Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47918 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #1035 on: September 28, 2022, 07:46:47 pm »

Well I'm home now so I guess I'll post for perhaps the last few times I can in this game.

I have soccer practice so I won't be back before EoD but I don't have that much more to say tbh, all I have to say is I realized that the lack of a nightkill last night could have been the wolf team using a one-shot convert which I somehow spaced on despite it being used on me in the last Supernatural.
I didn't really see a reason to mention that since I was the N1 convert.

*cough*

I think the reason why there's been a lack of discussion of this possibility is because we did have a kill last night.

In Supernatural 10 there was no kill on N1 so discussion immediately went to conversions, Dark Magus Webadict had converted the third-party killer 4mask and was able to convince a lot of players that I was a possible N1 convert since I was remarkably townie on D1. I think that's something I have over 4mask as a player is that players usually find me really townie regardless if I'm town or mafia while a player like 4mask is unreadable and gives players the willies.

I was theorizing maybe Persus killed themselves to convert another player (a powerful tradeoff), but this logic gets very hairy unless we assume Vector is in on it. Because Vector was the one that had Hector and Persus be the only kill targets. I don't really like this theory.

Toony thoughts while driving home:

I'm pretty mad Egan has decided not to play because they could be town and now it's completely up to people who aren't Egan to determine that. I'm annoyed that everyone is listening to me even though I haven't been right. I'm hoping at least some of the effort I put into catching a Persus buddy bears fruit. I think Jack could still be town if Egan is town. I find it annoying how easily 4mask slipped the lynch on D1 while Tric got the noose, especially if 4mask is scum. I don't really know who Evil!Egan would be with besides Jack, so if Egan is Evil I think Jack is fucked.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 28, 2022, 07:51:45 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Egan_BW     --5-- Jim Groovester*, Maximum Spin*, Vector*, notquitethere*, EuchreJack*,
notquitethere  --1-- 4maskwolf*,
4maskwolf      --0--
EuchreJack     --0--
hector13       --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
Knightwing64   --0--
Lenglon        --0--
Maximum Spin   --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
Vector         --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --5-- Egan_BW*, hector13, Knightwing64*, Lenglon*, ToonyMan*,

6 to Hammer. Day ends on September 28, 2022 at 20:00 Central Daylight Time (0 hours and 8 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 28, 2022, 07:51:58 pm »

I admit, I didn't even consider the possibility of a 1-shot convert replacing the mafiakill last night. how lovely. And if there was one, Jack was by far the most obvious target to hit with it since he was getting powered up overnight and considered to be town by most. so that's a thing.

I don't think it changes today's lynch though.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 28, 2022, 07:57:09 pm »

I forgot to point this out in my Persus post:

Persus had Hector as one of their strong town reads alongside me and Jim, but we saw later that Persus dropped Hector a lot and by the end of D1 was their top pick for scum. I don't think this drastic drop was unnatural from Persus, in other words I don't think Persus was doing it at some weird distancing thing with Hector. So I wouldn't move Hector at all from where I had them in my original post.

I admit, I didn't even consider the possibility of a 1-shot convert replacing the mafiakill last night. how lovely. And if there was one, Jack was by far the most obvious target to hit with it since he was getting powered up overnight and considered to be town by most. so that's a thing.

I don't think it changes today's lynch though.
I dislike Jack's attitude towards Devil Deals and how they greedily gobbled up Knightwing's offer, but don't want other (mostly town) players to get the benefits.

Vote Count
Egan isn't even voting to save themselves here. I think this shows they don't wish to play which annoyingly I want to read as something mafia!Egan would do as I've seen this behavior from them in the past. But at the same time I also mentioned I don't have much experience with town!Egan, if at all??

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 28, 2022, 07:59:29 pm »

I thought I'd get home earlier than this. In my brain the day was ending an hour from now, not right now.

Oh well, let's see if Evil continues to die through no effort of my own.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 28, 2022, 08:29:52 pm »

The group takes their time, but eventually elects Egan_BW as their evildoer.  There are cries that it’s not possible for him to be one of those horrid monsters The Elders tells you about.  It hardly matters, as the discussion comes to an end, as Egan_BW offers no resistance.

He steps forward, giving The Elder no chance to talk.  He pauses before the Burning Sun.

“The Art may die with me, but I will only die with the Art.”

Egan_BW throws himself in, falling out the other side.  You notice a small ashy residue covering him, but his body slams into the ground.

As the Children clean up the area, you decide to head back to your lodges, though one of you takes a moment to look in Egan_BW’s, in case, well, anything good might be in there.

Their account of what happened next is skeptical at best, given that the art of Golemancy has been condemned for centuries, but they tell you of a lone golem Priest that may have escaped into the night, never to be seen again.

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Egan_BW     --5-- Jim Groovester*, Maximum Spin*, Vector*, notquitethere*, EuchreJack*,
notquitethere  --1-- 4maskwolf*,
4maskwolf      --0--
EuchreJack     --0--
hector13       --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
Knightwing64   --0--
Lenglon        --0--
Maximum Spin   --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
Vector         --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --5-- Egan_BW*, hector13, Knightwing64*, Lenglon*, ToonyMan*,

Egan_BW has been executed.

Egan_BW was a Golemancer (Good).

It is now Night.  Please send in your Actions (or lack of Actions) within 24 hours.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Night 2: Go, Go, Good Golem [10 / 13]
« Reply #1041 on: September 29, 2022, 10:55:18 pm »

You gather in the morning as per your now usual and find two of your siblings missing–4maskwolf and Jim Groovester.  You decide to investigate their lodges as a group and find that the worst has happened to them.

Outside 4maskwolf’s lodge, you find his body facedown.  As you carefully inspect the body, you reason that someone must’ve shot the poor guy while he was Dreamwalking.  The area around his lodge seems different, changed from the luscious greenery of the Yard to a twisted horror.  As you speculate on this, The Elder steps forward, telling you of a legend They once heard of a Nightmare Weaver who could change the world around them like 4maskwolf.

You don’t have time to fully mourn yet as you continue to Jim Groovester’s lodge.  You see that he, like Persus13 the day before, has been cut open and had his organs laid out in a meticulous circle.  Searching through his pockets, you find the tattered remains of a Wizard scroll in what amounts to a Witch’s robe.  Combining the secretive magical arts like that, The Elder explains, would be only possible from an Eclectic Witch.

The Elder tells you that these unfortunate innocent souls will never see the Burning Sun, but they can be avenged and the culprits redeemed by traversing through the Burning Sun.

4maskwolf has been killed.

4maskwolf was a Nightmare Weaver (Good).

Jim Groovester has been killed.

Jim Groovester was an Eclectic Witch (Good).

Vote Count
------------------------
EuchreJack    --0--
hector13      --0--
Knightwing64  --0--
Lenglon       --0--
Maximum Spin  --0--
notquitethere --0--
ToonyMan      --0--
Vector        --0--
No One        --0--

Not Voting    --8-- EuchreJack, hector13, Knightwing64, Lenglon, Maximum Spin, notquitethere, ToonyMan, Vector,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on October 02, 2022 at 20:00 Central Daylight Time (~69 hours remaining).

It is now Day.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 10:57:19 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1042 on: September 29, 2022, 11:02:16 pm »

Updated Day 1 Vote Tracker:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Day 2 Vote Tracker:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1043 on: September 29, 2022, 11:06:37 pm »

@Mod: Are we are MYLO or ELO?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 29, 2022, 11:08:43 pm »

I roleblocked NQT again to confirm. I think we can now clearly piece together that there was, in fact, a scumkill last night, Persus was probably separately Evil and caught by bad luck, and NQT, while not strictly cleared of being Evil, at least hasn't been doing the killing.

I didn't think Egan was gonna be scum, but I do think it was worth it to stop the resurrection potentially leaving us even less informed. If he would've been willing to cancel it, we could've avoided it, though.  :-\

I can confirm that Knightwing did give me a Devil Deal last night. Now, uh, in reference to that, I probably lied more than I ever have in mafia before, and certainly more than I ever have in the service of town, but I have to give QT some credit, besides not doing the kill, he was also right about lying being potentially valuable. :P Whoever guessed that I might be setting a trap for the summoner was right - it doesn't do anything bad to me. My immortal soul is not imperilled in any way, and I got a nice upgrade. Knightwing is probably not any harm anymore. Sorry to mess with you like that, KW, but I had to resolve you somehow.

The rest of you had better stand up and be counted. ToonyMan, in particular, are you claiming that shot on 4mask? Because, well, you had better.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 29, 2022, 11:14:42 pm »

@Mod: Are we are MYLO or ELO?
I cannot answer this question.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 29, 2022, 11:23:19 pm »

With Lenglon a claimed 3p and Knightwing an obvious 3p even if he won't admit it, MYLO seems very possible. We should treat it as if it is.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 29, 2022, 11:27:14 pm »

Well Max, that was highly redundant of us then, because, as I told Toony I was going to do yesterday, I used the Jailkeep 4mask gave me upon NQT last night. So that's two different roleblocks spent on the same person. yay. Also, I can account for 4mask's action last night, which is part of why I kinda despise Toony's choice of shot.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 29, 2022, 11:27:43 pm »

With Lenglon a claimed 3p and Knightwing an obvious 3p even if he won't admit it, MYLO seems very possible. We should treat it as if it is.
Agreed.
I'm now wondering if it's ELO.
4 Good, 1 Non-Evil, 3 Evil
2 Kills
I think we have to Lynch correctly today

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 29, 2022, 11:44:48 pm »

Well Max, that was highly redundant of us then, because, as I told Toony I was going to do yesterday, I used the Jailkeep 4mask gave me upon NQT last night. So that's two different roleblocks spent on the same person. yay. Also, I can account for 4mask's action last night, which is part of why I kinda despise Toony's choice of shot.
Well... I didn't see you say that. My bad. What's the priority on your jailkeep?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 102