Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47752 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #600 on: September 25, 2022, 01:52:29 pm »

Also, I used my bonus for speaking truthfully to ensure Max did not change alignment last night.
Are you still honoring your post restriction for Day 2?
The change I experienced last night removed that restriction apparently, but I'm currently still honoring it on the off-chance that it's a temporary change, because I do not like this new look. amongst other things, I can't ensure Max doesn't change alignment in following nights right now.

I appreciate the disclosure but do I need to lynch you and/or Maximum Spin?

Could it also be that the mafia killed Persus who is just an Evil third-party here?

I asked webadict what the Evil win condition was during D1. It's to equal or outnumber the remaining players, so all players with the Evil win condition are on the same time. It would be Evil on Evil friendly fire if that was the case. I guess it's technically possible but it would be a very oddly structured setup if that was the case.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 25, 2022, 01:55:42 pm »

Back by popular demand...

Spoiler: Day 1 Vote Tracker (click to show/hide)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 25, 2022, 01:55:59 pm »

Could it also be that the mafia killed Persus who is just an Evil third-party here?
I asked webadict what the Evil win condition was during D1. It's to equal or outnumber the remaining players, so all players with the Evil win condition are on the same time. It would be Evil on Evil friendly fire if that was the case. I guess it's technically possible but it would be a very oddly structured setup if that was the case.
That is good to know, thank you.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 25, 2022, 01:57:51 pm »

Jim: I am still a Neutral that can only win if Good wins. My role has changed, but not my alignment. Max is unchanged from yesterday. I don't have mechanical knowledge of what Max is, I only know that it didn't change from whatever it was before.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 25, 2022, 02:05:47 pm »

Back from D1 real quick:
Yeah, this looks like Mason Chat.

@Toony: Did you get stuck as Mason Chat liason again? That sucked when you had like 3 chats plus the forum going.
I'm not a mason. I'm also not in any group chats.

I performed an action last night, but it's not worth claiming right now.

I'm curious if anybody targeted me last night.

Looking at the Tric wagon I like Vector and Egan's votes the least.

I can't tell if 4mask is Good, but they responded to me questions well enough and I want to look at players I didn't focus on that were like Persus (who was Evil).

This includes Vector, Egan, Hector, and also NQT after Lenglon's claim. I still will keep note of 4mask.

Back by popular demand...

Spoiler: Day 1 Vote Tracker (click to show/hide)
On D1 Evil!Persus voted Tric, then Knightwing, then Hector.

I think this will be helpful.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 25, 2022, 02:41:46 pm »

FYI: I'm the person who restricted kills to Hector and Persus. I can't do it again.

I'm surprised that Tric was town; I guess the meta has changed since the last time I played here. I want to go back and do a reread to check interactions for Persus in a bit. Feeling quite a lot better today, at least for now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 25, 2022, 02:48:35 pm »

FYI: I'm the person who restricted kills to Hector and Persus. I can't do it again.
Thanks for claiming. I was going to ask who did that, but I forgot.

I think that whoever restricted it to Hector/Persus gets town points.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 25, 2022, 02:50:55 pm »

I was looking at the "confirmed" kills so far and they don't match.

N0 Webadict:
It was a gruesome sight.  The body was charred black, disintegrated to ashes, and as The Elder identifies the remains, They click Their tongue and make a protective motion.  And, on the Eve of the Burning Sun, too.

N1 Persus:
Persus13’s body looks more alien than the Persus13 you remember.  His features are longer, distorted as if stretched to fit someone taller and leaner.  You see that his belly has been cut open and several organs and what appear to be feathers and wings have been arranged–meticulously, you might add–in a circle around him in what appears to be some type of ritual sacrifice.

These don't look like the same kill methods to me.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 25, 2022, 02:53:35 pm »

4mask: your last-second vote on Vector looked to me like it was not being used as a vote, and instead was used to interact with your role. Would you like to claim what that was about or would it be better to keep it private right now?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 25, 2022, 03:14:16 pm »

I didn't touch Lenglon in any way. I roleblocked notquitethere. EuchreJack can hopefully confirm my action, which, incidentally, is pretty obviously towny.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 25, 2022, 03:17:27 pm »

that is interesting because:
claim: The role I was changed into was yet another Monster role

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 25, 2022, 03:22:32 pm »

By the way, the flavor looks to me like Persus13 HAD feathers and wings, not that he was killed by them.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #612 on: September 25, 2022, 04:16:37 pm »

I have no idea what an Archon is in the context of this game, but there are some clues about the possible sacrifice. A ritual could be sign of a cult kill:

Cult - 4/11 previous games

Cults can either be charismatic cults (i.e. what we usually mean by the term "cult" in mafia) but they can also be ritual killers and act like a regular mafia team with a kill power. Cultist have normal town roles as well, but depending which kind of cult, they'll also may have one of the following:

Charismatic Cultist - Converts people into the cult
Cult Leader - Appears as town on inspections

Or it could be like the magic brotherhood, and possibly related to the alleged evil witch (though the only source we have on that is Max). Necromancers and Dark Magus might also do things with sacrifices.

Could there be a neutral or good sacrifice? Quite possibly! As you can see form the OP, the setting of this game is inverted. In the backstory of this game, we (town) are all benign cultists:

“We are under attack.  An Evil force has infiltrated our midst.”  The Elder turned toward the remaining Cultists, moving Their gaze between those present.

So I wouldn't be surprised if a town vig kill would have a cult-like description.

Vector, good job, but why Hector and Persus?

Max, why did you lie yesterday when you said you were against lies?

4mask and EJ what was going on with your vote switches at the end of the day?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 25, 2022, 04:24:12 pm »

Claim: I got offered a Devil Deal.

I didn't touch Lenglon in any way. I roleblocked notquitethere. EuchreJack can hopefully confirm my action, which, incidentally, is pretty obviously towny.
Well, it's not Mafia, since on a certain night, it stops the Mafia Night Kill and reveals the Mafia's target.

So we Don't Lynch Max. We don't want another Tric fiasco.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 25, 2022, 04:26:07 pm »

I was looking at the "confirmed" kills so far and they don't match.

N0 Webadict:
It was a gruesome sight.  The body was charred black, disintegrated to ashes, and as The Elder identifies the remains, They click Their tongue and make a protective motion.  And, on the Eve of the Burning Sun, too.

N1 Persus:
Persus13’s body looks more alien than the Persus13 you remember.  His features are longer, distorted as if stretched to fit someone taller and leaner.  You see that his belly has been cut open and several organs and what appear to be feathers and wings have been arranged–meticulously, you might add–in a circle around him in what appears to be some type of ritual sacrifice.

These don't look like the same kill methods to me.

Yes, my role flavor implied that "webadict" was killed by the Burning Sun, or at least some similar method. Compare the flavor in the OP with the flavor for Tric's elimination.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 102