Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47328 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #390 on: September 22, 2022, 10:21:04 pm »

Uh, how many 13 player games have been on these forums in recent history?

I think things are quite calm and organized, when you consider how many players are in this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 22, 2022, 10:23:13 pm »

There’s still usually a consensus around who should be eliminated. We got to 4 votes in 4mask, but I think two of those were speculative to see how other people would respond.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 22, 2022, 10:28:31 pm »

Unvote because I don't think EuchreJack is scum.

This is how you fill out your vote: NQT
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
okay, I'm currently (metaphorically) suffering whiplash from how fast my read of Jack is shifting.
It's shifting hard and fast enough that I'm about to bandwagon NQT, when only a few hours ago Jack was my preferred lynch.

NQT: the argument that sold me on voting you is one of fake activity. I admit to just being a follower on it, but I figured I should also say what part of the argument was convincing to me.
I feel like voting again will probably backfire again somehow, but I also want to win, which means I want to lynch scum, and I think this is the right way to do it, so. notquitethere.

I want to get off webadict's wild ride.

Jacks making point, no NQT charts.

Sadly, don't really see it right now. Any comments on me EuchreJack?
You're town. Stop wasting my time.

What the fuck parallel universe did I enter

also the second coming of Dariush.

He was pure vitriol in virtually every situation, but, man, I miss him.

Unrelatedly it's kinda stupid that I can get townread by half the players by showing up and being rude. I guess it's consistent enough?

You set the bar you get judged against.

Knightwing: You voted 4maskwolf in the first post of the game, how do you feel about your vote on 4maskwolf now?

Knightwing64 is town and I'm willing to die on that.

Cowards.

Somehow the moment a real wagon was forming on me everyone found somewhere else to be.

Is this an invitation to solve your slot by lynching you? I'm perfectly happy to do this because otherwise I'd have great difficulty solving your slot.

Left to my own devices I might never suspect you.

All right, I'm going to level with you.

I'm just really bored and haven't slept since... I don't actually remember when, so I thought it would be funny to pretend to take your comment personally.

Then it kind of got out of hand.

You're not usually a goofball.

Are you talking about your case here:
That wasn't a "case", that was a "vote", with "some words attached". I wanted to see if notquitethere was pinging anyone else the way he was me, and it seemed like he wasn't, so I didn't push it at the time since I had other people to worry about too.
Making an exploratory d1 vote without explaining it is what I almost always do. It's probably NAI rather than townie because I think I've done it as scum, but it shouldn't strike you as surprising at all.

You asshole, I ask you about shit and apparently you lie about it.

'oh i was just messing with notquitethere'
'oh well actually i was testing the waters to see how other people feel about notquitethere'

I should vote you and throw Lynch All Liars in your face.

I think we have different definitions of an exploratory vote.
My vote was absolutely serious. I just didn't give a reason. I hardly ever give a reason. I was interested in seeing how other people would react to the vote, which I placed on the target I genuinely wanted to vote for. I do not think this is hard to understand. I intentionally misleadingly implied that my reason for voting was something silly by juxtaposing my serious vote with an offhand comment, which is something I often do d1 and have done many times before. I feel like I have said at least infinity times "my votes are always serious, especially when it looks like they aren't".

Seriously you asshole, this is exactly what I asked you about early on in Day 1.

Fuck, apparently I shouldn't bother interacting with you at all because you're just going to waste my time with randomly duplicitous bullshit.

Thanks for owning up to it I guess.

I'd say take it slow and make points you see.. But uh.. I still think you're scum with jack/toony. Nothing has really change on that front.
And I think you're scum with 4mask and 4mask is trying to distance from you after you fucked up.

Earlier in the day you were saying the opposite:

I like voting Tric or 4mask but I don't think both are scum at this point.

I think Tric has been bad but I don't like 4mask suddenly being enlightened and talking like its his own reasons in his Tric case post. I also don't like Max being like "yeah I support this lynch".

I like voting 4mask here because both of my top town reads are voting 4mask even if Knightwing has been sitting on the 4mask vote since game start without explaining anything.
I guess I can't really see Tric as scum with other players.

What happened?

Why Tric and 4mask are suspicious:

The rest of this post is actually very convincing.

ToonyMan's post about TricMagic and 4maskwolf is pretty convincing so I think I'm okay testing between those two.

Maximum Spin has made me angry with how he's been playing so I think I'm okay testing him as well.

I'd like to see more of Persus13. I like what I see when he posts well enough but I also feel like his engagement feels low and it could be higher. It feels like old school active lurking scum play.

notquitethere feels a bit better looking at him today than how I felt about him yesterday.

Everyone else I'm feeling okay about and don't really want to spend the time developing reads for.

How should I vote to raise the stakes? Let's go 4maskwolf.

Uh, how many 13 player games have been on these forums in recent history?

I think things are quite calm and organized, when you consider how many players are in this.

Yeah, this is nothing. Wait until tomorrow with an hour to go before the deadline. That's when the real fun begins.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 22, 2022, 10:47:03 pm »

I mean… that just sounds like a regular scum team but with witch flavour so… it shouldn’t need any special consideration or anything like that :p
Oh, I was thinking maybe only one of them is scum, so the other witches THINK they are all town and try to defend each other. It was just a wild speculation though.
The thing about what you’re seeming to suggest above is that lynching a strong player would be beneficial to town, which seems a bit backward.
... lynching a strong scum player would be beneficial to town, yes. Those are the most dangerous ones, you know. Also, if you were in a position with no better leads, lynching the person everyone else has the hardest time reading would be a sound first move, which I think I implied at some point this game.

D’you mind giving me a summary on why you think NQT is scum? I don’t remember you saying why
I haven't. I'm not good at putting this sort of thing into words but, basically, he reminds me of how he acted in Armed Forces Mafia: just kind of there, letting town attack each other, trying to look like he's cheering on town real hard without committing to anything. Considering how well that worked then, I would prefer not to let that happen again.

Fuck, apparently I shouldn't bother interacting with you at all because you're just going to waste my time with randomly duplicitous bullshit.
Yoooooou know I have no reason not to think you might be scum, right? Why would I want you to know everything I'm thinking?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 22, 2022, 10:55:37 pm »

I need to go to bed so I can't address everything right now. I'm posting from phone so it's hard for me to quote.

1. I made an inconsistent statement about 4mask earlier where I said I didn't like them using other people's views as their own to vote Tric. That isn't true I must have misremembered then. Reply #275.
2. I've been flipflopping on Tric because I couldn't see him as being mafia with anyone, which I want to attribute to 4mask's play.
3. Tric has called me Evil every time I get aggressive with 4mask and accuse 4mask. It's happened twice now. Reply #330 #379. Even 4mask has mentioned it.
4. Here is my favourite part. I was confused why Tric was still going after Jack and not trying to save himself more by making up a reason to vote 4mask back when Tric and 4mask were leading wagons, this could very well be because Tric does not want to vote 4mask. Reply #274.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 22, 2022, 11:21:02 pm »

Yoooooou know I have no reason not to think you might be scum, right? Why would I want you to know everything I'm thinking?
Wow, does this ring of Town!Max. It's either expert coaching (maybe by Jim Distance?), or town!Max.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 22, 2022, 11:21:50 pm »

Ok, maybe Max could be that self-aware...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 22, 2022, 11:25:36 pm »

Is this the paranoia we’ve been waiting for? :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 22, 2022, 11:27:18 pm »

Is this the paranoia we’ve been waiting for? :p
I have been holding it back, yeah.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 22, 2022, 11:28:42 pm »

I don't care what you want out of the interaction, I only care about what I want.

If you're town, then wtf why are you concealing your genuine suspicion????????????????

wtf seriously wtf
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 22, 2022, 11:43:40 pm »

I need to go to bed so I can't address everything right now. I'm posting from phone so it's hard for me to quote.

1. I made an inconsistent statement about 4mask earlier where I said I didn't like them using other people's views as their own to vote Tric. That isn't true I must have misremembered then. Reply #275.
2. I've been flipflopping on Tric because I couldn't see him as being mafia with anyone, which I want to attribute to 4mask's play.
3. Tric has called me Evil every time I get aggressive with 4mask and accuse 4mask. It's happened twice now. Reply #330 #379. Even 4mask has mentioned it.
4. Here is my favourite part. I was confused why Tric was still going after Jack and not trying to save himself more by making up a reason to vote 4mask back when Tric and 4mask were leading wagons, this could very well be because Tric does not want to vote 4mask. Reply #274.

This is a quality post. I'm willing to commit to 4mask and/or Tric based on this reasoning (prefer 4mask).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 22, 2022, 11:49:48 pm »

I don't care what you want out of the interaction, I only care about what I want.

If you're town, then wtf why are you concealing your genuine suspicion????????????????

wtf seriously wtf
Because it's not that strong, and at the time, I decided to exercise discretion and try to look into other targets about which I might be able to say something stronger.

Ultimately, I didn't find any. I only think that Tric, Jack, and Knightwing are probably town. Admittedly, you're coming off as town here too.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 22, 2022, 11:57:02 pm »

I'm thinking Toony & Vector could be a scum team, but do I suspect one or both of them more than NQT?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 23, 2022, 01:46:57 am »

Lenglon

Is Lenglon poking Mad about voting NQT while she is also voting NQT? Oooookaaaay…

Max voting NQT is not making me feel good about Max, tying up the votes if I’m correct on that front. He mentioned wanting to eliminate them earlier in this post, based on the fact he doesn’t know much about NQT (as well as 4mask and Persus) but… that feels like a very crappy reason to eliminate someone, particularly combined with him suggesting the best one to get rid of would be the one that’s interacted with the most players, which… maybe that would make an informative elimination, but it’s based on something I think is more likely to be a town thing, so I don’t like it.

PPE: couple of posts to read while I was looking for Max’s post
It's because I think Max is 3p, and I believe they're simply hopping on the most likely to cause not-Max to be the lynch bandwagon. I don't actually want Max lynched today, but I don't think Max is town. So when I see Max doing non-town things I am attempting to highlight it for people to see.

I don't mind Max voting NQT, just don't like Max's reasons for doing it.

What do you think the role distribution is like? If I remember right, you’re claiming town-ally that doesn’t count as town for the Evil wincon, you think Max is TP, Max has claimed there’s an evil witch in the game, which seems oddly specific when juxtaposed versus 4mask’s claim of doing something if he targets someone in the wolf team, by which I assume he means someone Evil, so would it be fair to say 2 TP (you and Max) maybe a witch SK and 2 scum? Or is the witch coven just the scum team, which (to me) possibly doesn’t make sense when you and Max have claimed monster tags for your actions, and 4mask’s claim I referred to earlier has to do with monsters, if I recall correctly.

That got away from me, little bit more feisty than I mean it, but it’s late and I can’t be bothered cleaning it up, sorry heh.

So, uh… yeah. What do you think the role distribution is?
If I had to take a wild guess here and now? I'd guess three witches, one good one neutral one evil, some kind of witch hunter that wants to find witches instead of evils, some kind of non-monster SK, and three monster-themed mafia. I think from Web's perspective and game balance I was treated as a town miller instead of as a 3p. But it's a D1 in a 13 player Web game, I don't think speculating on the setup composition is going to be productive, and I'm unconcerned with it when I'm attempting to figure people out right now. I'll probably be more interested in this topic on later days, just not now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 23, 2022, 05:13:03 am »

Catching up again. Just going to post as I come to things rather than make one big post that gets ninja'd 10 times.

--

KW is going to be expelled for being too engaged in the game:

Oof, this took longer then I thought. Imma hop off before I get yelled out

No way this is scum-KW.

4maskwolf
NQT in general is more focused on 3P and role hunting than I'm used to even from supernatural games this game I'm not comfortable with it.
Do you want to unpack this claim? When did I rolehunt? There's certainly malicious 3rd parties, so of course I'm going to mention the possibility. But I still want to hit scum today.

Unrelatedly it's kinda stupid that I can get townread by half the players by showing up and being rude. I guess it's consistent enough?
I've not gone a certain run of games being town and my run of scum before that was all pretty nonstandard stuff so I dunno what my play as Evil would be here either.
Astute point. This is a good start on giving your thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 102