care that much about night actions that other people do to come up with a good plan, except this one time with Jack that you put a lot of thought into, or…?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 01, 2022, 11:22:04 am »

And by your reactions you are judged.
hector13
And shepherds we shall be.

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand.

That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee.

And Teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 01, 2022, 11:28:49 am »

I've been reading D1, Lenglon was very astute here:
I honestly have zero reasons to dislike an Egan lynch right now, so I kinda see why 4mask rotated to it upon jack's statement, but really, this behavior I'm seeing from Jim/Toony/Vector is really odd. Not scummy, but I really feel like I'm missing a communication channel here. So masons?

I agree with not lynching Max, so I am honestly tempted to follow this weird rapid wagon, but weird is weird, so I'm calling it weird.
Yeah, this looks like Mason Chat.

@Toony: Did you get stuck as Mason Chat liason again? That sucked when you had like 3 chats plus the forum going.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 01, 2022, 11:51:14 am »

Orc shooting principals. If you take a lot of shots even with bad aim eventually you'll hit something. I post a lot and say what's on my mind, so there's a lot of chances for my off-the-wall guesses to hit something. I also called the setup having 3 witches back on day 1. Doesn't make me prescient.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 01, 2022, 11:52:29 am »

Vector: You claim to have been in a covenchat with Jim. Jim was annoyed with me for focusing on Hector so much, and Jim flipped Good. Was there anything in your covenchat that might be additional reason to not focus on Hector?

No, it was just that we thought Hector was probably town after D1 and that having a fight wasn't helpful.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 01, 2022, 01:14:52 pm »

Orc shooting principals. If you take a lot of shots even with bad aim eventually you'll hit something. I post a lot and say what's on my mind, so there's a lot of chances for my off-the-wall guesses to hit something. I also called the setup having 3 witches back on day 1. Doesn't make me prescient.
You don't take compliments well.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 01, 2022, 05:57:09 pm »

You don't take compliments well.
Spoiler: off-topic (click to show/hide)

anyway, um, um, what was I doing? oh, I was working through No-lynch vs Hector lynch. If it's a no-lynch, who do the maf kill? they kill either: Toony, Vector, Lenglon. Why? because we aren't suspects for being maf at this time, and so denies the town any meaninful information from the scumkill. probably either Toony or Vector since killing me doesn't help their wincon. So what can town do in response? we have two roleblock claims, both from the same potential scum pairing, so in theory Max/Jack could RB Hector/NQT, and of course if we arranged that then even if the scum were, say, Vector, then they'd intentionally no-kill so that the town mislynches the next day and we'll have wasted resources for nothing. great. okay. So acomplish anything from that? Don't think so. So active lynch then probs. Yeah. Okay, so who lynch and why. Hector is obvs choice, NQT possible... but NQT is known to not have killed even if scum cuz rb'd. so lynch hector? yeah, probs. Hector13

Spoiler: N1 actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: N2 actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rolenames (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 01, 2022, 06:50:44 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> hector13   --3-- EuchreJack*, Maximum Spin*, Lenglon*,
Maximum Spin  --1-- notquitethere*,
EuchreJack    --0--
Knightwing64  --0--
Lenglon       --0--
notquitethere --0--
ToonyMan      --0--
Vector        --0--
No One        --0--

Not Voting    --4-- hector13, Knightwing64*, ToonyMan, Vector,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on October 02, 2022 at 20:00 Central Daylight Time (~25 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 01, 2022, 07:04:57 pm »

Spoiler: off-topic (click to show/hide)
Aw I'm glad I made your day.

I think you've done a much better job than me in this game anyway. It's like some...Supernatural curse.

I looked at D1 again. I don't know if I'll do D2.

Spoiler: Jack & Max (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NQT & Hector (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bonus Content (click to show/hide)

Jack & Max Summary
Jack and Max interacted about 27 times on D1.

I don't really feel like Jack is with Max. There's a few reasons, but I'll list some main points:

1. Jack actively sabotaged a way to save Max at EoD1 by tearing down the 4mask wagon and wanting NQT or Hector instead.
2. Max was willing to die and did not vote to save themselves.
3. Jack and Max openly discussed how Jack was going to copy Max's action on N1 and needed to clarify with Max that it's a copy and not steal.

Counterpoints:

1. Jack townread Max really early in-game and never let go of it, had no desire to vote Max on D1.
2. Jack seems incredibly on-the-ball with reads and has been very accurate with player alignments.
3. Has not been as active on D2 and D3, although has given a reason why.

I don't feel these are strong enough to suspect Jack is Evil.

NQT & Hector Summary
NQT and Hector interacted about 13 times on D1.

I think it's possible that NQT and Hector are Evil together. Main points:

1. NQT and Hector both harassed Lenglon together for claiming not-Evil/TP, who cares about voting not-Evil/TP?
2. Hector defends NQT towards EoD1 and shows no suspicion of them.
3. Hector and NQT were both voting Max together for EoD1 (Hector later unvotes Max but doesn't vote anybody, maybe Hector felt comfortable being in a three-way tie because Evil decides ties?)
4. NQT hasn't done any interesting chart/visuals, his main thing has been showing the current vote tallies and going "these people voting me are suspicious!"

Counterpoints:

1. Hector townreading NQT is similar to Jack townreading Max.

@Max:
I also, to be clear, think there's a good chance NQT may actually be scum. I am even starting to think that NQT could be part of a witch coven that are trying to bat for each other subtly, and since I already think that there is a member of a witch coven who is secretly evil...
I mean… that just sounds like a regular scum team but with witch flavour so… it shouldn’t need any special consideration or anything like that :p
Oh, I was thinking maybe only one of them is scum, so the other witches THINK they are all town and try to defend each other. It was just a wild speculation though.
This evil witch would be Knightwing, correct? There's no chance it could be Vector?
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 102