Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47770 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1140 on: September 30, 2022, 11:45:28 pm »

- The big shadow hanging over me is the half memory of one of the previous Supernaturals where someone claimed benign 3rd party and they were believed right til the end when it turned out they were a serial killer (am I thinking of Bluarian, or one of the other games. Toony should remember.) We have basically three "neutral" or neutral adjacent players, two of whom have lied through their teeth constantly. Previous experience tells me that there's a snowball chance in hell they're all what they claim.
We aren't voting Lenglon/Knightwing/Max.

- The N1 kill is a puzzle a lot of players are getting caught up in. And yeah, I love a puzzle too. But I've also been burned a million times in these role mad games. Especially by Wuba. It'll turn out someone had two actions, a ghost companion that tricked trackers or could summon angels to do their bidding or some batshit thing that we're not anticipating. Let's see who cares about catching scum and who doesn't.
Gonna look into Vector then?

- For these two reasons, I'm parking my vote where my gut has been all game: Max. This guy should have been cleared D1 but you nuts decided to kill Tric for whatever insane Bay12 reasons.
Tric looked a lot like scum to me.

By the way you're the only person left on his town reads, Egan was Good and Persus was Evil, I wonder where you fall?

For his scum reads all three of Jack, Max, and Me are alive. Town!Tric is absolutely never correct on who mafia are (look at Hat Mafia), so that already makes me confident Jack/Max is not a thing like Hector is saying.

- There's an interesting pattern in how the claims fit together, like who falls in with whom. More on this with my charts I guess.
For what it's worth I think the Evil left is either Jack/Vector or NQT/Hector. With me being 80% in the NQT/Hector category.

- My block flavour was like I got caught out and lost track of time, it was pretty vague about whether it was supernatural/natural interference/just poor time management.
This seems like it matches then.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1141 on: September 30, 2022, 11:47:41 pm »

It just seems at this point Hector and I can't be on the same side.

NQT didn't do the kills.
Toony's Town Vigilante.
Vector is Masons with Town Doctor Jim.
Max isn't Mafia, as his Roleblocker on one of the nights stops the Mafia kill. Which takes a night of killing from Mafia.
Knightwing is like a Town Inventor Arsonist. Who needs to realize as an admitted Town Arsonist that getting neutered by Town is a reasonable outcome.
Lenglon seems like a legit Fairy Godmother. Neutral, so existence alone does not help Town win (or prevent town loss), but working towards Town Win-Con.

So I've run out of suspects. I'll post more from my computer.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 30, 2022, 11:51:02 pm »

You claimed blocking NQT while performing the kill, so when I claim being blocked you can say “who by, all the blocks have been claimed!” and can throw shade on me, being a suspect for the N1 kill.
So who blocks you? Jack? In which case he really does have a copy of my block and couldn't have killed d1?

Or if you mean that I block you but Jack kills, that's slightly more reasonable, but preeeetty dangerous given that Jack and I would both have weak claims and it's already known that I'd been blocking people. Why would I want to make it your word against mine like that? After all of d1 and d2?

You're forgetting that Lenglon could also have done the kill d1, by the way. Knowing that my action succeeded is not impressive, especially after I already claimed it.

Do you want to accuse Lenglon of performing the kill when she’s the one putting together all the night actions? It would be ballsy, and Vector implied she has a strong scum game, but I find it very difficult to believe that if both you and Jack are town and have a block, that neither of you use it to try to help town block the suspected N1 killers, and you block the same person you blocked N1.

You would’ve blocked me in this scenario. NQT was already being blocked by Lenglon so there’s nobody to say you didn’t or couldn’t have blocked him. I was suspected of performing the N1 kill so it’s not an unreasonable claim to make to block me, so making it your word against mine is not a bad idea considering I am now the main suspect for the N1 NK now Egan and Jim are gone, unless you wish to push the idea Lenglon is doing it?

PPE: @Lenglon: I’m not claiming I was blocked last night, I’m spitballing basically.

The ability that gives me the list is unblockable, presumably because I don’t leave my lodge and I have sigils to prevent magical interference. I don’t think I’d get told about a block as a result of that, even if I was.

@Hector: Why so worried about whether or not Max blocked you?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 30, 2022, 11:52:25 pm »

I’m not worried at all about being blocked because it has no bearing on me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 30, 2022, 11:53:59 pm »

Do you still have a block Jack? It's not lylo so we could no lynch and have Max block NQT and you block Hector or something. This is also a nice precaution because if there's 3 Evil left we are actually in mylo and probably shouldn't be lynching anyway. I could also track someone tomorrow for even more coverage.

Jack I don't like most of your attitude for D2 and D3. You've felt distant. :(

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 01, 2022, 12:00:48 am »

And the Thunderdome begins. Wish I had the lust for battle to enjoy it.  Oh well.

What made you think Vector was the doctor? In this post you seem pretty convinced they’re scum:
So what changed to make you think Vector wasn’t an enemy, but a boon to town?
Reflecting upon Vector's post, and Vector's claimed reduction of the Night 1 kill to two people, which NOBODY COUNTERCLAIMED, lead to to conclude Vector had a town protection role.

What changed to make you think Egan’s low effort was a scumtel,l when you initially said it was a towntell and that scum!Egan was more focused and committed to win?

Low effort and disappearing are two different things.  In Jade Court (which you know about, since you subbed in) and other games, scum!Egan disappeared after it looked like they couldn't win as scum.  Hence my REALLY REALLY REALLY needing Egan to respond. Had Egan said "Hi Doods, me not scum", I probably would have NOT voted Egan. In fact, I made sure to let everyone know where my vote was going, JUST IN CASE Egan showed up.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 01, 2022, 12:01:50 am »

Wait, are Witch Covens guaranteed to be the same alignment, at least at the start of game?

@MOD:
If a Witch Coven exists how are alignments handled?

In the last Supernatural we had NQT and Persus together and I believe they were both told they're guaranteed to be town at game start, so I wish to believe that is the case here. Jim put Vector as a top town read at the end of D2 so I'm hoping that holds weight not just from Jim's personal read.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 01, 2022, 12:06:13 am »

What changed to make you think Egan’s low effort was a scumtel,l when you initially said it was a towntell and that scum!Egan was more focused and committed to win?
Low effort and disappearing are two different things.  In Jade Court (which you know about, since you subbed in) and other games, scum!Egan disappeared after it looked like they couldn't win as scum.  Hence my REALLY REALLY REALLY needing Egan to respond. Had Egan said "Hi Doods, me not scum", I probably would have NOT voted Egan. In fact, I made sure to let everyone know where my vote was going, JUST IN CASE Egan showed up.
I was 100% going to vote NQT if Egan stopped their res.

If they couldn't stop the res, but continued to post in thread I may have still switched to NQT although I can't guarantee that situation.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 01, 2022, 12:08:23 am »

Do you still have a block Jack? It's not lylo so we could no lynch and have Max block NQT and you block Hector or something. This is also a nice precaution because if there's 3 Evil left we are actually in mylo and probably shouldn't be lynching anyway. I could also track someone tomorrow for even more coverage.

Sorry for getting a job and working more  >:(

But yeah, I still got the block. I was planning on using it tonight, hopefully with Max using his block as well. We'll probably stop the Mafia Kill, but if there is Another Kill, it'll probably get through.

I don't think I can switch to No Lynch.  What if Hector votes me at the last possible second?
Although, the win condition (for town at least) is different than normal. One Good Player prevents Evil from winning.

Wait, are Witch Covens guaranteed to be the same alignment, at least at the start of game?

@MOD:
If a Witch Coven exists how are alignments handled?

In the last Supernatural we had NQT and Persus together and I believe they were both told they're guaranteed to be town at game start, so I wish to believe that is the case here. Jim put Vector as a top town read at the end of D2 so I'm hoping that holds weight not just from Jim's personal read.

That is a valid concern. Vector could have just been playing Jim & the rest of us all along. Neighborhoods exist.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 01, 2022, 12:09:51 am »

Shame Web is our Mod instead of one of the players. He reads Vector accurately, and I read him semi-accurately. Oh well.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 01, 2022, 12:16:45 am »

If everyone else is voting a no lynch it won’t matter what I do, and it would more than likely result in me getting eliminated the following day or NKd by Toony if it did do something.

Frankly, I’m not against the idea. Jim said the Evil wincon is to at least be even with town, so we know there aren’t 4 scum, so the most they have is 3. Even if there’s a kill on N3, it’ll take it to 7 players unless something very weird happens, so there should be a D4 to sort it out.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 01, 2022, 12:19:15 am »

I probably should have mentioned that I was previously self-employed, so I could play Forum Mafia at work (I the boss didn't mind).
I'm now working part-time, and unable to post while at that part-time employment. You can probably see that there were moments where it seemed like I had all the time in the world, and moments when I was just gone.  That should explain things.
I was also hoping to go from part-time to full time, but just found out today that won't be happening for a while. So that sucks.

Any more personal details you want? My mother's maiden name was Putin. Or was it Trump? Merkel? I forget...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 01, 2022, 12:26:32 am »

If everyone else is voting a no lynch it won’t matter what I do, and it would more than likely result in me getting eliminated the following day or NKd by Toony if it did do something.

Frankly, I’m not against the idea. Jim said the Evil wincon is to at least be even with town, so we know there aren’t 4 scum, so the most they have is 3. Even if there’s a kill on N3, it’ll take it to 7 players unless something very weird happens, so there should be a D4 to sort it out.

@Everybody Else: I find this suspicious, because with my TOWN wincon, I could see two town winning if two scum remained.
It's not even really hard, imagine Toony as Vigilante kills one scum, while Max roleblocks the Night Kill. 
Assuming scum only has their night kill, 50% chance of victory!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 01, 2022, 12:27:31 am »

...it would require Max & Toony not to vote each other the next day. So it's not exactly 50%.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 01, 2022, 12:32:41 am »

Why is that suspicious? ??? That’s what Jim said.

Equally so, town can’t win with any Evil alive. It may get auto resolved if Evil can’t win with what town has, but the wincon is still to kill all Evil and have at least 1 Good alive.

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 102