Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Statuary and Details Mode  (Read 1121 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Statuary and Details Mode
« on: September 12, 2022, 08:45:07 pm »

Hi all, I've been out of the game for a few years and now it seems that statues turn out random, even when you specifically request an image of (say) a deity.  I have tried several times to request statues of specific deities for areas of my fort (god of learning for the library, etc.) and it worked once... the other four times I ended up with images of some random goblin, an elf, a forgotten beast... none of them even mentioned the deity.  Is there a workaround for this?  Thanks in advance!
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Statuary and Details Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 08:49:39 pm »

Statues of Gods cause the artist to pick any event related to that god to build a statue of.

Usually this is "curses Urist to wander the night as a were-ass" or other such godly things. But sometimes it's "Mr McNobody wrote  a book" which seems unrelated but when you check Legends you'll see that it's "wrote a book after seeing a vision of the god in a dream" or some such nonsense. Which of course flags as "god-related".

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 09:20:21 pm »

That happens when you make the image "Related to a historical figure."

The workaround is to specify a new image of the desired god (which can be used later as many times as you want).
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 12:18:04 am »

That happens when you make the image "Related to a historical figure."

The workaround is to specify a new image of the desired god (which can be used later as many times as you want).

what Loam said. I suggest posing gods and goddesses amongst various symbols of their respective spheres . . and be careful where you install these statues.  :D

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 07:26:53 am »

Awesome, thanks all!
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.