Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47649 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #195 on: September 21, 2022, 01:28:14 pm »

If you want some up to date meta on me, Persus, I'm generally pretty lazy/memey on D1 even if I have all the time in the world, I can't really solve for shit on D1 and just pretend to solve so people don't murder me. My class today is also Chinese so I actually have to pay attention in class and can't just ignore the professor to do other things.

PPE: You're the last one to show up to play Egan.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 21, 2022, 01:38:10 pm »

See, I say their name and it summons them.

@Persus:
Nice post! I'll have to think about NQT more.

@Egan:
Toony + Lenglon: Explain the gamestate to me or I day-vig you.
Woah woah woah, just read the thread. Give yourself some time.

Your vote on Max is very weak after saying that afterall.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 21, 2022, 01:40:42 pm »

Now, to supplment my having not read shit because fuck that, I'll review an arbitrary assortment of posts.

How to catch Evil:

Bad Votes:
Jack - not Evil, they've been like a frantic maniac
Knightwing - not Evil, I feel like he's really trying
Lenglon - not Evil, they've claimed something they didn't have to, I know this is a terrible example but 4mask was in-fact third-party on D1 of S10 even if they were lying about exactly what. I think Lenglon is really crying their heart out here though and believe them strongly

Probably Bad Votes:
NQT - I read them town but could be fooling me. I'm more confident NQT is town than 4mask just from their behavior.
4mask - I read them town but they could be fooling me
Jim - I think he's town based on his goofy mannerisms, but it's personal bias and he could still be Evil, would need convincing

Maybe Votes:
Hector - my gut says they're town but I have no strong reasoning
Max - similar to Hector, my instincts say they're town but I have no strong reasoning. I think their progression with Knightwing looks natural so that's townpoints
Persus - have no read, I should probably check that huh
Vector - could be town but need to see more of them
Egan - hasn't posted
TricMagic - their lynchpool of Max/Jack/Toony is bafflingly bad, which I would probably town read, but they're surprisingly rationally wrong case on Max is concerning. I know it's completely off-base but I could actually understand what he was saying.

I think I want to hear more from Persus, Vector, Egan, and Tric. Those four. Step forward and share.

Good post. Toony town.

Ugh. It’s 6 AM right now. I hate high school.

Probably Jack? I remember sussing him for a good reason earlier, but I forgot exactly what, and I’m in too much of a rush to figure it out again

This is certainly Knightwing and not anyone impersonating him. Lack of anger or depression indicates Knightwing town.

Okay thank you. I still want you launched from the game, but mostly now because you've been unnecessarily rude.

> Lenglon claims to only want to tell truth
> I do the only logical move and try to catch them in a lie if they're scum
> Lenglon thinks this is idiocy

Make it make sense.

Honesty

There, it makes sense now. Them being neutral third party makes sense at least. Remember the Fairy Godfather? While they aren't Good, they aren't Evil either. I'd put them down as a survivor.

Confusing.

Vote Count
------------------------
Jim Groovester - 2 - 4maskwolf*, hector13*,
TricMagic - 2 - EuchreJack*, ToonyMan*,
4maskwolf - 1 - Knightwing64*,
EuchreJack - 1 - Vector*,
Knightwing64 - 1 - notquitethere*,
Maximum Spin - 1 - TricMagic*,
notquitethere - 1 - Lenglon*,
Egan_BW - 0 -
hector13 - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Persus13 - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - Egan_BW, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin*, Persus13,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on September 23, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~58 hours remaining).

NOTE: In the event of a tie, the Mafia chooses the execution target.

Good mamobo, bot gets pets.
*Pets mamobo.

Miller-like claim Here: I am not Evil, but my actions do have the "Monster" tag.

Post Restriction Claim Here: I should not lie, and could face consequences for doing so.

4mask and Tric: Why Toony?

Lenglon glances around, feeling nervous. She is arguably an outsider here, could even find herself being called a Monster, yet she has at least as strong of a motivation to find and remove the Evils here as anyone else. Her friend is dead, and her new home is threatened. She was beginning to get to live out her dream, and then this murder happened, threatening to take it all away. She glanced around, unsure how to feel about them, and not truly knowing what they're capable of.

Still, there's no way out but forward

"I... I should speak up now, I suppose. I... I might be termed a monster, but I was not involved in the death of my friend. I dislike lying, and if I had to do it, it would have consequences upon me. I hope you all are willing to trust me."

However, despite her attempt to be prompt and up-front she still wasn't the first to speak, instead the first speaker was sudden, bold, and without hesitation, demanding that Toonyman be the first to be sacrifice, and providing no explanation but a simple "Yeet!"

"W-what? Um, Why should we sacrifice Toonyman?"

Post restrictions are certainly a fun time. If you lie, how immediate and dire would the consequences be?

Egan grumbles, their face hidden behind a hood and ritual mask.
"I saw it with my own eyes. webadict was killed by monsters, using a bright ball of light. Maybe that helps."

That gives people enough time to find their entrance music.

ohai guyz

Vector, which player is already giving you a bad feeling?

EuchreJack and Knightwing64. I really don't think this is town!EuchreJack because that version of him is usually more relaxed and engaged.

I also didn't like this sequence of posts, like, at all:

Okay, Knightwing, if you're town, you need to step it up again.

If you're scum, continue as you are.
+1

What do you mean? I’ve been plenty active. I can’t post at all parts of the day. But I’ll try to post more, if you really think that. Not today though, I’m mad tired

To me, this seems kinda out of left field. Especially from you, Jack.

The last appeal to abnormal behavior, broken into two posts, is unusual ... Knightwing! Why so nervous? And EJ, why just the +1?

There would be no need for a town!Lenglon to mention a post restriction like that, ‘cause town don’t really need to lie; it would be a little harsh to have a “can’t lie” post restriction on scum in a game of social manipulation (though webadict I think does sometimes tailor roles to players, possibly in more bastard setups though) which leaves TP.

Possibilities include that Lenglon can't perform specific types of lying; or that it's just a conversation piece.

Knightwing: I do not believe you are an easy lynch D1 at this point in time, and more importantly I don't think Jack's actions around you are suspicious at this time, even though I do think Jack is mildly suspicious from his earlier behavior. What is your opinion about lying as town? Is it something that town players should never ever do? If so, why? If not, when and why should town players lie?

Lenglon, given that you're voting EJ, why did you make this post?

The logic here seems sound enough. EJ + Knightwing could be a somewhat sloppily applied scumchat coordination?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 21, 2022, 01:42:32 pm »

Waves at Egan. You can shoot me I suppose, though you'd find I'm town. Shooting Toony would be nice.

Also Toony, if you can see my logic, then you can expand upon it. Or just recognize I make a point, not use it as evidence I'm scum.. Also that vote list is horrible and indecisive till it isn't.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 21, 2022, 01:43:19 pm »

What, you gonna tell me how to use my very own vote, big man? I can vote in as informed or uninformed state as I like.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 21, 2022, 01:47:53 pm »

Okay, I can take my time. I'm just maybe agitated because game start happened to be at the time of the week when I have free time more spread out. So will probably commit to the not understanding D1 lifestyle, even if I do some more research.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 21, 2022, 02:10:29 pm »

Waves at Egan. You can shoot me I suppose, though you'd find I'm town. Shooting Toony would be nice.

Also Toony, if you can see my logic, then you can expand upon it. Or just recognize I make a point, not use it as evidence I'm scum.. Also that vote list is horrible and indecisive till it isn't.
Expand what? The part where you say mafia can't hide in the shadows when there's so many players? Or the part where you say Max is setting up a chain of mislynches?

What, you gonna tell me how to use my very own vote, big man? I can vote in as informed or uninformed state as I like.
It's not a convincing vote, is all. Seems counterproductive.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 21, 2022, 02:12:53 pm »

@Egan:
If you like my reads why do you agree with Vector's point that Jack and KW may be in cahoots?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 21, 2022, 02:21:50 pm »

I like one, I agree with the other. And I read those posts one at a time in the order I quoted them. So while I did say I liked your read list, I can't say I agree yet because I don't know what's going on.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 21, 2022, 02:58:35 pm »

...yeah, I think this is town!Egan_BW

@Tric: I need some more, please answer this:
I don't have a preference. It's the fact you're setting up a chain of mislynches that bothers me. Scum can't play passive with so many people, so holding back won't work for them. It's enough of a deviation for me to take notice of it.
How do you know they're mislynches?

Unvote for now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 21, 2022, 03:01:19 pm »

Mod: Do we know how many Evil players there are?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 21, 2022, 03:03:08 pm »

Mod: Do we know how many Evil players there are?
An exact number, no.  But there is at least one (1), otherwise the game would've ended.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 21, 2022, 03:05:17 pm »

...yeah, I think this is town!Egan_BW
Probably.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 21, 2022, 03:13:22 pm »

EuchreJack - Need to see a bit more. Leaning town from what I've seen but I expect a bit more energy.
Unfortunately, I'm now a working stiff, super busy, and more mature as a player.  I don't have it in me to give you much more than what you've been seeing.
Reminder: TRYHARDERJim is Scum!Jim
Can you clarify what you mean by this? Especially since you're engaging Jim on not doing enough a few posts later?

Gladly, this beautiful post from Roguelike Mafia 7 was from Jim, who was mafia.

In my experience, when Jim is town, he instead just acknowledges that some players are unskilled and moves on with his life.

EuchreJack: *bonk* don't leave players unsolved because of their reputation, if you can't read someone and have reads on everyone else it's time to put pressure on the unknowns.

Also IME Vector is pretty aggressive when they're able to post regardless of how much time they have available.
@4mask: Hey, we're not all experienced with 13 player games! From my experience on these forums, this is a LOT of people.
I did follow your champs run, to some extent, so you are not completely unknown to me. For example, this style seems normal for you.
Like most games, I'll have to wait for Vector's NEXT post to figure them out.  Sigh.
I'm kind of tired, so forgive the lame question, but: "If you were me, what would you be asking you?"

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 21, 2022, 03:26:10 pm »

Okay, at this point I'm going to vote TricMagic so he'll answer my question.

I don't have a preference. It's the fact you're setting up a chain of mislynches that bothers me. Scum can't play passive with so many people, so holding back won't work for them. It's enough of a deviation for me to take notice of it.
How do you know they're mislynches?

EuchreJack - Need to see a bit more. Leaning town from what I've seen but I expect a bit more energy.
Unfortunately, I'm now a working stiff, super busy, and more mature as a player.  I don't have it in me to give you much more than what you've been seeing.
Reminder: TRYHARDERJim is Scum!Jim
Can you clarify what you mean by this? Especially since you're engaging Jim on not doing enough a few posts later?

Gladly, this beautiful post from Roguelike Mafia 7 was from Jim, who was mafia.

In my experience, when Jim is town, he instead just acknowledges that some players are unskilled and moves on with his life.
From my own experience, one of my first games (also a Supernatural actually), Jim as town was convinced I was scum (I wasn't). Course that was also 2013. But thanks for the response and the humorous post!

What's your read on Jim at this stage of the game?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 102