Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47418 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #300 on: September 22, 2022, 11:36:33 am »

Let's go with EuchreJack. I'm not convinced he didn't just entirely make up his gelling read on Maximum Spin so that he could town read him.
Let me convince you: Jack is town.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 22, 2022, 11:38:14 am »

Max being anti-social and uncharismatic isn't anything new.
You don't get to comment after you decided to up and go MGTOW on me last time.

TMGHOW.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 22, 2022, 11:38:50 am »

I think Jack is incredibly readable, but look, if this is something we're just going to have to push past, I'll vote him if you want, okay? At some point you people are going to have to accept that I'll vote for anyone because I am not on a scumteam. :P
Look, Jack isn't my top pick for a lynch, but certainly, if he flips, I will know things about the other players tomorrow that I did not know today.
I never go into a d1 lynch expecting to lynch scum, because that rarely happens. I go into a d1 lynch hoping to find out who scum are and aren't so the d2 lynch is better informed.

By your argument, I have "played survivor play" d1 in every single game where I wasn't scum, except for the like two times I twigged Knightwing right away.

Frankly, I think you know better than this.

If you had said nothing at all about me going after EuchreJack over his gelling read I would have thought nothing of it since that's what I would have expected, since Jack can be Jack sometimes and his weird reads can but don't necessarily imply anything about you.

But you're making me wonder with the way you're inserting yourself into this, which you have done twice now.

But Jim, you brought it up twice!

Yeah but Jack hasn't answered me yet.

(Here's a hint: Nobody was voting me or even threatening to vote me, so why would I need to vote someone so I'm not voted? I wasn't even being serious about saying it was "something we're just going to have to push past", hence the :P. I just wanted to tease Jim for repeating Tric's line.)

hissssssssssssss I was first hissssssssssssssssssssss

Let's go with EuchreJack. I'm not convinced he didn't just entirely make up his gelling read on Maximum Spin so that he could town read him.
Let me convince you: Jack is town.

Maybe, but I really want to see how EuchreJack responds to me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 22, 2022, 11:41:20 am »

But you're making me wonder with the way you're inserting yourself into this, which you have done twice now.
All right, I'm going to level with you.

I'm just really bored and haven't slept since... I don't actually remember when, so I thought it would be funny to pretend to take your comment personally.

Then it kind of got out of hand.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 22, 2022, 11:42:24 am »

TMGHOW.
I don't know what that means, but if you mean completely blowing you off in Hat Mafia and doing my own thing that's entirely my fault and not how I should be treating scumbuddies.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 22, 2022, 11:44:36 am »

TMGHOW.
I don't know what that means, but if you mean completely blowing you off in Hat Mafia and doing my own thing that's entirely my fault and not how I should be treating scumbuddies.
You don't know Men Going Their Own Way? It was like the precursor of "incels". It doesn't really have anything else to do with anything except the pun. Yeah, that's the game I meant.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 22, 2022, 11:45:06 am »

Here's a reads list, roughly from town to scum.

Jim - effortful attempt to engage with the game (probably not a demon?). Some insightful reflections on player style. Good so far.

EuchreJack - takes the same approach I do with Lenglon's claim, but Lenglon doesn't find it suspicious. Joke votes Tric. Bit light weight to begin with but really builds up. I don't get the EJ hate.

Knightwing- I actually like his honest and unflustered responses, and this act of clarity-seeking is very pro-town. Scum!KW begged and blackmailed and squirmed. Not a priority to clear.

Vector - comes in fighting with a read and some actual questions, but haven't seen much of them. Absolutely fair if they're unwell, it's not as serious but I'm struggling through a cold myself.

Lenglon- apparently a town-ally, but also the second coming of Dariush. Getting a bit aggro is a null tell, I really could have annoyed townally!Lenglon, but it could be performative.

Persus13 - don't like his opening post, very softball. Will he build up? Some pokes at KW, but really not anything good here to go with.

TricMagic - Didn't post for ages and then when he did, immediately became suspected by a third of the game. Has some incoherent takes and isn't being role mad, but also a classic easy launch. I'm in two minds.

Max - Comes straight in with some clarifying info. I missed the part about the possibility of an evil witch. Had a very weak vote on me, and had some weird interactions with KW. I'm not convinced yet.

Hector - also picks up on Lenglon's caginess. But that's it. In first two posts , only engages with the person whose claimed town-ally. Alarm bells. Then pivots to a bandwagon. Good prod on Toony, but not followed up with violence.

Toony- backs Lenglon's claim. Beautiful powerwolf move if they're both on a team, but I'm reaching here. Encourages Tric not to fullclaim, and co-signs my position that town should be prepared to lie, so points for that. But his entire presence in the game is passive commentary. Where's the bite? Playing it very safe. I've said that before about town-Toony though, so hmm.

Egan_BW - Comes in late and doesn't want to do any reading. Maybe null in itself, but hardly done anything substantial since then. I'm giving 50/50 odds that Egan is a demon or similar.

4mask - Interesting claim about scum team composition that he's decided not to elaborate on from the start. Moreover, the same criticism about safe play also apply to 4mask. He's like Toony here: a decent player who I know can fool me, so I have to be more critical. Is he 100% scum? No, I'm not quite there on judging that. But I do want to see how the votes spread out...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 22, 2022, 11:48:53 am »

-snip-
EuchreJack - takes the same approach I do with Lenglon's claim, but Lenglon doesn't find it suspicious. -snip-
What.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 22, 2022, 11:59:29 am »

Jeez. That’s a lot. I’m just going to skim it.

Knightwing from the future here, it seems like I’m being suspected by Max and Persus? Being on my phone in class is stressful, so I’m just going to say this.

You’re wrong.

Persus, You said why I voted 4Mask? I don’t remember. But I don’t trust them, and I have a bad feeling about them. But I’m quickly getting suspicious of Max.

Max? I don’t even know why you voted me. But, you have been voting and quickly jumping from votes to votes a lot, case in point, you voted Jack and then got rid of your vote 3 posts later.

Why would you even vote if you were going to give up that fast? That kinda lowers your trustability in my eyes.

Oof, this took longer then I thought. Imma hop off before I get yelled out

Maximum Spin

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 22, 2022, 12:01:24 pm »

NQT you're really caught up on me supposedly not elaborating on something about the scumteam but I'm not sure exactly what you want me to elaborate on.

I've provided all the information I have in my role: my role has an effect on monster actions, and an additional effect I'm not fully privy to if I target a member of the scumteam.

Toonyman claiming that I'm claiming that I came up with my read on Tric on my own when I clearly state in every post on the matter that people who know Tric better are saying he's wolf because XYZ, I can see it, so I'm sheeping them is interesting in italics.

NQT in general is more focused on 3P and role hunting than I'm used to even from supernatural games this game I'm not comfortable with it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 22, 2022, 12:06:51 pm »

Knightwing: wait until you're out of class. You are not being targeted, nobody is voting you. Come back when you have time to read in full and can think calmly about it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 22, 2022, 12:08:35 pm »

Jim and Toonyman: I currently feel like Jack is the most likely to be scum here, but also think I am not being objective or fair in my evaluation. I would appreciate it if you could explain your reads of Jack in particular so I can compare your reasoning to my own and see if I need to adjust my attitude.

Let me get back to you when EuchreJack answers my question about his read on Maximum Spin.

Jack and I get along pretty well, actually. Like in that last Fallacy's Marathon where we were neighbors. I mean, we lost horribly, but we GOT ALONG.

I'm likeable, okay. I know it's hard to believe.

But since when have you been gelling?
Posting from phone and not caught up yet, but wanted to answer this.
Fallacy's MVM 3 tournament is what I was referring, in which there was No Jim.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=178730.0

Now Jim can continue.

Also, looks like I got some useful info from voting 4mask, and Knightwing64 changed his vote, so Unvote until I have time to read and analyze everything.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 22, 2022, 12:10:18 pm »

I find it more particularly odd about Vector because they were scum with the rare mafia!Jack in MVM3 R1. I could maybe give them the benefit of the doubt because they haven't played in awhile.

On a reread I kind of agree more with Jim's suspicion of Max, but not Hector.

Tric could maybe be town. I dislike their clamminess and they haven't been crazy enough, but I've gotten town!Tric lynched before by accident.

PPE:
I'd eat my foot if Jack is Evil.
Okay? um, the important part is why tho? I want to compare your reasons to mine, and... I don't think I have anything to compare to from this.
Hi my name is Jack and I'm a goblin marauder that gets +2/+2 with haste. Hey did you know that Good is Green? I think Knightwing shouldn't fully always trust Toony. Here's exactly how I'm feeling right now did you want to know that because I think you should know that. My opinion on players changes all of the time also I'm going to vote this random player now because I feel like it by the way do you like my new sweater it was knitted by my new best friend Max yes I'm officially friends with the guy I've never gotten along with but don't tell him okay it's kind of a oneway relationship and it would be weird if he knew about it maybe I should hit the post button and then make another post right away yes that sounds like a great idea
This is also probably my favorite post in this game so far.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 22, 2022, 12:15:39 pm »

Jeez. That’s a lot. I’m just going to skim it.

Knightwing from the future here, it seems like I’m being suspected by Max and Persus? Being on my phone in class is stressful, so I’m just going to say this.

You’re wrong.

Persus, You said why I voted 4Mask? I don’t remember. But I don’t trust them, and I have a bad feeling about them. But I’m quickly getting suspicious of Max.

Max? I don’t even know why you voted me. But, you have been voting and quickly jumping from votes to votes a lot, case in point, you voted Jack and then got rid of your vote 3 posts later.

Why would you even vote if you were going to give up that fast? That kinda lowers your trustability in my eyes.

Oof, this took longer then I thought. Imma hop off before I get yelled out

Maximum Spin
I don't think I ever voted you this game, nor did I ever say I suspected you. I also made it very clear that I didn't think Jack was a worthwhile vote, and only voted him temporarily because Jim told me to. Okay, that sounds weird, but sometimes I'm weird.

You're kind of all over the place though, just like Tric. Both of you need to get your heads on straight for this. I understand, because there are a lot of players and everyone's going off on his own tangent, but you still gotta do better than this. Of course, being in class is an excuse for not reading carefully, but... you should probably just be in class and wait until you are done. :P

For example... I've only voted three times that I can remember. NQT, 4mask, EuchreJack. That's high for me, yes, but it's really not that special. The first one was exploratory, the second I was fully willing to follow through on, but then I got it into my head to offer to let Jim decide my vote, and I always keep my word when I say things like that, so when he took me up on it I obliged. Making someone an offer to switch my vote is just this weird thing I do sometimes, you've seen it before more than once. So telling me I'm quickly jumping from vote to vote isn't really showing a lot of awareness.

Toonyman claiming that I'm claiming that I came up with my read on Tric on my own when I clearly state in every post on the matter that people who know Tric better are saying he's wolf because XYZ, I can see it, so I'm sheeping them is interesting in italics.
To be fully fair, I'm more than a little suspicious of those reads you're sheeping. Incoherent arguments and the occasional apparent hallucination are much more indicative of town Tric than just going on about his role. He doesn't always go on about his role, sometimes he goes on about how his role is so cool that he has to keep it a cool role secret, like here.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 22, 2022, 12:18:54 pm »

Posting from phone and not caught up yet, but wanted to answer this.
Fallacy's MVM 3 tournament is what I was referring, in which there was No Jim.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=178730.0

Now Jim can continue.

Also, looks like I got some useful info from voting 4mask, and Knightwing64 changed his vote, so Unvote until I have time to read and analyze everything.

Okay.

. . .

Why are you so calm? You're supposed to freak out and call me scum and invent universes and scumteams where I'm scum unjustly persecuting you. This calm, measured response is almost exactly what I would not expect from you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 102