Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47912 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #885 on: September 26, 2022, 08:47:15 pm »

Come to think of it, maybe my blunderingly claiming my PDE day action could have been useful here, since scum know that my revive is probably legit and the main way they can get rid of it would be by pushing for my Elim today. Unless they have a day-block in which case I guess I just screwed up.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 26, 2022, 08:48:02 pm »

No. It tells him “to look out” for me, which apparently makes me confirmed scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 26, 2022, 08:49:04 pm »

Come to think of it, maybe my blunderingly claiming my PDE day action could have been useful here, since scum know that my revive is probably legit and the main way they can get rid of it would be by pushing for my Elim today. Unless they have a day-block in which case I guess I just screwed up.
Look for scum instead of thinking of excuses to save your ass.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 26, 2022, 08:49:34 pm »

I am so sick of this.

@MAX:
Does your role tell you that the Summoner is Evil?

I also want to know the answer to this.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 26, 2022, 08:52:16 pm »

The Reviver should know whether or not we can be sure of the revived remaining Town. Presumably, a Priest would revive Town as Town. So, if Egan is Town, then the revival is safe. Otherwise, Egan is just a lying death cultist.
A priest can res someone as anything. I have no idea where you're pulling this from. Just look at Supernatural 10 as the most recent example where town!Bluarian came back as a SK after Town Priest Luckyowl res'd them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 26, 2022, 08:52:32 pm »

I am so sick of this.

@MAX:
Does your role tell you that the Summoner is Evil?

I also want to know the answer to this.

If you don't say that your role explicitly tells you that the Summoner is Evil (with a capital E) I don't give a shit.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 26, 2022, 09:01:08 pm »

Look for scum instead of thinking of excuses to save your ass.
No, fuck you.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 26, 2022, 09:07:28 pm »

Man, another rough day of remote work software engineering. Now that I'm off work I hope I can sit back and relax and play some mafia. I wonder what's going on in Webadict's Supernat-

However, I do believe at least one scum was on Tric's wagon.
At this point, I'm thinking it's Jim.
Since the NQT wagon doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and I think Egan is Town, let's see if Jim Groovester is a more viable scummy target.
@Max & Knightwing64: Could we de-escalate your feud and have you both vote Jim? First to switch gets FREE Townpoints!

>:|

You don't think I'm scum. Stop it.

I read Day 2 and have some commentary about a few things, including generic commentary about some of the conversations going on. I should probably reread Day 1 again and reassess how I feel about everybody.

ToonyMan has already commented on a lot of the points I want to comment on but whatever.

Knightwing64 being a Good Witch Devil Summoner

I think I believe Knightwing64 here.

Maximum Spin being vulnerable to Knightwing64 the Witch Devil Summoner

I think I believe Maximum Spin here that if he gets offered a Devil Deal bad stuff happens, but not necessarily that Knightwing64 is immediately Evil because of it.

Evil (with a capital E) isn't necessarily monolithic

Alright, good to know. I might've read into the win condition too much and made too many assumptions.

multitaskers

I have abilities that are Free Actions so multitasking is possible in this game. The ability I used on hector13 was a Free Action if you are curious.

hector13 and Lenglon continuing to argue over stupid shit

Wow a repeat of Day 1 neato.

What does your win condition say?
“ You are a Summoner (Good).  You win when all Evil Players are removed from the game, and there is at least one Good Player alive.”

Knightwing64 fired this off in less than two minutes after me asking about it. So if he's lying he had it ready to go, or he's telling the truth.

Max, why did you lie yesterday when you said you were against lies?

Not a fan of this vote today either.

You didn't answer me during Day 1 but I'll ask again, especially with the context of what people have been talking about during Day 2.

Do you believe that Maximum Spin is both telling the truth about him being vulnerable to Knightwing64 the Devil Summoner and already Evil?

Serial Killers are capital E Evil and we can't win of they are still alive.

I meant to ask how you knew this yesterday but never quite got around to it.

KW
My claim seems suspicious? I literally… are you serious?
You're giving out Devil powers... you must admit that's a little eyebrow-raising. What happens when you claim people's souls?

I'll give you that on its face Knightwing64's role and flavor don't look good, but it's also not uncommon for Supernatural games to subvert expectations regarding flavor. E.G., the town werebear and probably other examples that I'm not immediately recalling.

This day has felt a bit more muted. There's a lot less fire. Maybe I'm just not awake when they are but I don't feel I've heard much from 4mask, Jim, Vector, Egan. 4mask and Jim aren't even bothering to vote. I felt good about Jim yesterday but his hard defence of Max concerns me. 4mask continues to be dodge. There's scum in this pool.

I sort of tuned the game out after a while yesterday and I was working today so I ignored the game so I didn't let it affect my work performance, and let other things affect my work performance instead.

Could it also be that the mafia killed Persus who is just an Evil third-party here?

The more I ponder about this the more I think this is the case.

There have been angels in previous Supernaturals but I don't recall there ever being more than one in a game (though I haven't played all the Supernaturals and I'm not going to bother checking that I'm right). Persus13 being a solo Evil who got nightikilled by team Evil would explain why nobody has come forward to claim the kill.

Describe who you are and why you're here, right now.

I have some cards I want to keep hidden that would be revealed if I described my role flavor.

I find it curious how hard Jack is defending Egan when Egan is my top suspect for killing Persus.

It's possible someone else killed Persus, but my money is on Egan. I really want to hear from them more.

You point this out and I agree. Jack suddenly became very interested in turning votes away from Egan_BW.

Egan, what'd you do last night?

Are we sure that we want to narrow down who killed Evil!Persus?
Absolutely. Talk, now.

I asked if "we" are, not if YOU are. Does anyone else have opinions?
Knightwing: Should we narrow down who killed Persus?
That's reasonable. I did No Action.

This is a pretty conspicuous sequence from Egan_BW. Almost like he was posturing himself like he knew something about Persus13's killer but pulled himself back.

A’ight nobody fell into my trap, which wasn’t so much a trap as a hope that somebody would slip and fakeclaim something.

I have an action that tells me some roles present in the game, which is what I did N1.

I received three role names, and how many of each there are in the game. The roles I received were Mystic, Wizard, and Sage.

This is a very boring role.

How many of each did it say?

I am not going to forget about this so you better put some numbers down.

I'm also bewildered why everyone is insisting that reviving Tric is a Very Bad thing.

You mean like that time a Priest revived a dead player into a demon
Or like that time a Priest revived a dead player onto the scumteam
Or like that time a Priest revived a dead player into a demon again

Yeah why would anybody not like revives in Supernaturals.

Egan just looks like their Town self. Goofy, fun-loving, and clearly enjoys being a part of Forum Mafia as a low-effort Townie.

I might have more semi- relevant experience with Egan as scum, as the GM of the Forum Paranoia game. Egan as scum is generally a cool, focused professional committed to the win.

You know my impression of scum Egan_BW is that they completely disappear like they did in Jade Court.

EuchreJack is spending a lot of effort into defending Egan_BW for whatever reason.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 26, 2022, 09:08:46 pm »

webadict: Would a Serial Killer be considered Evil in this game?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 26, 2022, 09:10:35 pm »

I’m NOT A SERIAL KILLER-

Fucking Christ

I’m going to bed.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 26, 2022, 09:14:37 pm »

Still not really here but skimming through what I've missed today I noticed a comment about destroying Tric's body because a lot of body-related actions are anti-town.
I'd like to note that I have at least one granted ability that involves bodies and is pro-town, and also that I'm pretty skeptical of NQT's claim that that was their night action, especially as what was pretty close to a last-claim I think (I don't know where NQT claimed I just saw it recently added to Leng's list).

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 26, 2022, 09:15:36 pm »

notquitethere

Yeet!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 26, 2022, 09:21:20 pm »

Still not really here but skimming through what I've missed today I noticed a comment about destroying Tric's body because a lot of body-related actions are anti-town.
I'd like to note that I have at least one granted ability that involves bodies and is pro-town, and also that I'm pretty skeptical of NQT's claim that that was their night action, especially as what was pretty close to a last-claim I think (I don't know where NQT claimed I just saw it recently added to Leng's list).
It's from here:
Can you tell us what you tried to do last night? If it's an action that isn't known then tell us who the target was suppose to be and why.
I'm a Sexton with a few boosted abilities to do with binding and putting to rest souls. N1, I was going to destroy Tric's corpse as resurrections are like 50/50 anti-town, and zombie killers have been a thing in other games. Tonight, I intend to prevent Persus from being resurrected or whatever else, by destroying his corpse. This should be confirmable.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 26, 2022, 09:32:51 pm »

Max claimed they role-blocked NQT quite early on D2. NQT claiming late doesn't really mean much to me in this situation.

It's also pretty unlikely that NQT killed Persus. Even if they had free actions like Jim has they would have still been blocked by Max.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 26, 2022, 09:36:11 pm »

webadict: Would a Serial Killer be considered Evil in this game?
That is entirely possible.  If you're speaking purely archetypal, a Serial Killer could be anything:  Evil, Neutral, Good.  They merely have the tools to kill all Players.  If you're speaking purely by win condition, then they would fit under Evil or Neutral, depending on the setup.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 102