Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47345 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #375 on: September 22, 2022, 08:29:24 pm »

I also believe that Max is acting as his scumself. I think I'd characterize it as being ornery. Sure he's usually antisocial but there's a certain kind of antisocial here.
I find it odd with Max's previous outburst that they would vote anybody after being goaded by Jim.

I feel mafia!Max wouldn't be so anti-town, so...it's a towntell. I actually scumread Max in Proc Gen 4 for being extremely selfless on D1 of that game. Later I read in the scumchat that Max himself thought that statement made him very townie, and was amused that I scumread them for it.

I don't believe Max acts extremely selfishly here as mafia, which is what he's been doing in this game.
I take issue with your describing it as selfish.
I'm town and I want to win with the rest of town, so I don't think I'm being anti-town at all. If I did, I would stop. I do, though, have basically zero confidence in anyone else's scumreads. I guess I'd say that I tend to approach any game where I'm town with the assumption that everyone else will make bad choices. This isn't because I specifically think you are bad at the game, it's just the obvious neutral default to me: everyone else certainly might make bad choices, so it seems better for me to plan for that than to assume everyone will make good choices and very probably be disappointed at least once.
I was going to write more but then I saw more posts. So I'm just going to move on to those. My wounded amor propre is not the important thing here.

Egan, I don't think your idea about how I play as scum is remotely accurate. Please tell me how any of it applies to the last game in which I was scum playing normally.

I didn't read that game, and I'm not gonna do it now. This is how you played in BBYOR 2.
That was literally the game in which I did the best job acting like my real townself that I have ever done.

Max: Your exploratory D1 vote did not surprise me or even seem noteworthy. What is noteworthy to me is your new take on it, which I quoted at the top of my post.
What, now you're all moving on NQT when nobody would vote for him when I did before.
See, as you just said, your vote on him before was an "exploratory d1 vote" - so why are you saying this?
NQT has been one of the players I trust least so far this game, and the one whose flip I most want to see.
Then where is the case or the serious vote? All I could find was an "exploratory d1 vote"
I think he could absolutely be scum, and, if I'm wrong, I think it would be informative to find out. I didn't want to move my vote off him before, but nobody was going for it then. :(
Then where was your case? This entire take just doesn't match with what you were saying and doing.
I feel like voting again will probably backfire again somehow, but I also want to win, which means I want to lynch scum, and I think this is the right way to do it, so. notquitethere.
This does not seem believable to me.
I think we have different definitions of an exploratory vote.
My vote was absolutely serious. I just didn't give a reason. I hardly ever give a reason. I was interested in seeing how other people would react to the vote, which I placed on the target I genuinely wanted to vote for. I do not think this is hard to understand. I intentionally misleadingly implied that my reason for voting was something silly by juxtaposing my serious vote with an offhand comment, which is something I often do d1 and have done many times before. I feel like I have said at least infinity times "my votes are always serious, especially when it looks like they aren't".

I also don't really care what you find believable.

I think I'm cool with this tie. The only reason mafia would choose to lynch easy scapegoat me over NQT is if NQT actually is scum, so it should be obvious what to do tomorrow. Long ToonyMan post, not reading it yet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 22, 2022, 08:33:38 pm »

Is Lenglon poking Mad about voting NQT while she is also voting NQT? Oooookaaaay…

Max voting NQT is not making me feel good about Max, tying up the votes if I’m correct on that front. He mentioned wanting to eliminate them earlier in this post, based on the fact he doesn’t know much about NQT (as well as 4mask and Persus) but… that feels like a very crappy reason to eliminate someone, particularly combined with him suggesting the best one to get rid of would be the one that’s interacted with the most players, which… maybe that would make an informative elimination, but it’s based on something I think is more likely to be a town thing, so I don’t like it.

PPE: couple of posts to read while I was looking for Max’s post
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 22, 2022, 08:40:07 pm »

Is Lenglon poking Mad about voting NQT while she is also voting NQT? Oooookaaaay…

Max voting NQT is not making me feel good about Max, tying up the votes if I’m correct on that front. He mentioned wanting to eliminate them earlier in this post, based on the fact he doesn’t know much about NQT (as well as 4mask and Persus) but… that feels like a very crappy reason to eliminate someone, particularly combined with him suggesting the best one to get rid of would be the one that’s interacted with the most players, which… maybe that would make an informative elimination, but it’s based on something I think is more likely to be a town thing, so I don’t like it.

I don't think that interacting with people is more likely to be a town thing in the case of strong players. It's easy to interact with people to look town. We just did it ourselves two games ago. But what I really mean isn't "interacted with the most players" exactly, but "has mutual entanglement with the most players so that the flip tells you something about them". Which I think is certainly true of NQT.
I also, to be clear, think there's a good chance NQT may actually be scum. I am even starting to think that NQT could be part of a witch coven that are trying to bat for each other subtly, and since I already think that there is a member of a witch coven who is secretly evil...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 22, 2022, 08:43:00 pm »

It's because I think Max is 3p, and I believe they're simply hopping on the most likely to cause not-Max to be the lynch bandwagon. I don't actually want Max lynched today, but I don't think Max is town. So when I see Max doing non-town things I am attempting to highlight it for people to see.

I don't mind Max voting NQT, just don't like Max's reasons for doing it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 22, 2022, 08:43:44 pm »

To Toony, am I allowed to self-vote? Cause that post you made is extremely scummy if I'm TownTric.

Well, it's also good proof you're not looking to kill me at night, so... I happen to be the Warden, and you happen to be Evil Toony.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 22, 2022, 08:46:29 pm »

To Toony, am I allowed to self-vote? Cause that post you made is extremely scummy if I'm TownTric.

Well, it's also good proof you're not looking to kill me at night, so... I happen to be the Warden, and you happen to be Evil Toony.
Lenglon giggles and quietly hums "my role my role my special role"

Tric: Do you have anything to add or follow-up to this claim?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 22, 2022, 08:51:01 pm »

Lenglon giggles and quietly hums "my role my role my special role"

Tric: Do you have anything to add or follow-up to this claim?

Alternate Plan: You both STFU as you are both looking Not Evil and have maximized the WIFOM.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 22, 2022, 08:52:24 pm »

Like, seriously dudes. You don't need to prove that you're Valuable Roles by dying tonight...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 22, 2022, 08:53:21 pm »

valid argument, though I believe every single player is a Valuable Role in a Web game.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 22, 2022, 09:08:20 pm »

Toony.

If Tricmagic is my wolf buddy who on earth would give me a good case on him lol.

I know Tric is the hat man because I played in that game lol. It was so memetic that literally the last game played was based on it. At the time I was rereading Supernatural 10 (which I note later to Lenglon) to try and get a read on someone else and also saw that Tric open claimed in his first post that game too (I'd remembered he'd claimed awkwardly but I didn't remember it was so damn early).

My case on him was influenced by other people's firmer belief that this odd behavior was wolf-indicative.

Also like... I'm allowed to do research and come to a different conclusion after saying I have no opinion. I said I had no opinion because I didn't, thought on it some and did some research, and came to a conclusion in real time.

If Tric is indeed a wolf I'm fairly happy to be eliminated D2 because I genuinely can't tell whether I'll help or harm the town if I accidentally target a wolf with my role, and I do acknowledge that the downright fucking bizarre way Tric has played around my slot seems teamed, but I have literally no idea what Tric was doing. I'd argue that if I was wolfing with Tric, that little stunt of copying my starting post like that would have annoyed me enough that I'd remember it and wouldn't have to be reminded of it by Tric himself, but YMMV.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 22, 2022, 09:15:32 pm »

Nah man, Tric is town, and Toony is suspicious for saying otherwise.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 22, 2022, 09:32:24 pm »

I was going to post today, but the vote roulette and the webs of people clearing each other is baffling enough and I'm tired enough that I think I'm just going to sleep instead. I'll try and get a post in tomorrow morning and be around for day end.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 22, 2022, 09:38:24 pm »

Nah man, Tric is town, and Toony is suspicious for saying otherwise.
+1
Bwah ha ha!

But seriously, I originally was suspicious of Max for joining my NQT vote so quickly, but Max is looking better.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 22, 2022, 09:45:18 pm »

But seriously, I originally was suspicious of Max for joining my NQT vote so quickly, but Max is looking better.
I don't blame you. I know I'm getting frustrated with the relative lack of forward movement and it's making me too impulsive. I really am town, though. I'd rather admit to questionable judgement than let people think I'm reacting to things I'm not.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 22, 2022, 10:00:32 pm »

Lenglon

It's because I think Max is 3p, and I believe they're simply hopping on the most likely to cause not-Max to be the lynch bandwagon. I don't actually want Max lynched today, but I don't think Max is town. So when I see Max doing non-town things I am attempting to highlight it for people to see.

I don't mind Max voting NQT, just don't like Max's reasons for doing it.

What do you think the role distribution is like? If I remember right, you’re claiming town-ally that doesn’t count as town for the Evil wincon, you think Max is TP, Max has claimed there’s an evil witch in the game, which seems oddly specific when juxtaposed versus 4mask’s claim of doing something if he targets someone in the wolf team, by which I assume he means someone Evil, so would it be fair to say 2 TP (you and Max) maybe a witch SK and 2 scum? Or is the witch coven just the scum team, which (to me) possibly doesn’t make sense when you and Max have claimed monster tags for your actions, and 4mask’s claim I referred to earlier has to do with monsters, if I recall correctly.

That got away from me, little bit more feisty than I mean it, but it’s late and I can’t be bothered cleaning it up, sorry heh.

So, uh… yeah. What do you think the role distribution is?

MaxSpin

I don't think that interacting with people is more likely to be a town thing in the case of strong players. It's easy to interact with people to look town. We just did it ourselves two games ago. But what I really mean isn't "interacted with the most players" exactly, but "has mutual entanglement with the most players so that the flip tells you something about them". Which I think is certainly true of NQT.
I also, to be clear, think there's a good chance NQT may actually be scum. I am even starting to think that NQT could be part of a witch coven that are trying to bat for each other subtly, and since I already think that there is a member of a witch coven who is secretly evil...

I mean… that just sounds like a regular scum team but with witch flavour so… it shouldn’t need any special consideration or anything like that :p

The thing about what you’re seeming to suggest above is that lynching a strong player would be beneficial to town, which seems a bit backward.

D’you mind giving me a summary on why you think NQT is scum? I don’t remember you saying why, but I’ve been getting distracted by various things as I’ve been reading and posting so I may have missed it, and I don’t want to trawl through the thread looking for it because I’ll inevitably get distracted again as that’s my life now.

As an aside. I don’t really recall ever seeing such a chaotic D1 with what seems like everyone suspecting so many different people and voting in so many different ways so yeah… don’t blame ya Persus.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 102