Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47881 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #990 on: September 27, 2022, 09:03:17 pm »

4mask: please link to the Rules of Powerwolfing you're talking about?
Sorry that's some inside baseball terminology from MU.

Rule of Three is the idea that most wolves, when giving a list of three scum picks, will slot exactly one real wolf into their picks. 1/3 is a nice proportion that's comfortable, because it gives you plausible deniability to pick the "wrong" picks off your wolf list while not locking you into hard wolfhunting the majority of your team.

Powerwolfing refers to a style of wolf play that pushes wolf agenda above all else. Your goal is to rip through the town and throw the town into chaos and infighting by constantly flipping towns and win the game before the town gets its shit together and realizes what you're up to. Pushing lists of nothing but townies is pretty classic powerwolfing, so I was contrasting it against the more typical rule of three invocation.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 27, 2022, 09:06:50 pm »

Oh wait.

Max was supposedly specifically mafiakill blocked.

So one of Hector, NQT, or Max if Persus is a pack wolf.

Which is much less useful.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 27, 2022, 09:09:18 pm »

Oh wait.

No, max was the blocker, not the blocked, apparently his block has some kind of special mafiakill block under specific conditions that did not apply last night. His block was confirmed to work that way by Jack who got a copy of the action Max performed last night.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 27, 2022, 09:10:36 pm »

Max: Are you currently Neutral? I know I've asked this before, but it's very relevant to the current conversation.
I don't quite see the relevance, but I am still Good like I said before.

4mask: please link to the Rules of Powerwolfing you're talking about?
He actually said "or", not "of". Meaning, I think, either "Rule of Three", which I'm guessing means the usual pattern "when mafia gives three suspects, expect exactly one to be mafia", applies, or maybe he's being clever and directly subverting it.

Never mind, he said the same thing himself.
What? According to whom?
My action is confirmed by Jack anyway, but I think you're getting confused. My action can specifically block the mafiakill, but not when I used it last night.
And late again. Whatever. :P

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 27, 2022, 09:10:51 pm »

Oh wait.

No, max was the blocker, not the blocked, apparently his block has some kind of special mafiakill block under specific conditions that did not apply last night. His block was confirmed to work that way by Jack who got a copy of the action Max performed last night.
Oh okay I misread the helpful chart you made (thanks for that by the way!)

Which makes it a lot more helpful but still not guaranteed.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 27, 2022, 09:19:42 pm »

Reposting update 5 of N1 actions:
notquitethere -- attempted to destroy Tric's body, Roleblocked by Max
Knightwing64     -- Offered Jack a Devil Deal
Maximum Spin     -- Roleblocked NQT
4maskwolf        -- Transformed Lenglon into someone that can Jailkeep
Egan_BW          -- No Action, currently reviving Tric At Day's End
EuchreJack       -- Stole roleblock + prevent mafiakill from Max, got another Monster ability (Bind Souls, redirects two targets to each other).
hector13         -- received three role names, and how many of each there are in the game. The roles received were Mystic, Wizard, and Sage.
Jim Groovester   -- Lookout (or Watch) on Hector, nobody visited Hector.
Lenglon          -- Bug Max (action succeeded), gift monster action of NQT's to Jack
ToonyMan         -- Tracked Vector, claims Vector no-visited
Vector           -- no-actioned, limited kills to Perseus and Hector as D1 action, seen as no-visiting by Toony.

just making it so you don't have to scroll back so far to find this.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 27, 2022, 09:28:50 pm »

I'm not sure the ordering on Jim and Toony's claims so I'm not sure if they can be crossed off the list for sharing information that wasn't publicly known yet.

Of these I think Egan is the most likely, followed by Jim/Toony if one of them claimed after all information they could have revealed to the town was already known, followed by Vector, followed by hector. This is just off of actions and claims, not my personal opinion of their play.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if this was another BYOR 13 with Persus, Knightwing, and Egan as three independent Evil "factions".

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 27, 2022, 09:30:53 pm »

I'm not sure the ordering on Jim and Toony's claims so I'm not sure if they can be crossed off the list for sharing information that wasn't publicly known yet.

Of these I think Egan is the most likely, followed by Jim/Toony if one of them claimed after all information they could have revealed to the town was already known, followed by Vector, followed by hector. This is just off of actions and claims, not my personal opinion of their play.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if this was another BYOR 13 with Persus, Knightwing, and Egan as three independent Evil "factions".
Vector and Toony are backing each other up.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 27, 2022, 09:35:02 pm »

Vector and Toony are backing each other up.
Right I missed that Toony was supporting Vector's claim.

If Toony claimed before Vector than that leaves Egan, hector, and Jim as the three most obvious possibilities, with Jim's being contingent on other things.

IIRC Jim also claimed multi-action capabilities?

Vector and NQT are the only ones who couldn't have performed the kill without an accomplice no matter what, I think. One was roleblocked and the other tracked.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 27, 2022, 09:36:41 pm »

Barring ninja/strongman actions but murr.

There's a million possible mechanical rabbitholes you can go down but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: September 27, 2022, 10:02:02 pm »

@4mask:
You're retreading ground but I guess you haven't really been around until now.

Yes I claimed my action before Vector did. I was waiting for you to claim like I said back then because on D1 I suggested I was going to investigate you or NQT last night and wanted to wait until the both of you had claimed (in NQT's case it was already revealed that Max blocked NQT).

If NQT tried to perform a mafiakill that's pretty ballsy considering I could have tracked him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 27, 2022, 10:04:35 pm »

Given the data as supplied by 4mask, then, I very strongly think that it's Egan. They have been surprisingly quiet after that "do you really want to expose the killer" post that they made.

I have reasons to be fairly sure of Jim. I won't share them at this time. I have a hard time seeing Hector as scum due to behavior/effort but reserve the right to change my mind on reread. Compared to Hector Egan is a big flashing red neon sign on my scumdar, whereas Hector is like ... a gro-light at best.

I still need to do my reread but I'm 95% satisfied with an Egan lynch today. My second choice is Knightwing. I don't understand why people have the attitude: "keep the SK" (if we believe there's an SK). The scumteam gets one kill, the Sk usually gets one kill. The scumteam is therefore like an SK with extra hit points.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 27, 2022, 10:08:49 pm »

I'll seriously vote NQT if Egan just calls off the priest resurrection. I can decide what to do tonight based on NQT's flip.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 27, 2022, 10:21:30 pm »

I still need to do my reread but I'm 95% satisfied with an Egan lynch today. My second choice is Knightwing. I don't understand why people have the attitude: "keep the SK" (if we believe there's an SK). The scumteam gets one kill, the Sk usually gets one kill. The scumteam is therefore like an SK with extra hit points.
Do you think Knightwing killed Persus? I don't. (even if he did I approve of an SK that can't hit town)

SK!Knightwing is fucked because he announced himself. I assume normally Max would get a Devil Deal by some unknown Summoner, get turned into a slave or whatever, and then not know who the hell did that. But because KW was nice enough to advertise his devil deals it means Max can just go "hey KW is a bad guy" tomorrow and then we lynch KW. If KW flips Evil then hooray, if KW flips Good then Max is a lying bastard and we get a free Evil kill. If Evil kills Max to keep him silent then KW gets a raw deal and everyone not named Max gets to be alive for D3. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 27, 2022, 10:26:44 pm »

Right. Sorry, my dumb rona-laden butt forgot about the delay on KW's ... potential triple-kill. Mostly I wanted a chance to use my line about a scumteam being an SK with more HP. It's a good line :V
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 102