Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47590 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #690 on: September 25, 2022, 06:10:13 pm »

Oh, I probably should have figured out what PDE meant before I used my power. Tric will be around for next night, then.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 25, 2022, 06:13:34 pm »

Huh.

You revived Tric… for a single day?

Excuse me, I need to smash my monitor

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 25, 2022, 06:14:50 pm »

Not really? You could’ve gave Jack and a ability as mafia and then loudly proclaimed it to make yourself seem more townie. There isn’t only two options there
That's a half-assed justification and I expect better. Anything can be waved away as WIFOM after the fact, but why would I make this particular choice in that case? It was entirely voluntary, and there are plenty of ways to make myself look town, especially when I think Jack already townread me, without giving mafia an explicit Achilles heel. I even have other abilities I could have given him that don't block the mafiakill. I specifically gave a player I think is town a strongly town-positive ability, because I want to help town.

I think NQT is a reasonable vote, however they couldn't have killed Persus if Max roleblocked them.

So who killed Persus?
Persus being an angel - Archons are what D&D call angels so it can copyright them - makes me really curious about the composition of Evil here. I can SEE angels being "Monsters" for the purposes of the flavor I mentioned before, but the description in the start of day flavor makes him sound a little SKish too, so maybe, if NQT is right about SKs being Evil, this really was a mafia kill? How many third parties could there reasonably BE, though? Anyone have any suggestions from previous games?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 25, 2022, 06:16:36 pm »

While I agree there is probably a third party, I only think there is one third party faction, and I’m not part of it. Thanks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 25, 2022, 06:19:48 pm »

While I agree there is probably a third party, I only think there is one third party faction, and I’m not part of it. Thanks.
There's already one admitted third party, Lenglon, so.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 25, 2022, 06:19:55 pm »

All right, I'm not planning to hang around the rest of the day, so I guess I might as well spill what I know. It's not much, but it might be helpful still.

There's a devil-summoning witch, the "Summoner", who has an ability called Devil Deal that I imagine is somehow related to the devil role someone mentioned a long time ago. There also seems to be a team of "Monsters".

The "Monsters" are only suggested in flavortext, but the witch is just about definite, because my role specifically reacts (badly) to the use of that ability, which would have effectively recruited me if it had hit. It's hard to imagine something that specific would be meant as a red herring.
Hmm. A Demon Summoner? Sounds cool

Also, if any of you have a bodyguard role, I would like it to be used on me due to my crippling fear of death
Hohoho

@Max:
If someone wants to claim slaying Evil Persus that would be great.

If no one claims then we can theorize that Evil killed Evil...but why?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 25, 2022, 06:20:05 pm »

Not really? You could’ve gave Jack and a ability as mafia and then loudly proclaimed it to make yourself seem more townie. There isn’t only two options there
That's a half-assed justification and I expect better. Anything can be waved away as WIFOM after the fact, but why would I make this particular choice in that case? It was entirely voluntary, and there are plenty of ways to make myself look town, especially when I think Jack already townread me, without giving mafia an explicit Achilles heel. I even have other abilities I could have given him that don't block the mafiakill. I specifically gave a player I think is town a strongly town-positive ability, because I want to help town.

I think NQT is a reasonable vote, however they couldn't have killed Persus if Max roleblocked them.

So who killed Persus?
Persus being an angel - Archons are what D&D call angels so it can copyright them - makes me really curious about the composition of Evil here. I can SEE angels being "Monsters" for the purposes of the flavor I mentioned before, but the description in the start of day flavor makes him sound a little SKish too, so maybe, if NQT is right about SKs being Evil, this really was a mafia kill? How many third parties could there reasonably BE, though? Anyone have any suggestions from previous games?

Also, this is kinda irrelevant, But I thought the blanket term for angels in DND was celestial

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 25, 2022, 06:21:47 pm »

All right, I'm not planning to hang around the rest of the day, so I guess I might as well spill what I know. It's not much, but it might be helpful still.

There's a devil-summoning witch, the "Summoner", who has an ability called Devil Deal that I imagine is somehow related to the devil role someone mentioned a long time ago. There also seems to be a team of "Monsters".

The "Monsters" are only suggested in flavortext, but the witch is just about definite, because my role specifically reacts (badly) to the use of that ability, which would have effectively recruited me if it had hit. It's hard to imagine something that specific would be meant as a red herring.

Also, if any of you have a bodyguard role, I would like it to be used on me due to my crippling fear of death
Hohoho

@Max:
If someone wants to claim slaying Evil Persus that would be great.

If no one claims then we can theorize that Evil killed Evil...but why?

Yeah. I wanted to hold off on admitting I was a witch until I had at least one soul. Kinda a, don’t wanna get killed before I use my action type of thing.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 25, 2022, 06:23:12 pm »

I do have a monster tag on my devilish deal ability, but I’m a townie overall, are you sure monster isn’t just a flair thing for abilities?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 25, 2022, 06:24:26 pm »

Hohoho
I thought that at the time, too. :P

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 25, 2022, 06:26:01 pm »

I think what the thing is, is the mafia team has a monster tag in their abilities, and my role is kinda like someone who defected? Which is why I have the monster tag, but I’m town, if that makes sense.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 25, 2022, 06:26:41 pm »

N1 actions:
notquitethere -- unclaimed action, Roleblocked by Max
Knightwing64     -- Offered Jack a Devil Deal
Maximum Spin     -- Roleblocked NQT
4maskwolf        -- Transformed Lenglon into someone that can Jailkeep
Egan_BW          -- unclaimed action, currently reviving Tric At Day's End
EuchreJack       -- Stole roleblock + prevent mafiakill from Max, got another Monster ability (undisclosed).
hector13         -- unclaimed action
Jim Groovester   -- unclaimed action
Lenglon          -- Bug Max (action succeeded), gift monster action of NQT's to Jack
ToonyMan         -- Tracked Vector, claims Vector no-visited
Vector           -- unclaimed action, limited kills to Perseus and Hector as D1 action, seen as no-visiting by Toony.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 25, 2022, 06:27:01 pm »

I do have a monster tag on my devilish deal ability, but I’m a townie overall, are you sure monster isn’t just a flair thing for abilities?
It is. We have a number of players with monster tags who probably aren't Evil.

So from what I gathered, the most likely players to have killed Persus are:

Egan
Jack
Hector
Jim

Everyone else was doing something or couldn't do anything.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 25, 2022, 06:27:42 pm »

@Lenglon:
Oh you're right, Jack did an action.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 25, 2022, 06:28:41 pm »

@Toony, I'm not interested in finding who killed the Evil right now. They might be able to do it again and I don't want them targeted if that is the case.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 102