Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47967 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #915 on: September 27, 2022, 07:05:58 am »

Missed this in the wall of text:

You didn't answer me during Day 1 but I'll ask again, especially with the context of what people have been talking about during Day 2.

Do you believe that Maximum Spin is both telling the truth about him being vulnerable to Knightwing64 the Devil Summoner and already Evil?
I think Max is very likely to be scum of some kind. He may have been baiting an gift from an Evil Summoner. I don't have any reason to believe he is telling the absolute truth, especially as he's hardly said anything clearly.

Serial Killers are capital E Evil and we can't win of they are still alive.
I meant to ask how you knew this yesterday but never quite got around to it.
Isn't this how serial killers always work? If town kill of the mafia team, the serial killer doesn't lose: the town still have to hunt the SK down. Supernatural is no exception. How do you think it works?

I'll give you that on its face Knightwing64's role and flavor don't look good, but it's also not uncommon for Supernatural games to subvert expectations regarding flavor. E.G., the town werebear and probably other examples that I'm not immediately recalling.
Yeah sure, I just don't understand mechanically how it's meant to help town.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 27, 2022, 07:09:04 am »

Unvote

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 27, 2022, 07:09:51 am »

Hey, Knightwing. If you're Good, then there should be no downside to sending me a Devil Deal, so go ahead and do that tonight, okay? If you're telling the truth about your alignment, I'll be able to confirm it, and it will both benefit you and upgrade me with no downsides whatsoever.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 27, 2022, 07:18:35 am »

K

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 27, 2022, 08:27:13 am »

notquitethere, then.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 27, 2022, 08:36:07 am »

Why is Max asking to be targeted by the Devil deal when he earlier claimed it would convert him?

Why did Max go from claiming that the witch is evil to asking it for favours?

Why does Jim et al believe Max is any way townsided??

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 27, 2022, 08:41:48 am »

I think the reasoning is that Max won't be converted if KW is Good.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 27, 2022, 08:48:04 am »

I decided I like you less than Knightwing.

Tomorrow I'll be able to say for sure whether we should kill Knightwing. ToonyMan could be right, after all. In the meantime, we can resolve you instead. Knightwing at least sounds like he wants to be townread, while you don't even. I thought Knightwing was evil, but it's obviously not anyone else's priority, and those who have made it not their priority do have a good point, so I don't mind leaving it to worry about later, at least in the light of a new (literal) day.

Incidentally, EuchreJack, just to be safe, I think we should both use that block tonight, if the game isn't over (which seems probable, because I think there's more than two scum). If you have some other fancy ability you'd rather use, I won't tell you not to, but it's always good to prevent mafiakills. If we both do it, then it'll still work even if one of us gets vigged or something.

Relatedly, I'd appreciate some protection tonight if anyone has that ability. If you trust me less than EuchreJack, protect him instead, but it'll make me feel bad. At any rate someone with the blocking ability should be protected.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 27, 2022, 09:46:44 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Egan_BW       --3-- ToonyMan*, Vector*, notquitethere*,
-> notquitethere --3-- Lenglon*, 4maskwolf*, Maximum Spin*,
Jim Groovester   --1-- EuchreJack*,
4maskwolf        --0--
EuchreJack       --0--
hector13         --0--
Knightwing64     --0--
Lenglon          --0--
Maximum Spin     --0--
ToonyMan         --0--
Vector           --0--
No One           --0--

Not Voting       --4-- Egan_BW*, hector13, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64*,

6 to Hammer. Day ends on September 28, 2022 at 20:00 Central Daylight Time (~34 hours remaining).

NOTE: In the event of a tie, Evil forces choose the execution target.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 27, 2022, 11:07:31 am »

That's very convenient reasoning to not put a claim on the line.

Why, if you claimed your results, as more of the set up is revealed we can see that i) you are absolutely not performing night kills, and ii) you could not be making your results up. Both of these things increase the likelihood that you are town, especially as the game goes on.

But you won't because I think you made it all up and don't want to be tested on it. Which is why you didn't claim the actual numbers immediately anyway.

Fair, it is selfish reasoning seeing as I’m the only one who knows the numbers, and I s’pose on reconsidering it would at least allow the holders of the roles to actually call out fakeclaims that don’t match my numbers.

*sighs* fine. For the greater good. There is 1 Mystic, 1 Wizard, and 1 Sage.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 27, 2022, 11:11:29 am »

Huh. I didn’t hear anything about that in my role, TBF I didn’t get much from my role flavor, other then my dude is going to get killed by the Elder if he doesn’t find scum.

Something like that

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 27, 2022, 11:12:39 am »

Hey, Knightwing. If you're Good, then there should be no downside to sending me a Devil Deal, so go ahead and do that tonight, okay? If you're telling the truth about your alignment, I'll be able to confirm it, and it will both benefit you and upgrade me with no downsides whatsoever.

Uh,

There's a devil-summoning witch, the "Summoner", who has an ability called Devil Deal that I imagine is somehow related to the devil role someone mentioned a long time ago. There also seems to be a team of "Monsters".

The "Monsters" are only suggested in flavortext, but the witch is just about definite, because my role specifically reacts (badly) to the use of that ability, which would have effectively recruited me if it had hit. It's hard to imagine something that specific would be meant as a red herring.

Yeah I'm going to take the very bold position of saying I don't like this.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 27, 2022, 11:15:45 am »

That's very convenient reasoning to not put a claim on the line.

Why, if you claimed your results, as more of the set up is revealed we can see that i) you are absolutely not performing night kills, and ii) you could not be making your results up. Both of these things increase the likelihood that you are town, especially as the game goes on.

But you won't because I think you made it all up and don't want to be tested on it. Which is why you didn't claim the actual numbers immediately anyway.

Fair, it is selfish reasoning seeing as I’m the only one who knows the numbers, and I s’pose on reconsidering it would at least allow the holders of the roles to actually call out fakeclaims that don’t match my numbers.

*sighs* fine. For the greater good. There is 1 Mystic, 1 Wizard, and 1 Sage.
Persus was a Mystic so do any other Mystics want to contest Hector's claim?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 27, 2022, 11:17:19 am »

@Jim:
I don't see the problem if you think KW is Good.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 27, 2022, 11:20:34 am »

@Egan:
NQT is voting you to save himself, why aren't you voting?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 102