Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47937 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1200 on: October 02, 2022, 01:11:31 pm »

@Hector:
Why didn't you vote on D2?

I was going to vote Egan but felt other players wanted to explore the space a bit more so held off lest someone hammer unexpectedly. I mentioned that a couple of times, pretty sure.

Hector: could you walk me through the case for no-lynch?

I have a suspicion that there’s only 1 block between Jack and Max, which means they can only block one person out of me and NQT.

Jack “speculating” that my lists are a passive ability (it isn’t, but that’s not the point) seemed to be part of him moving his vote to me but I think is him realizing I can prove he doesn’t have a block, and I’m hoping NQT has something that can prove that too, possibly the redirect you copied and gave to Jack, or destroying a corpse? As I say, I’m pretty sure they can only block one of us.

It will thus prove he didn’t do what he said he did on N1, and was able to perform the NK on that night.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1201 on: October 02, 2022, 01:11:39 pm »

I mean just look at the way Jack was trying to justify moving his vote from a no lynch to me; he first started by “clearing” Vector with a long, busy-work post even though he himself just said he thinks Vector is town.
I'm more willing to believe Jack is with Vector than Max. I didn't really look into it as much because of time.

No lynch is okay, but I'm really itching to catch Evil. If you're Evil I was probably shooting NQT. How about I let you decide who I shoot if you're Good?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 02, 2022, 01:22:45 pm »

If you're correct Hector and Jack/Max are Evil then it's just the two Evil left, even if you die today and they're forced to block and kill me tonight, that leaves 4 players against their 2 and we can vote off Jack and Max successfully for game. Max probably has a res but it still works out.

D4 - four Good two Evil
Lynch Jack
Max kills someone

D5 - three Good one Evil
Lynch Max, he res's
Max kills someone

D6 - two good one Evil
Lynch Max for game

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 02, 2022, 01:25:54 pm »

If you're correct Hector and Jack/Max are Evil then it's just the two Evil left, even if you die today and they're forced to block and kill me tonight, that leaves 4 players against their 2 and we can vote off Jack and Max successfully for game. Max probably has a res but it still works out.

D4 - four Good two Evil
Lynch Jack
Max kills someone

D5 - three Good one Evil
Lynch Max, he res's
Max kills someone

D6 - two good one Evil
Lynch Max for game
Doesn't work. You have to assume KW is of questionable alignment. If the only Good people left are me (Neutral that wins with Good) and Knightwing (questionable alignment) Evil likely wins.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 02, 2022, 01:30:41 pm »

I don't think KW is of questionable alignment?

KW is against Max too, he should be willing to vote Max on a D6 that involves Lenglon/KW/Max.

Although I just realized that Good doesn't win there if Lenglon and KW are both Neutral since at least one Good player needs to be alive...so nobody would win since Evil will all die and Good are all dead. Unless the Evil players don't care about Neutral players hanging around, I don't know their exact wincon. I think I'm okay with that because I don't think that's the case and it would be very fun if true.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 02, 2022, 01:41:54 pm »

I'm a little less miserabilist than I was last night. I've given it some thought and I had some questions. Some of this stuff was probably established but I missed it. I've been a bit lousy with reading carefully this game. So let me know:

- While Vector is likely to claim that their mason chat meant they knew each other were town... a scum!Vector is still a possibility. Having three town witches is a bit much.
- On that note, Max deciding that his earlier certainty of there being an Evil witch was probably nothing is a big red flag for me. You're all convinced that Max is town (somehow) but if he is then where does that leave KW?
- If it's MYLO then we no lynch, and hope that Toony doesn't decide to murder any more town? (And isn't, you know, a serial killer himself. I don't think he is but it's still a possibility.)
- I don't see the Hector argument? He has claimed a confirmable action every night so it can't be based on action economy (which, in a world where double acting is possible, is a suspect argument anyway).
- Euchre's claims today were pretty weird. He said he was trying to catch someone in a trap, but it comes across as hollow.

1. Does this post look like Evil to you? This is when Max is the leading wagon and gives some information since they don't expect to be back alive.
No, he's trying to get the wagon off of him and baiting KW into targeting him at night so that he gets powers. Come on, Max even admitted this later.

2. Max seems to be the Wizard, Jack can confirm the superblock that Max has. Is it likely for a Wizard to be Evil?
Jim was the wizard according to Hector just now. And any town role can be Evil, you know that! There have even been Wizards on scum teams before!

3. Max chooses not to vote to save themselves here. Just like Good!Egan in this game. Just like town!Me in Supernatural 10.
He didn't die though did he. Players don't get in the thread or choose to ride things out all the time. And for all we know, he has a revive or some other solo Evil bullshit.

This is serious weaksauce. These can't be your real reasons.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 02, 2022, 01:51:56 pm »

So, I was thinking about the question of whether it is likely that Vector is scum.

It seems to me, that if Vector was scum on a Neighbor chat with Town!Jim, then shooting Jim makes little sense, unless Jim was starting to get suspicious. Since it seems like Jim was convinced Vector was Town, I think scum!Vector would have killed someone else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 02, 2022, 01:52:12 pm »

No, he's trying to get the wagon off of him and baiting KW into targeting him at night so that he gets powers. Come on, Max even admitted this later.
Don't just blatantly lie. I said no such thing. I set up KW just in case I survived, but I genuinely expected not to and all the information that would matter if I were dead (since me being converted wouldn't matter if I were dead!) was true.

- On that note, Max deciding that his earlier certainty of there being an Evil witch was probably nothing is a big red flag for me. You're all convinced that Max is town (somehow) but if he is then where does that leave KW?
I very specifically did not say Evil. Perhaps my choice of words was unwise, but Knightwing clearly is an evil devil-farming soul-stealing witch. I'm pretty sure he's neutral, but I no longer care because I took away his imp.

- Euchre's claims today were pretty weird. He said he was trying to catch someone in a trap, but it comes across as hollow.
This actually made me think he's town MORE. Town EuchreJack has more bad ideas.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 02, 2022, 02:08:53 pm »

@NQT:
- If it's MYLO then we no lynch, and hope that Toony doesn't decide to murder any more town? (And isn't, you know, a serial killer himself. I don't think he is but it's still a possibility.)
It's only mylo if there's three Evil left. I don't think I'm murdering any more town at night at this point.

I could agree with this. I don't like how Jack claimed they targeted Vector last night. This makes me suspicious of Jack working with Vector.

@Jack:
So, I was thinking about the question of whether it is likely that Vector is scum.

It seems to me, that if Vector was scum on a Neighbor chat with Town!Jim, then shooting Jim makes little sense, unless Jim was starting to get suspicious. Since it seems like Jim was convinced Vector was Town, I think scum!Vector would have killed someone else.
Yeah but who? Vector knows Jim is protecting me so who's the next best kill after me or Jim?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 02, 2022, 02:20:33 pm »

@Jack:

Yeah but who? Vector knows Jim is protecting me so who's the next best kill after me or Jim?
Knightwing is either an unknown variable, or likely to sheep you.

I think keeping NQT/Max/Jack alive makes sense for scum! Vector.

I also think you're missing something from Day 2, if you are considering linking me & Vector.

The dialog between myself (Jack) and Max means that either it's true, or you need to link me with Max.

The fact NQT hasn't figured that out has me suspicious of NQT.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 02, 2022, 02:34:09 pm »

That doesn’t answer the question, unless Scum!Vector kills someone that has claimed being able to kill people that accept their deals, and doesn’t kill you or Max, people who have claimed blocks that mess up the scum kill?

Apparently people can have more than 1 role on my lists. Probably should’ve noticed that before now, but that’s what happens when I get sick and distracted.

It does mean we at least know Max, despite Toony saying he was a Wizard all day and not disputing it, is not a Wizard.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #1211 on: October 02, 2022, 02:39:12 pm »

There also seems to be a team of "Monsters".

The "Monsters" are only suggested in flavortext,
Did Max give up on this idea? I'd forgotten he said this.

Okay, Max does claim that KW is Neutral. I'd forgotten this what with all the times he bandied around the phrase "evil witch".

Uh. Knightwing64 then.

I literally already told you guys that the Summoner is evil (although not Evil but a third-party, but definitely a bad guy).

So let's get this out of the way now.

I mean, Knightwing, I know for a fact that your alignment isn't Good. It's listed in my role.

Ppe: Max when have you not been lying in this game?? If you're not a wizard then what?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 02, 2022, 02:45:16 pm »

To clarify: town-sided lies are good and appropriate,  but this constant low level fabrication, avoidance, misdirection. What's it all for?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 02, 2022, 02:48:14 pm »

I've heard Toony's (flimsy) reasons for town reading Max, but Vector, Hector, Euchre— why do you think he's legit?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 02, 2022, 02:49:18 pm »

@Jack:
@Jack:

Knightwing is either an unknown variable, or likely to sheep you.
I think killing Knightwing would be really stupid as Evil.

I also think you're missing something from Day 2, if you are considering linking me & Vector.

The dialog between myself (Jack) and Max means that either it's true, or you need to link me with Max.

The fact NQT hasn't figured that out has me suspicious of NQT.
No I don't. You could have copied Max's block on N1 while killing Persus. I'm not saying that's impossible.

I'm not going to argue that Vector's D1 ability is what killed Persus, as Persus magically getting sliced open that night is stupid and I know Vector didn't go anywhere on N1 which means they couldn't have sliced open Persus either.

My Evil!Jack theory is that you protected Vector last night in the off chance I decided to shoot Vector. I don't currently believe this is true, but I'm more convinced you're with Vector than Max if Evil.

@Hector:
It does mean we at least know Max, despite Toony saying he was a Wizard all day and not disputing it, is not a Wizard.
Why isn't Max a Wizard? Wizards get blocks in Supernatural.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 102