Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47537 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2022, 12:54:38 am »

I want to vote Hector for fundamentally disagreeing with what they're saying, but I don't know if that makes them scum. They haven't done the scumtell I've picked up on from last game so I think they're okay. I will say it if I pick up on it.

I'll vote TricMagic, what's going on dude? Gonna claim Knight again?

What is it you disagree with me uh… with? About? Over? Words like that which would probably come to me better at not midnight.

There’s some gloating over the last game I could do but my brain hurts so I’ll just say neener-neener and something about throwing shade at me ‘cause I’m voting Jim.

Like I don’t get how you can clear someone from an opening post, but that’s just me. I usually need at least a couple before I can do that.

I actually agree with hector on all of this.  It's not clear WHAT Toony disagrees about, nor is Toony engaging in any investigating behavior.
@Hector: Why you voting Jim?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Pregame | 13 / 13 | Spicing Roles
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2022, 01:02:10 am »

That gives people enough time to find their entrance music.

ohai guyz

Vector, which player is already giving you a bad feeling?

EuchreJack and Knightwing64. I really don't think this is town!EuchreJack because that version of him is usually more relaxed and engaged.

I also didn't like this sequence of posts, like, at all:

Okay, Knightwing, if you're town, you need to step it up again.

If you're scum, continue as you are.
+1

What do you mean? I’ve been plenty active. I can’t post at all parts of the day. But I’ll try to post more, if you really think that. Not today though, I’m mad tired

To me, this seems kinda out of left field. Especially from you, Jack.

The last appeal to abnormal behavior, broken into two posts, is unusual ... Knightwing! Why so nervous? And EJ, why just the +1?

There would be no need for a town!Lenglon to mention a post restriction like that, ‘cause town don’t really need to lie; it would be a little harsh to have a “can’t lie” post restriction on scum in a game of social manipulation (though webadict I think does sometimes tailor roles to players, possibly in more bastard setups though) which leaves TP.

Possibilities include that Lenglon can't perform specific types of lying; or that it's just a conversation piece.

Knightwing: I do not believe you are an easy lynch D1 at this point in time, and more importantly I don't think Jack's actions around you are suspicious at this time, even though I do think Jack is mildly suspicious from his earlier behavior. What is your opinion about lying as town? Is it something that town players should never ever do? If so, why? If not, when and why should town players lie?

Lenglon, given that you're voting EJ, why did you make this post?

This reminds me of the first post of scum!Vector in the first game we played together, Revolutions III.
@Vector: Why no questions for me?
ALSO: In answer to...multiple questions from various people about the "+1" to Max, I agreed with Max and supported that comment with a "+1".  I'm pretty sure I've done that in other forum games.  Max & I working together is also a Hal-Mark of both us being Town, to the point that I'm inclined to townread Max just based upon how we seem to have a meeting of the minds.

Obviously, Vector is Scum because Vector's first post wasn't "I'm too busy to post right now, but I'll post more later"  :P

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2022, 01:07:33 am »

So I've been working on this for a bit but then I got distracted for a couple of hours. The reads are the important part that I actually want to get out there and everything else is whatever. I stayed up until 3:30 last night for literally no reason so I probably need to review the game in a more alert state.

ToonyMan - Feels like normally engaged town ToonyMan; doesn't mean he couldn't be scum.
Vector - Feels okay; nothing horribly offensive.
Knightwing64 - Probably town Knightwing64.
Lenglon - Probably Not Evil.
EuchreJack - Need to see a bit more. Leaning town from what I've seen but I expect a bit more energy.
hector13 - Nothing horribly offensive but the reasoning for why hector13 is deciding to leave Lenglon alone for the moment feels off even if I agree with the ultimate conclusion.
Persus13 - Completely inoffensive posts so far; need to see more to get a good read.
4maskwolf - Completely unreadable. Might as well flip a coin and it would probably do better than I could.
Maximum Spin - Feels off this game but this is probably completely irrelevant since there were two recent games where he was scum and he felt perfectly fine in those.
Egan_BW - Hasn't posted yet. Isn't Egan_BW prone to vanishing completely when they're scum?
notquitethere - Feels okay; nothing bothering me at the moment about how he's playing.
TricMagic - Need to see more. Doesn't feel like he's expressed enough TricMagicness in the game so far.

Jim Groovester
Jim

hey what gives

Hmm. 4maskwolf

This could be a targeted vote to get dumb people to jump on a bandwagon. Explain your thought process to me carefully and in detail.

Do I like Knightwing64 trying to be assertive?

Yes I do.

Or I’m a unknown who is playing 6D chess with my enlarged cranium.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Watch out Knighty, if Toony were scum, he'd lull you into not engaging with such statement, then later in Day 1/2 claim your lack of engagement was Proof Positive that you were scum.
Stay alert! ~~ Trust no one! ~~ Keep your laser handy!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is a small portion of usual EuchreJack freneticness.

God, if I had known how many Supernatural games featured cults, I probably would have abstained from this mess. Fuck cults.

Anyone who played/read one of the previous Supernaturals able to explain some of the possible cults we might be facing?

Conversion based scum teams suck and I'm not going to spend any thought thinking about them being a possible scumteam.

Aww nobody chose entrance music :( (blue) meanies.

Lenglon’s probably third-party if their claim about a post-restriction is true, but I have my doubts it is.

There would be no need for a town!Lenglon to mention a post restriction like that, ‘cause town don’t really need to lie; it would be a little harsh to have a “can’t lie” post restriction on scum in a game of social manipulation (though webadict I think does sometimes tailor roles to players, possibly in more bastard setups though) which leaves TP.

I agree with your conclusion but not the reasoning of how you got there.

As discussed by others town players have good reason to lie on occasion. In the scenario where Lenglon is scum, you take Lenglon having a post restriction at face value, which makes me scratch my head. Couldn't scum Lenglon be lying about having the post restriction? That's no reason at all to conclude third party.

Considering that we already know at least one new mechanic (monster actions) and that Web had a huge number of ideas for a Supernatural game, it may be best to treat this game as a thematically similar game to previous supernaturals that we can’t rely on mechanics from.

I'll uselessly voice my support for this point of view regarding the game. Coming in with a 'this is a webadict game' perspective might be more sensible than 'this is a Supernatural game' perspective.

Hey! Ho!
Oh don't you go
All supernatural on me

This song is pretty cool but I'm glad the guy who's just awkwardly clapping along at the start stops.

So you admit to being a liar, who should therefore be lynched! notquitethere!

I thought you didn't vote anybody on Day 1 unless you were super serious about it and after you had spent time contemplating it.

Okay, Knightwing, if you're town, you need to step it up again.

If you're scum, continue as you are.
So far I find this Knightwing adequate. Not going to vote you out today.

These posts about Knightwing64 bother me. What was it about what Knightwing64 did that triggered you to tell him to shape up? There wasn't that much time between his first set of posts and when you told him to shape up.

EuchreJack and Knightwing64. I really don't think this is town!EuchreJack because that version of him is usually more relaxed and engaged.
town!EuchreJack
relaxed

fucking what

Town EuchreJack is not relaxed.

Knightwing: I do not believe you are an easy lynch D1 at this point in time, and more importantly I don't think Jack's actions around you are suspicious at this time, even though I do think Jack is mildly suspicious from his earlier behavior. What is your opinion about lying as town? Is it something that town players should never ever do? If so, why? If not, when and why should town players lie?

Lenglon, given that you're voting EJ, why did you make this post?

I like this part of your post. It's a good question.

. . .

. . .

. . .

Tokusentai
Tokusentai
Tokusentai

I am a Jimp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpKO5nJVqiU&t=6s

I like you too, Toony.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2022, 01:26:59 am »

Since I might not be able to post for a while, my reads list:

Townies:
Maximum Spin - We usually gel when both town
Knightwing64 - Level of engagement is typical for town Knightwing. Is trying to figure out the game
notquitethere - Charts and analysis

Friendlies:
ToonyMan - If not for Toony's skill, I'd say Town. Under observation
hector13 - Seems townie, maybe I just sympathize due to late night posting
Jim Groovester - BullyScumJim or ChickenShitTownJim? I'm leery of giving too many people green shade, but top of nulls list due to lack of scumtells at this juncture. Got promoted due to ninja'ing my reads list.

Nulls:
Persus13 - I have limited/no experience, so will be relying upon the vets to read
4maskwolf - 4mask have angle, figure it out eventually

Mafia/3P Suspects Day 1:
Vector: I am suspicious as the first post was too aggressive for passive no time Vector, but Vector always suspects me when they're town. So I can wait.
Lenglon: Definitely a Third Party/Mafia, the question is whether friend or foe. Lenglon, please say "I can not recruit the living" to reduce my paranoia.
                I personally am suspicious of Lenglon because she's voting me, but carefully backpedaling that vote without accusing anyone else.
                I would be LESS suspicious if Lenglon could add a FOS so we know there is actual hunting and not just voting to vote.
Egan_BW: No sly comments and jerky responses? SCUM SCUM SCUM
TricMagic: Too quiet.  There was a time that Tric was this quiet, but posted an explanation later and was town. But there was another game where Tric said almost nothing and just killed everyone at night as Mafia.

EuchreJack - Need to see a bit more. Leaning town from what I've seen but I expect a bit more energy.
Unfortunately, I'm now a working stiff, super busy, and more mature as a player.  I don't have it in me to give you much more than what you've been seeing.
Reminder: TRYHARDERJim is Scum!Jim

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2022, 01:30:11 am »

Jack I can not recruit the living.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2022, 01:33:12 am »

Jack: As far as I know, I can only win if Good wins. I don't see what point there is in demanding that I make any other statements beyond that, since as I see it that statement would have to be a lie for me to be harmful, and if you are assuming that I am violating my prohibition against lying, then what point is there in making me say things?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2022, 01:34:29 am »

So I've been working on this for a bit but then I got distracted for a couple of hours. The reads are the important part that I actually want to get out there and everything else is whatever. I stayed up until 3:30 last night for literally no reason so I probably need to review the game in a more alert state.

ToonyMan - Feels like normally engaged town ToonyMan; doesn't mean he couldn't be scum.
Vector - Feels okay; nothing horribly offensive.
Knightwing64 - Probably town Knightwing64.
Lenglon - Probably Not Evil.
hector13 - Nothing horribly offensive but the reasoning for why hector13 is deciding to leave Lenglon alone for the moment feels off even if I agree with the ultimate conclusion.
Persus13 - Completely inoffensive posts so far; need to see more to get a good read.
4maskwolf - Completely unreadable. Might as well flip a coin and it would probably do better than I could.
Maximum Spin - Feels off this game but this is probably completely irrelevant since there were two recent games where he was scum and he felt perfectly fine in those.
Egan_BW - Hasn't posted yet. Isn't Egan_BW prone to vanishing completely when they're scum?
notquitethere - Feels okay; nothing bothering me at the moment about how he's playing.
TricMagic - Need to see more. Doesn't feel like he's expressed enough TricMagicness in the game so far.
@Jim: Is this an organized from town to scum reads list? If so, why is NQT second-to-the-bottom with "Feels okay; nothing bothering me at the moment about how he's playing."

If not...since I'm now in a game, I can freely scumread the crap out of anyone that refuses to organize their reads list. Certainly players should be shown great deference on the actual organization, but without some attempt to differentiate the town from the scum, I'm going to assume a player is trying to hide something and mislead the other players. I'm a firm believer that the process of organizing the reads list is valuable in assessing other players, and refusing to do the work is refusing to do Townie work.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2022, 01:42:18 am »

Jack I can not recruit the living.
Thank Webadict for that!

Jack: As far as I know, I can only win if Good wins. I don't see what point there is in demanding that I make any other statements beyond that, since as I see it that statement would have to be a lie for me to be harmful, and if you are assuming that I am violating my prohibition against lying, then what point is there in making me say things?
I appreciate your humoring me on this.
At this point, I'm doing the following:
1) If you are telling the truth about not being able to lie without !!repercussions!!, then we're getting some valuable information
2) If you are lying, we're building up a body of evidence for later examination. One lie and it all falls apart.

@Lenglon: Other than myself, whom do you think looks scummy?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2022, 01:46:03 am »

@Jim: Is this an organized from town to scum reads list?

No.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2022, 01:57:42 am »

If not...since I'm now in a game, I can freely scumread the crap out of anyone that refuses to organize their reads list. Certainly players should be shown great deference on the actual organization, but without some attempt to differentiate the town from the scum, I'm going to assume a player is trying to hide something and mislead the other players. I'm a firm believer that the process of organizing the reads list is valuable in assessing other players, and refusing to do the work is refusing to do Townie work.

Alright, I read this part of your post.

You can vote me for having a disorganized reads list if you want since I can't stop you but disorganized reads list don't make people scum.

@Jim: Is this an organized from town to scum reads list?

No.
scummy

k

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2022, 02:09:02 am »

@Lenglon: Other than myself, whom do you think looks scummy?
Here are my current reads. Everything within is my perception and opinion, and inaccuracies or incorrect factual statements are flaws in my perception or memory, and should be taken as such, rather than as claims about reality, and I invite anyone who notices such a thing to please correct me.

Seems towny:
ToonyMan - I don't have a good reason to trust him but I do. Feels like Town!Shakerag to me. And yes, I know ToonyMan is not Shakerag.
Knightwing64 - Feels very much like town Knightwing to me.
4maskwolf - Strong opening. Am looking forward to seeing what follows.
Vector - few posts but very content-heavy posts. Clearly actively investigating.
Maximum Spin - Very minimalistic posts. Opening single post was information-dense, and questions have been well placed and reasonable. Feels like Town that is hiding something for the good of the town, but is still hiding something.
Jim Groovester - Still don't have a real read what what I do have leans town.

Seems neutral:
notquitethere - Not enough information. Everything posted so far has been theoredical and mostly speculating on the setup instead of the players. I believe this is normal for Day 1 Town!NQT, but it also isn't something I can townread someone off of.
Egan_BW - MIA, but goes MIA often.
TricMagic - not enough content for me to read, but I wouldn't expect a lot of content just yet anyway.

Seems evil:
hector13 - Not enough content for me to read, and I would expected to have something by now.
EuchreJack - Inconsistent reasoning and seems to be GoodHunting instead of EvilHunting.
Persus13 - literally only made two posts, able to be summarized as  a generic entry post and "What is Knightwing's meta?". Should have become engaged by now. Hasn't.

My overall opinion: I don't think enough has happened yet for my reads to be very meaningful or accurate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2022, 02:23:35 am »

Jiiiiiiiim I pfp so I am not clipping that quote to show what I’m responding to urgh.

Lenglon had basically admitted to being TP by the time I made the post. It could very well be that Lenglon is lying scum, but I mention in a later post that I can’t prove that, and given the nature of the game (everyone has some sort of night action) I don’t think it’s worth pursuing an elimination based on “well you probably are lying” when she’ll probably (alright, hopefully) be dealt with in the night.

I absolutely don’t like leaving an admitted non-town player alone, but given the above, if she is lying scum, she probably won’t be performing the kill (assuming a team, anyway) because of drawing night actions, and if she is telling the truth about not lying, has said they aren’t evil and are thus not a threat to the town.

It makes sense to me, but I’m very not good at expressing what my gut tells me, especially at 2am.

PPE: Lenglon’s list seems to be variations on “hasn’t posted enough to get a solid read”. I also don’t like the expectations of activity on those reads, less than 24h into D1, when activity is NAI.

Why do people need to claim not-town and make me hugely suspicious of them on D1 *sigh* I’ll probably need to revisit this when I’m awake. Is it just me or does it come across as wanting to be scumread?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2022, 02:34:29 am »

@Hector: How did you conclude Lenglon was Third Party? I mean, I certainly have my theory, but how would you explain/paraphrase it?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2022, 02:34:52 am »

Pfp. Just waking up so a quick post:

Hector, I can believe that you might believe you wouldn't anticipate having to lie to win as town. This doesn't feel indicative enough.

Lenglon, you didn't answer my question (unless I missed it). Answer these four questions, yes or no:

Do you have the town wincon?

Do you have a town ally wincon?

Do you have the survivor wincon?

Do you have an anti-town wincon?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 102