Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47956 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1215 on: October 02, 2022, 02:52:28 pm »

You don’t have time to fully mourn yet as you continue to Jim Groovester’s lodge.  You see that he, like Persus13 the day before, has been cut open and had his organs laid out in a meticulous circle.  Searching through his pockets, you find the tattered remains of a Wizard scroll in what amounts to a Witch’s robe.  Combining the secretive magical arts like that, The Elder explains, would be only possible from an Eclectic Witch.
Wait...what?? I didn't read this paragraph clearly when the day started. It does say Wizard and Witch here wtf

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1216 on: October 02, 2022, 02:52:54 pm »

@NQT: I don’t, I just don’t think a Max elimination gains traction as it stands. Which is fine as Jack and No Lynch are at least being considered right now.

PPE: @Toony: my list said there’s 1 Wizard, which is Jim, who was also 1 of the 3 Witches.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 02, 2022, 02:55:00 pm »

Okay so Max is an unknown role, but that still doesn't make them Evil because players like myself and Lenglon have also not been divined by Hector. Although now I'm curious what Max is.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 02, 2022, 03:02:57 pm »

I've heard Toony's (flimsy) reasons for town reading Max, but Vector, Hector, Euchre— why do you think he's legit?
I've got a better idea.

Jack

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 02, 2022, 03:09:31 pm »

Unvote
What's going on now?

Spoiler: N1 actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: N2 actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rolenames (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 02, 2022, 03:19:58 pm »

I've heard Toony's (flimsy) reasons for town reading Max, but Vector, Hector, Euchre— why do you think he's legit?
I've got a better idea.

Jack

Well, I guess I better answer this.

I believe Toony is a Town Vigilante because his Day 2 lead up to the reveal seemed natural. And on Day 3, he admitted to one of the kills without contradiction. He's also claimed Monster Hunter, which implies a killing ability. If Toony we're Mafia, it means Mafia has two kills and we're probably screwed.
Toony could be Third Party, but I'm just not seeing it.
Toony's trying to solve, rather than trying to kill us all off.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 02, 2022, 03:22:11 pm »

Also, only 3.5 hours or so until end of day. And Mafia chooses if we tie.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 02, 2022, 03:26:22 pm »

To clarify: town-sided lies are good and appropriate,  but this constant low level fabrication, avoidance, misdirection. What's it all for?
Honestly, you can do better than this. You keep pushing this line, but what "constant low level fabrication, avoidance, misdirection"? I set up a trap to neutralize a player I thought was anti-town, particularly one nobody wanted to vote out; and I made a joke to cover my d1 vote for you like I've often done. I might be forgetting something, but most of this fabrication is in your head because you don't LIKE the truth I'm saying. Or more accurately, really, you just want to pretend that to justify voting me out.

You don’t have time to fully mourn yet as you continue to Jim Groovester’s lodge.  You see that he, like Persus13 the day before, has been cut open and had his organs laid out in a meticulous circle.  Searching through his pockets, you find the tattered remains of a Wizard scroll in what amounts to a Witch’s robe.  Combining the secretive magical arts like that, The Elder explains, would be only possible from an Eclectic Witch.
Wait...what?? I didn't read this paragraph clearly when the day started. It does say Wizard and Witch here wtf
For the record, I noticed that immediately, but I wanted to softball it to see if hector would screw up. :P
Although now I'm curious what Max is.
But, while I won't tell you so that hector still has the chance to screw up, you can probably tell just by looking at the town roles and thinking hard.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 02, 2022, 03:26:39 pm »

Can you find the hints I dropped in D1 as well Jack??

There's at least two.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 02, 2022, 03:28:04 pm »

Can you find the hints I dropped in D1 as well Jack??

There's at least two.
I saw 'em

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #1225 on: October 02, 2022, 03:30:06 pm »

There also seems to be a team of "Monsters".

The "Monsters" are only suggested in flavortext,
Did Max give up on this idea? I'd forgotten he said this.
Oh, I forgot I wanted to respond to this.

It's still true. What more is there to say? I was told in my opening flavor that monsters were causing problems. I'm not even sure which monsters it means at this point, but the mafia are the obvious choice.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 02, 2022, 03:31:15 pm »

@4mask:
Very funny. I'm happy you aren't claiming TP (because I'd kill ya), but are aware of last Supernatural enough to vote me. Your playfulness is neutral in my eyes. You would do this as town or scum.

Monsters eh...there's a lot of players in this game so I'd wager 3 or 4 non-good players if I could read my cards right.

I can't think of an interesting icebreaker so I'm gonna ask Knightwing a question.

Knightwing, how was your morning today?

One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 02, 2022, 03:32:39 pm »

Although now I'm curious what Max is.
But, while I won't tell you so that hector still has the chance to screw up, you can probably tell just by looking at the town roles and thinking hard.
Yeah I think I could make a good guess.

One
The hunt begins.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 02, 2022, 03:34:57 pm »

@Persus13:
Given that you've played at least 7 out of the 10 regular Supernatural games, what's your favorite moment from those, and what's a mistake you hope not to repeat for this game?
Oh right...

As for mistakes I don't wish to repeat, some of them are out of my control, like if there's one mafia that converts a vig tonight I'm just going to be mad because finding one scum is annoyingly hard already with so many players and then the extra kill power would push me beyond upset. I don't think Web would do that, but he'd maybe subvert it in some way. There's a lot of Monster stuff going on here.

If we had listened to Luckyowl on D1 of Supernatural 10 and lynched Web we would have been most likely victorious, but we didn't. So maybe I need to take into account even the most inexperienced player's opinion for success. I can't be too dismissive of things that are actually possible, especially when a lynch is happily going through and nobody but the person being lynched is doing anything. Contentment is probably our demise.

Toony: I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that you are correct, and that it wasn't a concern after all, but I did not know that at the time, and thought that the Good players might only be a sub-faction of town, which would require protection. At the time of Jack's question, they were lacking the same information I was, and so I remain concerned about their questioning, but it is currently only a cause for mild suspicion, as I said to Knightwing earlier.
If you can help find Good just as much as Evil that would be appreciated, Lenglon.
Two?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 02, 2022, 03:39:28 pm »

Two?
You could say that counts, yeah. Not one I was thinking of though.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 102