Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47241 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #465 on: September 23, 2022, 04:19:00 pm »

Like NQT perhaps?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 23, 2022, 04:21:37 pm »

I'm 85% sure that NQT isn't scum. I've been checking for secret messages since his first post and this is the exact NQT town meta.

Pretty sure about Jim, too, although I'm not quite as good at reading him.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 23, 2022, 04:27:05 pm »

@Vector: What "hard evidence" exists on 4mask?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 23, 2022, 04:29:23 pm »

I think NQT has been scum for at least one if not more games that I've moderated. Nobody suspects NQT early on.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 23, 2022, 04:49:58 pm »

I am home and I bring reads.

Day 1 Reads

Not Evil
Lenglon - really convincing claim right at day start

Good
Jack - Good = Green
Knightwing - literally posting on his phone during his high school class

Weak Good
Max - extremely self-destructive, I think this is actually normal for town!Max
Jim - probably the same level as Vector in reality, I don't like them chasing Jack or Max but maybe I'm the wrong one. I like that they agree with my points but that doesn't make them town. I want them around.
NQT - kind of shakey but I do want NQT to stick around

Maybe Good
Vector - I like that they agree with my points but that doesn't make them town.
Persus - has completely avoided the spotlight, I feel this was also true in Supernatural 10 and they were town in that (masons with NQT)
Egan - has some reads, don't really have a strong impression and don't really know what a town!Egan would do
Hector - hey vig can you shoot Lenglon? hint hint hint. Have been pretty weak otherwise but isn't exactly powerwolfing like they were as mafia recently.
Tric - they still upset me but I won't vote them, I think I'll give Jack the win here. I can't wait to inevitably be mad when Tric successfully protects the mafia on N2.

Evil
4mask - I don't believe their vote on Tric is genuine. Hasn't pressed a case on anybody else and just seems to want to avoid dying (like Max except they're not Max). I also remember them bring up support against Jim to affirm Jack's research into Jim's meta, which seems shady to me since they're making Jim look bad while not taking a firm stance. Straight up calls town cowards when his initial wagon dissolves which I find infuriating.

I'm willing to vote Egan, Hector, or 4mask the most. I don't really want to vote Persus since I like their posts and I also have low confidence in voting Egan or Hector. I probably wouldn't be torn up if Vector or Persus were on the chopping block.

PPE:
I like the new Vector posts. Maybe I would be torn up if Vector was on the chopping block.

More later.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 23, 2022, 04:59:08 pm »

Lenglon, Persus, and Hector, are you committed to keeping your votes where they are for EoD?
No, no I am not. However, I don't like the cases on either of the lynch leads. I think I've made my view of Max quite clear, and 4mask I don't want to vote because of their start of day actions. Either of these could also be overcome, if someone presented a reason to think Max is an SK instead of survivor for example, or if I found a case against 4mask convincing. But neither of these have surfaced as far as I can tell. Toony's case on 4mask seems dependent on Tric being scum, which I don't accept and if I did then I'd probsbly want to lynch Tric. You and Jim didn't present cases of your own as far as I could tell, instead you both seem to be saying you find Toony's case compelling. And nobody at all has presented a reason to think Max is an SK that I noticed. So my vote is currently independent of either current lynch lead, instead on the person I personally find most suspicious. I am aware that others are unconvinced by my case, and at EoD if it looks like it might tie between Max and someone I consider town then I'll probably vote the 3p to avoid a Good person being lynched. But that is my current view of things.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 23, 2022, 05:01:36 pm »

Lenglon, Persus, and Hector, are you committed to keeping your votes where they are for EoD?
Unless someone tries to tie up the vote at day end, I'll probably stick with my vote. I'm not convinced Max is scum, but I think his flip gives us a lot of info still, same if 4maskwolf or NQT winds up overtaking him. Hector's response to my post was a decent response, but not enough to make me unvote and make me not want to see his flip.

As fer 4mask, it was this post I was referring to with the sheeping thing. He also seems to have spent a lot of time reading games other than this one to get a handle on Tric, which is an awful lot of effort for very little payoff (the possibility of solving one slot on D1 in a 13 player game). I could argue that makes it look like he’s making an effort when he really isn’t, but I’d rather have a Max elimination at this time.

Lenglon favouring NQT over 4mask also raised a point against 4mask, namely that 4mask hasn’t voted after 2 early RVS efforts, and a vote on Tric two posts after the one I linked, at that point based on sheeping and a bizarro scumtell in the post between the vote and the linked one. I’m used to seeing 4mask throw his vote around like it’s going out of fashion. I will concede I’ve not played a game with him for a while, but it doesn’t sit well.

Continuing on from something I said earlier, that the town’s weapon against hostile parties is voting them out, obviously that means a townie’s vote is important. Max thus delegating his vote to someone else does not reflect well on him, and 4mask parking their vote on Tric for sheepy/bizarre reasons while they go out of thread to figure them out is also a bit of a weird one.
Reading other games can be fun, not just to get a handle on someone.

I'm glad you substantiated your case a bit more,  but this still feels like you're pointing out things other noticed first.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 23, 2022, 05:10:32 pm »

@Lenglon: Actually, with my voting NQT, your wagon is tied for second place, although Max will jump to whatever saves him.

@Persus13: I'm buying the suspicion on hector13, but apparently nobody else. I think NQT is the better vote. What do you think, hector13 vs. not NQT?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 23, 2022, 05:13:42 pm »

It's late in NQT-time, so can't have full in depth read back... but obviously I am happy Max lynch looks a go. But what I don't like here is:

Like Persus and 4mask are either scum or incompetent or in the wrong time zone or something.... I hope to resolve this D2.

4mask
NQT: I was reading through Supernatural 10 at the time and it felt like you were a lot more involved in the scumhunting side in that game then you were in this game. Like, you did mechanics stuff because you're, y'know, you, but it felt like you came into this game swinging trying to figure out mechanics stuff moreso than that game (despite the fact that two people immediately soft roleclaimed in that game).
Big difference is that I came into this game knowing that I'd already done a lot of heavy lifting in Supernatural 10 that I could draw on. I've not been all-out mechanics focus, but laying out some of the mechanical possibilities is important to me as I know I had that info on hand, so why not share it Day 1?

I don't get Max's roleclaim. If it's true Max literally claimed the most damning part of their role rather than the parts of their role that might exonerate them in our eyes. "Ayy lmao I can get converted by the wolves/third party" isn't a ringing endorsement of leaving you alive.
Makes zero sense from a town perspective, yeah.

So... you hoping for a last second switch to Tric or...?

Persus... I know it's old school Bay 12 play to make useless votes and let scum win, but do you really expect a last second Hector push? Come on.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 23, 2022, 05:15:55 pm »

Like NQT perhaps?
I don't get the beef. This is like my meta read on Toony, I've been burned too many times with him, I can't trust him even when he's objectively not that bad. I'm not the one, and you know it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 23, 2022, 05:22:42 pm »

Persus... I know it's old school Bay 12 play to make useless votes and let scum win, but do you really expect a last second Hector push? Come on.
Lol, deal with it. Stranger things have happened.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 23, 2022, 05:25:10 pm »

That one post of Toony's that I pulled was excellent. Combine with 4mask's lack of self-defense . . . that's a very compelling D1 pick.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 23, 2022, 05:26:13 pm »

Like NQT perhaps?
I don't get the beef. This is like my meta read on Toony, I've been burned too many times with him, I can't trust him even when he's objectively not that bad. I'm not the one, and you know it.
Good point unvote

I'm just not buying the Max lynch, and worried that I'm being sold the 4mask lynch.
I don't really have the time to research hector13.

I mean, I know quite a few players that are town:
TricMagic
Egan_BW
Knightwing64
Lenglon (well, town adjacent)

Some are probably town:
ToonyMan
Persus13
Vector
Max
4mask...seriously, am I the ONLY one that read 5head's Champs Game?

But I really don't know about the rest. And they're not really viable lynch candidates.

So fuck it, joining Persus in voting hector13

That one post of Toony's that I pulled was excellent. Combine with 4mask's lack of self-defense . . . that's a very compelling D1 pick.
nah, 4mask doesn't dive under the scumbus

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 23, 2022, 05:27:05 pm »

Real quick one.

4mask did make a post which I wish to respond to now that I'm more free, but yeah.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 23, 2022, 05:29:04 pm »

@Persus

I’m later to comment on events in the game than most, sure, ‘cause of the coasting, and I’m working with the same information that everyone else is, so it shouldn’t really be that surprising I’m drawing the same conclusions as other players.

I don’t really know what you’re expecting me to do. If I don’t have anything novel to say should I just be silent and/or not vote?

@Vector

My preference would be for a Max elimination, but I’m not averse to a 4mask one either, as I would hope my recent posts have made clear.

Jim made a summary of Max’s play (that I’ll link in a different post ‘cause of a current distraction) that adequately describes a significant portion of why I like Max as scum, Max has dropped quite a few votes today which is absolutely not something he tends to do, and he delegated his vote to Jim, even though he at one point suggested to Jim he didn’t trust him, plus trying to keep himself off the block shifting to voting NQT, who I currently read as town.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 102