Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47877 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #900 on: September 26, 2022, 09:37:03 pm »

Come to think of it, maybe my blunderingly claiming my PDE day action could have been useful here, since scum know that my revive is probably legit and the main way they can get rid of it would be by pushing for my Elim today. Unless they have a day-block in which case I guess I just screwed up.
Look for scum instead of thinking of excuses to save your ass.
No, fuck you.
This is how town loses games. You're here to post, but not to help.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 26, 2022, 09:42:02 pm »

Okay, then no, I don't know if Knightwing is Evil by alignment, I only know his wincon.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 26, 2022, 09:58:16 pm »

Okay, then no, I don't know if Knightwing is Evil by alignment, I only know his wincon.

I don't think you've explicitly stated what the win condition is other than calling it an SK.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 26, 2022, 10:05:00 pm »

I don't think you've explicitly stated what the win condition is other than calling it an SK.
Are there multiple meanings to that? He wins by killing everyone else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 26, 2022, 10:08:22 pm »

By the way, the flavor is that he's farming devils, so I'm guessing he has to perform devil deals in order to get the power to kill more.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 26, 2022, 10:17:00 pm »

Well then let's kill the mafia first since KW isn't that. I can shoot KW at some point so Max is happy. If KW isn't lying then he'll still win with Good and I get to make fun of Max.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #906 on: September 27, 2022, 12:28:11 am »

PPE: sorry for the wall 8) despite my years and tens of games of mafia, brevity is still an issue.

So EJ’s weird voting extended a couple of hours before he voted me for stupid reasons, and gosh it looks bad. He unvotes here, 7 hours (got extended a little after this) before day end:

Unvote since I'm feeling better about NQT.

And immediately voted Toony for rolefishing in the next post, and the post after that because  he’s voting Town!Tric which, to be fair, Toony was. However, he goes into a minor rant over Toony rolefishing when he wasn’t, and implied Tric fullclaiming in a power heavy game would be bad.

Toony and EJ have a back and forth over the other person voting a townie, not a great deal, EJ concludes voting Toony is good, but changes his mind 10 minutes later in his next post, citing not being around for day end, FoS’ing Vector.

He makes some chat later because nobody other than Tric posts, gets in his own head about Max and says the Max wagon, at 5 votes, is for some reason less strong than the 4mask wagon, at 3. He then posts links to Vector’s posts and convinces himself Vector is okay. Says afterward he actively despises the 4mask wagon, saying that he feels it built up in a scummy way, even though at this point he seems to have come to the conclusion that two of the three people on the wagon at this point - Jim, Toony, Vector - are probably town. He gets asked about what he means by Lenglon and posts this response:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He implies Jim, NQT, and MaxSpin are throwing shade on 4mask, “building the wagon in a scummy way”, fails to cite any of Toony’s posts in the case he spent a great deal of time pushing on 4mask and Tric (despite him thinking Toony is town!) and instead of voting for Jim, still on the 4mask wagon, he elects to vote for NQT, despite Max,  the other person “scumilly building” 4mask’s wagon, voting for NQT.

Notable also that during the time EJ unvoted NQT, saying he felt better about him, and the time he voted him again, NQT doesn’t post.

His final vote of the day is piggybacking Persus’ vote on me, reasoning “fuck it”. He earlier in that post also says he doesn’t have time to look into me, despite having spent the previous 4.5 hours and 45 game posts going through 4masks wagon and some of the points made against him by others (conveniently ignoring Toony’s case, the biggest proponent of the 4mask elimination at that point) and clearing Vector through her posts.

I find it difficult to reconcile the ostensibly methodical EJ he was seeking to present between his unvote and revote of NQT, and the lackadaisical and homicidal EJ he became at day end.

On top of this, as Jim pointed out, EJ played in Jade Court, the game in which scum!Egan disappeared completely off the face of the earth, much like this game.

So yeah, I was going to look into Jim too, as the teams my gut were telling me were likely were Egan/EJ and Jim/Max, but I think I managed to convince myself the remaining guys are Egan and EJ. I’ll probably do this tomorrow at some point.

So yeah, consider this an intent to vote Egan without actually doing it ‘cause I’m going to bed and don’t want to waste time other folk may want to discuss things, in the case of a hammer.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 27, 2022, 12:34:28 am »

Max: I realized that I have a weird and kinda redundant / nonsensical mental map of what exactly your roleblock that you used last night actually does. Could you re-summarize it for me?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 27, 2022, 12:49:36 am »

hector13:

A’ight nobody fell into my trap, which wasn’t so much a trap as a hope that somebody would slip and fakeclaim something.

I have an action that tells me some roles present in the game, which is what I did N1.

I received three role names, and how many of each there are in the game. The roles I received were Mystic, Wizard, and Sage.

This is a very boring role.

How many of each did it say?

I am not going to forget about this so you better put some numbers down.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: September 27, 2022, 01:22:35 am »

Oh yeah I forgot to address that.

But no. I think it gives too much space for fakeclaiming to reveal numbers, at least right now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 27, 2022, 01:58:45 am »

That's very convenient reasoning to not put a claim on the line.

Why, if you claimed your results, as more of the set up is revealed we can see that i) you are absolutely not performing night kills, and ii) you could not be making your results up. Both of these things increase the likelihood that you are town, especially as the game goes on.

But you won't because I think you made it all up and don't want to be tested on it. Which is why you didn't claim the actual numbers immediately anyway.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 27, 2022, 02:12:54 am »

Max: I realized that I have a weird and kinda redundant / nonsensical mental map of what exactly your roleblock that you used last night actually does. Could you re-summarize it for me?
At the moment I used it, it's just a roleblock. It blocks one person's action like any other roleblock. Under the right circumstances, it will instead block the mafiakill, specifically, and publically announce the intended target.

Haven't read rest of thread yet.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: September 27, 2022, 06:46:44 am »

Fuck me.

NotQuiteThere

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 27, 2022, 06:47:19 am »

Time to embrace Derm. Fuck all of you

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: September 27, 2022, 06:57:35 am »

KW, why are you voting for me? I'm not scum.

(Incidentally, I would be willing to accept your revive if it's guaranteed not to resurrect me as something other than town.)

4mask, what's your case?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 102