Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47494 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2022, 08:06:16 pm »

Knightwing: I find you generally a bit of an enigma, because you do not actively investigate things that you find suspicious, and tend to keep your thoughts and reasoning to yourself more often than not, instead staying idle to the side and occasionally voting with incomplete reasons associated with the votes. This makes it difficult to investigate you, and so I often end up defaulting to assuming you are scum when everyone else seems mostly town. I attempted to both help you and investigate you just now by asking for you to share your opinion on recent discussion topics. I would appreciate it if you spoke up and shared your opinions and reasoning unprompted more often, and I think doing that would make others more likely to consider you town.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2022, 08:09:47 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Jim Groovester - 2 - 4maskwolf*, hector13*,
4maskwolf - 1 - Knightwing64*,
hector13 - 1 - notquitethere*,
notquitethere - 1 - Maximum Spin*,
ToonyMan - 1 - TricMagic*,
TricMagic - 1 - EuchreJack*,
Egan_BW - 0 -
EuchreJack - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Persus13 - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 6 - Egan_BW, Jim Groovester, Lenglon*, Persus13, ToonyMan, Vector,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on September 23, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~71 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2022, 08:11:38 pm »

Fixed Jack not being recognized by the name Jack.  Assume he's being voted there by Lenglon, that'll be fixed next time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Pregame | 13 / 13 | Spicing Roles
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2022, 08:43:45 pm »

That gives people enough time to find their entrance music.

ohai guyz

Vector, which player is already giving you a bad feeling?

EuchreJack and Knightwing64. I really don't think this is town!EuchreJack because that version of him is usually more relaxed and engaged.

I also didn't like this sequence of posts, like, at all:

Okay, Knightwing, if you're town, you need to step it up again.

If you're scum, continue as you are.
+1

What do you mean? I’ve been plenty active. I can’t post at all parts of the day. But I’ll try to post more, if you really think that. Not today though, I’m mad tired

To me, this seems kinda out of left field. Especially from you, Jack.

The last appeal to abnormal behavior, broken into two posts, is unusual ... Knightwing! Why so nervous? And EJ, why just the +1?

There would be no need for a town!Lenglon to mention a post restriction like that, ‘cause town don’t really need to lie; it would be a little harsh to have a “can’t lie” post restriction on scum in a game of social manipulation (though webadict I think does sometimes tailor roles to players, possibly in more bastard setups though) which leaves TP.

Possibilities include that Lenglon can't perform specific types of lying; or that it's just a conversation piece.

Knightwing: I do not believe you are an easy lynch D1 at this point in time, and more importantly I don't think Jack's actions around you are suspicious at this time, even though I do think Jack is mildly suspicious from his earlier behavior. What is your opinion about lying as town? Is it something that town players should never ever do? If so, why? If not, when and why should town players lie?

Lenglon, given that you're voting EJ, why did you make this post?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Pregame | 13 / 13 | Sending Roles Slowly
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2022, 09:02:14 pm »

@Persus13:
Given that you've played at least 7 out of the 10 regular Supernatural games, what's your favorite moment from those, and what's a mistake you hope not to repeat for this game?
I don't really remember. I think there was one where I carried town and we won so I like that one.

*A few minutes later*

I checked, it was Supernatural 7. We went to Day 7 and I was alive for lylo and we won as town taking down the Dark Magus Persus13:
Yeah I guess he's the only mafia left, otherwise it'd be game over.

Persus13

@Hector:
Aww nobody chose entrance music :( (blue) meanies.

Lenglon’s probably third-party if their claim about a post-restriction is true, but I have my doubts it is.

There would be no need for a town!Lenglon to mention a post restriction like that, ‘cause town don’t really need to lie; it would be a little harsh to have a “can’t lie” post restriction on scum in a game of social manipulation (though webadict I think does sometimes tailor roles to players, possibly in more bastard setups though) which leaves TP.
I agree that Lenglon probably isn't "town", but I don't think they're mafia. I don't think they're Evil or in other words worth voting.

@NQT:
No, lynch all liars.
Too simplistic. I partially claim, mislead, imply and outright fabricate as town if it's useful for outplaying scum. Scum thrive in an environment where they have good info on town powers and know who they have to kill and who they need to redirect etc. I beseech all my fellow town players to lie.
Pretty much agree with all of this.

@Knightwing:
To me, this seems kinda out of left field. Especially from you, Jack.
Look elsewhere, Jack is probably town or being a tryhard.

Also Jack, don't bother. Knightwing is town here. Right Max?

Knightwing: I found Jack's questions for me, where he tested if I was willing to say the phrase "I am Good", as suspicious, because to me they did not help him find Evil, and only helped him find Good. Since I believe that Evil wants to find Good, to me that was Evil behavior. Do you think Jack was acting like an Evil? Why or why not?
Kinda? It’s iffy, I don’t have a definite opinion, but Jack jumping onto Max’s totally friendly and not a accusation advice seems to me like knowing I’m a easy lynch d1 and trying to get somebody out fast.

So, if you really wanted to push for a early option, probably Evil.
I would be more critical of Max than Jack here Knightwing. I've got Jack. You can get Max.

@Lenglon:
Knightwing: I found Jack's questions for me, where he tested if I was willing to say the phrase "I am Good", as suspicious, because to me they did not help him find Evil, and only helped him find Good. Since I believe that Evil wants to find Good, to me that was Evil behavior. Do you think Jack was acting like an Evil? Why or why not?
Finding Good is good.

Evil finding Good only matters if they really want to avoid killing non-Town players, although chances are they'll kill Good anyway since most of us are, right?

@Max:
So far I find this Knightwing adequate. Not going to vote you out today.
Yep.

@Vector:
EuchreJack and Knightwing64. I really don't think this is town!EuchreJack because that version of him is usually more relaxed and engaged.
I feel exactly the opposite, why?

Jack and Knightwing's conservation looked very natural and not like scumbuddies, do you think one is scum?

Jack is posting a shit-ton because they're overly eager and just spew exactly how they're feeling when they're town.

Knightwing is trying to convey thoughts (that can be wrong, but still) and double-posting isn't unusual for town!KW. I believe he currently needs to rely on others, but wants to improve by trying to be independent and chase scum himself. This is what he's showing by being suspicious of Jack, even if I think it's incorrect.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2022, 09:04:13 pm »

@Vector:
conversation*

I will say if I had to pick one between the two, I would also vote Jack, not that I agree.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2022, 09:07:58 pm »

EuchreJack - Good
Jim Groovester - Good
Knightwing64 - Good

Lenglon - Not Evil

4maskwolf - I would say Good but I have to respect their play
notquitethere - I would say Good but I clearly need work here lately

hector13 - don't know, not confident
Maximum Spin - don't know, not confident
Persus13 - don't know, not confident
TricMagic - don't know, need to see more
Vector - don't know, need to see more

Egan_BW - hasn't posted

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Pregame | 13 / 13 | Sending Roles Slowly
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2022, 09:09:46 pm »

Jack and Knightwing's conservation looked very natural and not like scumbuddies, do you think one is scum?

It's pinging me, and this early in the game, that's more than enough. I'm not looking at teams yet. We're less than 24h into D1.

I'll say more after one of the people I tagged replies.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2022, 09:12:11 pm »

Vector: Because it is more important to me to both investigate Knightwing and help him express himself than it is to attempt to apply pressure on Jack about a topic that he has avoided engaging with and nobody else has called him on despite me pointing it out, which likely means that nobody else finds the argument convincing, and that I should reconsider how strong of evidence it actually is.

Toony: I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that you are correct, and that it wasn't a concern after all, but I did not know that at the time, and thought that the Good players might only be a sub-faction of town, which would require protection. At the time of Jack's question, they were lacking the same information I was, and so I remain concerned about their questioning, but it is currently only a cause for mild suspicion, as I said to Knightwing earlier.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2022, 09:21:37 pm »

@Persus13:
Given that you've played at least 7 out of the 10 regular Supernatural games, what's your favorite moment from those, and what's a mistake you hope not to repeat for this game?
Oh right...

As for mistakes I don't wish to repeat, some of them are out of my control, like if there's one mafia that converts a vig tonight I'm just going to be mad because finding one scum is annoyingly hard already with so many players and then the extra kill power would push me beyond upset. I don't think Web would do that, but he'd maybe subvert it in some way. There's a lot of Monster stuff going on here.

If we had listened to Luckyowl on D1 of Supernatural 10 and lynched Web we would have been most likely victorious, but we didn't. So maybe I need to take into account even the most inexperienced player's opinion for success. I can't be too dismissive of things that are actually possible, especially when a lynch is happily going through and nobody but the person being lynched is doing anything. Contentment is probably our demise.

Toony: I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that you are correct, and that it wasn't a concern after all, but I did not know that at the time, and thought that the Good players might only be a sub-faction of town, which would require protection. At the time of Jack's question, they were lacking the same information I was, and so I remain concerned about their questioning, but it is currently only a cause for mild suspicion, as I said to Knightwing earlier.
If you can help find Good just as much as Evil that would be appreciated, Lenglon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2022, 09:26:18 pm »

I want to vote Hector for fundamentally disagreeing with what they're saying, but I don't know if that makes them scum. They haven't done the scumtell I've picked up on from last game so I think they're okay. I will say it if I pick up on it.

I'll vote TricMagic, what's going on dude? Gonna claim Knight again?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2022, 11:04:23 pm »

Hmm, expected more posts for some reason.

I didn't explain why Jim is good and that's because I'm biased and like their first post.

I am a Jimp. I'm more likely to join a game if Jim is in them. I don't want to vote Jim unless I have to because I want them around. I feel I'm usually not wrong, but I'm saying this to clarify my read and be honest with everyone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2022, 11:05:24 pm »

if there's one mafia that converts a vig tonight
I think that's plausible.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2022, 12:03:54 am »

if there's one mafia that converts a vig tonight
I think that's plausible.
God, if I had known how many Supernatural games featured cults, I probably would have abstained from this mess. Fuck cults.

Anyone who played/read one of the previous Supernaturals able to explain some of the possible cults we might be facing?

Hey, where is Egan_BW?
Another player that I worry about when they disappear, but not as much as Tric.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2022, 12:35:52 am »

I want to vote Hector for fundamentally disagreeing with what they're saying, but I don't know if that makes them scum. They haven't done the scumtell I've picked up on from last game so I think they're okay. I will say it if I pick up on it.

I'll vote TricMagic, what's going on dude? Gonna claim Knight again?

What is it you disagree with me uh… with? About? Over? Words like that which would probably come to me better at not midnight.

There’s some gloating over the last game I could do but my brain hurts so I’ll just say neener-neener and something about throwing shade at me ‘cause I’m voting Jim.

Like I don’t get how you can clear someone from an opening post, but that’s just me. I usually need at least a couple before I can do that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 102