Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47948 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #660 on: September 25, 2022, 05:15:02 pm »

Maybe all witches are called Summoners? I’m confused now. What do you mean by causing problems

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 25, 2022, 05:16:10 pm »

@Max:
Is KW the one that will cause problems if they reach out to you?
Yes. "Summoner" is the exact role name listed.
This is a very simple solution.

KW, you did not contact Max, but Jack, on N1. I'm going to assume this is because you do not wish to contact Max. Is this true? Can you promise not to give a Devil deal to Max?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 25, 2022, 05:16:52 pm »

Serial Killers are capital E Evil and we can't win of they are still alive. If KW is claiming the Evil Witch role Max forewarned about then either KW is Evil or Max is, no?

Max claimed to be convertible on D1. I reflected on it in the night and assumed maybe he was doing that as a trap, but evidently not.

Lenglon, "monster" tag on a power and "evil" alignment have no relationship. My role is not a monster role (like were creature, demon etc). EJ can confirm it has nothing  obviously monstrous, the tag must just be there for role interaction and WIFOM.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 25, 2022, 05:19:25 pm »

Sure? I mean, I didn’t purposefully not pick Max, there was nothing that said it would be a bad idea, choosing Jack was a random idea.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 25, 2022, 05:19:44 pm »

NQT: If you'd claimed it instead of being caught with it, I'd believe you. But that isn't what happened. My vote stays.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 25, 2022, 05:21:29 pm »

Lenglon, "monster" tag on a power and "evil" alignment have no relationship. My role is not a monster role (like were creature, demon etc). EJ can confirm it has nothing  obviously monstrous, the tag must just be there for role interaction and WIFOM.
Is it true the only reason you didn't claim you had a monster tag on an ability is because you forgot?

Sure? I mean, I didn’t purposefully not pick Max, there was nothing that said it would be a bad idea, choosing Jack was a random idea.
Did you pick Jack because you felt they were most likely town?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 25, 2022, 05:22:10 pm »

Web is subverting it a bit here by having you be Good.
Knightwing is not Good. I know this for a fact.

Look, based on the fact that you claimed to townread him early while he was acting more like his scum self, I'm guessing you're probably also a witch and in a neighborhood with him, right? But while you may think you are Masons, you're not actually. He's a ringer.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 25, 2022, 05:23:54 pm »

By the way,
Serial Killers are capital E Evil and we can't win of they are still alive. If KW is claiming the Evil Witch role Max forewarned about then either KW is Evil or Max is, no?
I admit I didn't clear this with web, I just assumed that only mafia are Evil and SKs are 3p. So I may have been wrong to say he's a 3p.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 25, 2022, 05:25:33 pm »

@Max:
Why didn't KW contact you on N1? He looks extremely bumbling here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 25, 2022, 05:27:02 pm »

@Max:
Why didn't KW contact you on N1? He looks extremely bumbling here.
I have no idea, but he could be, sometimes he makes silly decisions. Also, somebody - was it Tric? I don't remember - suggested that I might have been setting a trap, so he could have been afraid of that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 25, 2022, 05:27:13 pm »

Web is subverting it a bit here by having you be Good.
Knightwing is not Good. I know this for a fact.

Look, based on the fact that you claimed to townread him early while he was acting more like his scum self, I'm guessing you're probably also a witch and in a neighborhood with him, right? But while you may think you are Masons, you're not actually. He's a ringer.
I'm not a witch.

I don't specialize in any magic.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 25, 2022, 05:31:13 pm »

Pfp

Is it true the only reason you didn't claim you had a monster tag on an ability is because you forgot?
Kinda. When Max and Lenglon were claiming monster power, I didn't even notice that tag on my own power. That's why I speculated that Lenglon might be a were creature. I only noticed during the  night when I looked at my PM again to see what I wanted to do.

But I haven't and won't unnecessarily claim the tags on any of my powers. That doesn't help town, it just helps malicious actors who may have power interactions.

Lenglon thinks she's being clever here but is being super obtuse (she isn't actually Town, so maybe this is deliberate).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 25, 2022, 05:35:48 pm »

NQT: You also need to commit to not directing Knightwing64 and Max onto each other.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 25, 2022, 05:43:06 pm »

Given your reactions, I feel like I have made a misplay.
Yes, yes you have. You needed to either claim this yesterday in response to Max's claim, or to not claim it at all.

Jack: whatever the ability was that you did not get from Max, is the one I copied to you from NQT.

Hector: Evil are monsters, Max and I claimed D1, as Millers should. Max claimed to be convertible, and combined with the Miller claim, I believed him to be Not Evil. I was able to counter him being convertable as well, and intended to do so, so I did so. As a rule of thumb, Millers and others with penalties built into their role get bonuses to compensate, so keeping Max around had the potential to pay off greatly. NQT on the other hand seemed suspicious to me D1, so I checked him for unclaimed monster abilities using my copying tool. It was successful, so NQT had a Monster ability to copy. He did not claim it, Evil are monsters, therefore NQT is Evil. And so I naturally voted him and made public this information as my first post of the day. Why are you chainsawing for him?

Possibly because I trust you about as far as I can throw you, like I said on D1, plus the weird shit you did at the end of D1, the oddly coordinated behaviour between you and Max already on D2, plus your completely changed role which is still conveniently a Miller?

For a town-ally you’re not doing much to engender trust here. Like, you overtly say you think Max is survivor yesterday, and think his consequent super-powers from him being a Miller will be beneficial to town, even though if he is a survivor, he doesn’t have the same wincon as town, also knowing he has claimed to be able to be converted by an evil (or Evil) witch, which he announced in the game thread to everyone?

It’s utter madness. Do you not think that you having had knowledge of Max’s ability to be converted would mean he or the evil (or Evil) witch has some means to counter that, as you say penalty roles get compensatory powers? I don’t understand your apparent analytical strength not being applied equally across the theoretical - “rules of thumb” - and the reality of what you know in the game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 25, 2022, 05:44:52 pm »

I've had along day out and need to take a nap to recharge, but Lenglon's role change was my doing. I am a Nightmare Weaver, a variant Dreamwalker, and three times per game I can give a player a one-shot monster action from a list of four. Any existing monster actions they have are removed and there's a vague comment about it changing the target's mafiakill ability if they are evil without explaining what exactly that means. This is also why I'm a little reticent to fling it around willy nilly because it could mean anything from "you're basically a weak flavorcop on top of everything" to "if you target the wrong person you could lose the town the game".

Last night I overwrote her existing monster abilities to give her a one-shot jailkeep. If she's actually aligned with the town she can still act to our benefit, but if she isn't then I may have just ripped away a dangerous ability from an anti-town player.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 102