Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47797 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1110 on: September 30, 2022, 01:19:06 pm »

You claimed blocking NQT while performing the kill, so when I claim being blocked you can say “who by, all the blocks have been claimed!” and can throw shade on me, being a suspect for the N1 kill.
Hector, are you claiming to have had a roleblock attempted upon you last night?
Your theory seems to have Jack and Max kill Jim and block you respectively, N2, and to have had Max block NQT and Jack kill Perseus N1, is that correct?

Which directly reminds me, Lenglon, what was the priority on your jailkeep? You never did answer that I saw.
P3, and it wasn't a "true" jailkeep exactly. It was a roleblock + Protect vs kills. It didn't prevent others from visiting or let me talk to them at night or anything like that. The ability was called Petrify, and it was a 1-shot from the Medusa role.
Last night my role changed again in the same way as it did the night before, which is why I can account for 4mask's action. I do not intend on claiming my current role or anything about it today.

You're forgetting that Lenglon could also have done the kill d1, by the way. Knowing that my action succeeded is not impressive, especially after I already claimed it.
To be fair, my N1 was complicated because I multi-actioned, but my night results on N1 were confirmed several different ways for each of the various parts. I'll be a touch amused if someone actually tries to put forward a case that I did the N1 kill.

Spoiler: N1 actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: N2 actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rolenames (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1111 on: September 30, 2022, 01:23:43 pm »

You claimed blocking NQT while performing the kill, so when I claim being blocked you can say “who by, all the blocks have been claimed!” and can throw shade on me, being a suspect for the N1 kill.
So who blocks you? Jack? In which case he really does have a copy of my block and couldn't have killed d1?

Or if you mean that I block you but Jack kills, that's slightly more reasonable, but preeeetty dangerous given that Jack and I would both have weak claims and it's already known that I'd been blocking people. Why would I want to make it your word against mine like that? After all of d1 and d2?

You're forgetting that Lenglon could also have done the kill d1, by the way. Knowing that my action succeeded is not impressive, especially after I already claimed it.

Do you want to accuse Lenglon of performing the kill when she’s the one putting together all the night actions? It would be ballsy, and Vector implied she has a strong scum game, but I find it very difficult to believe that if both you and Jack are town and have a block, that neither of you use it to try to help town block the suspected N1 killers, and you block the same person you blocked N1.

You would’ve blocked me in this scenario. NQT was already being blocked by Lenglon so there’s nobody to say you didn’t or couldn’t have blocked him. I was suspected of performing the N1 kill so it’s not an unreasonable claim to make to block me, so making it your word against mine is not a bad idea considering I am now the main suspect for the N1 NK now Egan and Jim are gone, unless you wish to push the idea Lenglon is doing it?

PPE: @Lenglon: I’m not claiming I was blocked last night, I’m spitballing basically.

The ability that gives me the list is unblockable, presumably because I don’t leave my lodge and I have sigils to prevent magical interference. I don’t think I’d get told about a block as a result of that, even if I was.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: September 30, 2022, 01:34:08 pm »

I say spitballing, I’m spitballing what I think happened N2 in regards to Max blocking me while claiming to have blocked NQT, because both their N2 night actions don’t make sense.

It would make sense to me if Jack and Max are the team, N1 Max blocked NQT, and Jack killed Persus, yes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 30, 2022, 01:42:54 pm »

P3, and it wasn't a "true" jailkeep exactly. It was a roleblock + Protect vs kills. It didn't prevent others from visiting or let me talk to them at night or anything like that. The ability was called Petrify, and it was a 1-shot from the Medusa role.
Last night my role changed again in the same way as it did the night before, which is why I can account for 4mask's action. I do not intend on claiming my current role or anything about it today.
Right, that's entirely consistent with what I know and can't be ruled out, then.
To be fair, my N1 was complicated because I multi-actioned, but my night results on N1 were confirmed several different ways for each of the various parts. I'll be a touch amused if someone actually tries to put forward a case that I did the N1 kill.
t would be strange for you to admit, truthfully, to multitasking while faking an action, but acknowledge that it isn't INCONCEIVABLE. Particularly in a hypothetical EuchreJack/Lenglon team universe, where we could imagine the whole scum team has multitasking as another attempt by webadict to foil nightsolving.

Do you want to accuse Lenglon of performing the kill when she’s the one putting together all the night actions?
Sure, why not?
I find it very difficult to believe that if both you and Jack are town and have a block, that neither of you use it to try to help town block the suspected N1 killers, and you block the same person you blocked N1.

You would’ve blocked me in this scenario. NQT was already being blocked by Lenglon so there’s nobody to say you didn’t or couldn’t have blocked him. I was suspected of performing the N1 kill so it’s not an unreasonable claim to make to block me, so making it your word against mine is not a bad idea considering I am now the main suspect for the N1 NK now Egan and Jim are gone, unless you wish to push the idea Lenglon is doing it?
You accuse me of putting way more thought into my night actions than I have ever done.
Honestly, if you want to push Jack for not even using the block in a situation where he should obviously have used the block and I even SAID AS MUCH, then yes, I can be open to that. But you seem to want me as the mastermind here, so you're overstepping the low-hanging fruit, as it were. Which makes me wonder if you are with Jack, distancing, but I'm not wondering it too hard right now.
Going to be honest with you, way more honest than I like to be about my suspicions having been totally wrong, but... I didn't think you killed Persus. I thought Persus was mafia killed by an SK rather than the other way around, and I was seriously considering that that SK may have been Knightwing. Given that I knew Knightwing's flavor involved having an enslaved imp, which I now know firsthand was used to send Devil Deals out to the target rather than visiting personally, double-acting seemed totally plausible. Since I was going to screw him over with the Devil Deal, it wasn't in my interest to block him, so I decided to block NQT again on the theory that it might have prevented a mafiakill and might do so again. Blocking you wasn't even on my radar at the time I submitted my action. Of course since you think I'm mafia you won't buy that explanation, but it's the reason for my seemingly nonsensical action.

I don't know man. Do YOU carefully remember everything other players say they're going to do in the night over the course of the entire (multi-real-day) day, to filter through before you submit your action even when said action is sent in at [checking sent PMs] 11PM? I'd go crazy if I tried to be that precise. I just do what sounds best to me at that immediate moment and assume other people will probably do fine.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: September 30, 2022, 01:50:35 pm »

NQT: What kind of flavor did you get last night regarding what happened to you?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 30, 2022, 01:51:29 pm »

Max: Before NQT answers, could you please tell me what the flavor is of your roleblock?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 30, 2022, 01:52:49 pm »

@Max: You said earlier that you’re a smart cookie halfway decent at strategy, and now you’re trying to suggest you don’t really care that much? Which is it?

I mean… it’s not that difficult to remember a claim one person made about a night action, even if you don’t care.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: September 30, 2022, 01:58:20 pm »

For reference: here's where me jailing NQT was arranged:
also Toony, I had intended to jailkeep NQT tonight if they were alive, so I think we need to establish right now if I should be doing that or not. I can rotate to an alternate suspicious individual easily enough so that I don't block your shot.
That's true. Try to jailkeep NQT then.

I intend to shoot Tric if they come back tonight, but I'll figure out what to do otherwise.
and it was referenced later on by Jack here:
Four and a half hours later from Toony wanting the day to continue and no responses.

I'm confident enough at this point to vote Egan_BW.

My apologies for not being around more for Day 2. Work mostly.

I would like to have made a proper case on Jim. Mostly, he seems to be trying to control the outcome more than his Town self.

NQT is suspicious, but someone offered to Jailkeep him, so that slot is resolved for now.

I would have liked to make my acceptance of the Devil's Deal more democratic, but not enough time. I'm taking it.

I'm mostly convinced Hector is Town. The crap he's giving me reminds me of our AmeriPol argument, where he presumably was expressing his honest opinions. I'd be more convinced if he spent more effort on other players, but I haven't been following 100%. I think he's made some other good points as well.

Internet issues on my end.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 30, 2022, 01:59:51 pm »

@Max: You said earlier that you’re a smart cookie halfway decent at strategy, and now you’re trying to suggest you don’t really care that much? Which is it?

I mean… it’s not that difficult to remember a claim one person made about a night action, even if you don’t care.
I still haven't actually seen where Lenglon said this. I'm just taking your word for it really.

It's not that I don't care, exactly, it's that I didn't notice and wouldn't have trusted that the plan would stay the same anyway.

Max: Before NQT answers, could you please tell me what the flavor is of your roleblock?
Misleading people into going the wrong way. n1 I left him lost in the woods. n2 was honestly not at all specific but I imagine it is roughly the same thing. It just said that I changed his path for the night, then moved on to the result from Knightwing.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: September 30, 2022, 02:08:27 pm »

I still haven't actually seen where Lenglon said this. I'm just taking your word for it really.
Lenglon looks at the post immediately before the one she's quoting
Lenglon looks at Max and raises one eyebrow

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 30, 2022, 02:17:17 pm »

Lenglon looks at the post immediately before the one she's quoting
Lenglon looks at Max and raises one eyebrow
Yes, sometimes people post things before I'm done writing my post.
I went back and read that part of the thread after I posted and saw your post.

Honestly, I don't remember any of those posts between Knightwing saying he wanted to become Evil, and Jim's post that I answered. I seem to have come into the thread six hours later at what would have been the time I was first waking up that day. I have now used the word "post" too many times. Look, with no memory of the event, I can't say why I don't remember it. I just certainly, at the time I sent my night action to webadict, had no preconceptions about what you were going to do.

Truthfully, I'd like to think that, if I were faking this, I'd have come up with a better alibi.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 30, 2022, 02:45:25 pm »

I buy it. I still think it's more likely that Hector faked their N1 results or could double-action. Notice that the roles Hector claimed info about N1, and only after Jim pressed for it multiple times, were his own role, the role of the person who had just died, and one other. Also, notice that the exotic roles haven't shown up at all on Hector's lists. Not a single one of my three different roles during this game, and not Toony's. So basically only the hard-to-guess ones have not shown up.

Again, no outside confirmation of Hector's actions N1, when almost all other options are either outside confirmed or straight up dead (or both).

And of course there's the simple fact that Jim was pressing Hector on the subject of the lists, and Jim was the one that was nightkilled.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 30, 2022, 03:07:20 pm »

Jim was also suspected of the NK on N1.

Y’all aren’t going to forget about my claim just because Jim isn’t around, and Jim not being around also has me on the chopping block. He has a watch, sure, but there were, what, 9 other players to choose from? The most likely watch target was Toony. On top of that, the vast majority of players weren’t really doing anything D2 so there were many choices for a low risk N2 NK which would have me not on the block as a result, but that is WIFOM I suppose.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: September 30, 2022, 03:44:30 pm »

My imp betrayed me, I thought we were pals, he even bantered in the flavor text…

Knightwing64

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 102