Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Battlefield 2  (Read 6172 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Battlefield 2
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2022, 05:26:29 pm »

I play another one of these guys:

My first beetle brood splits.
The Mystery Ghost and first Beetle Brood attack your refinery. The three Beetle Broods gain one heart each. Naglfar attacks your Restless Spirit. The Big Friendly Ghost attacks your Pacigunwife, which does no damage in return since it would have destroyed the card.

"Don" Emil Rege: 17/20 Hearts. Stars: 1. In play: Mystery Ghost 1a/4h, Big Friendly Ghost 2a/1h, Naglfar 3a/1h, Beetle Brood 1a/2h, Beetle Brood 1a/2h (copy), Beetle Brood 1a/3h
Gruscilla the Bog Witch: 20/20 Hearts ; 4 star. In play: Enkephalin Refinery 0a/0h, Ghost eel #1 2a/2h [flipped], Ghost eel #2 2a/2h [flipped], Pacifist Gunslinger Waifu 10a/5h, Restless Spirit 3a/0h.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2022, 02:44:45 am »

(Forgot to put the skiff in the list of cards, but its still in play. Shouldn't change anything.)

"Now it's time to behold my true power...

First I banish a Ghost Eel from my hand (yes I have a lot of these), to emerge if Pacifist Gun Waifu leaves play. Because a card was banished, I can play all of my WARP Recovery Crew.

And now I have no cards in my hand. First I destroy Naglfar with my Stygian Skiff (which shuffles the skiff back into the deck). Then an eel flips up and attacks the first beetle brood, defeating it. Then a second eel flips and attacks the second brood, also defeating it.

"Don" Emil Rege: 17/20 Hearts. Stars: 1. In play: Mystery Ghost 1a/4h, Big Friendly Ghost 2a/1h, Naglfar 3a/1h, Beetle Brood 1a/2h, Beetle Brood 1a/2h, Beetle Brood 1a/3h
Gruscilla the Bog Witch: 20/20 Hearts ; 4 star. In play: Ghost eel #1 2a/1h, Ghost eel #2 2a/1h, Pacifist Gunslinger Waifu 10a/5h, Warp Recover Crew 2a/1h #1, Warp Recover Crew 2a/1h #2.
Banished Zone: Ghost Eel #3 2a/2h (trigger: PGW death)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2022, 02:56:26 am »

Beetle Brood splits and attacks your wife, bringing it down to 4h.

1, 3, 7, 7, 3, 7, 3, 1, 7

"Don" Emil Rege: 17/20 Hearts. Stars: 7. In play: Mystery Ghost 1a/3h, Big Friendly Ghost 2a/0h, Beetle Brood 1a/0h, Beetle Brood 1a/0h
Gruscilla the Bog Witch: 20/20 Hearts ; 4 star. In play: Ghost eel #1 2a/0h, Ghost eel #2 2a/0h, Pacifist Gunslinger Waifu 10a/1h, Warp Recover Crew 2a/0h #1, Warp Recover Crew 2a/0h #2.
Banished Zone: Ghost Eel #3 2a/2h (trigger: PGW death)
Wow, can't believe that worked perfectly. I was really hoping not to hit 7 on your wife and trigger the banishment. :P

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2022, 03:36:30 am »

I knew that was a possibility, but I forgot it also gave you stars. Not good.

OK, I will spend 2 stars and use the region power to bring two grey cards back from the dead into my hand. I will bring back Card Caster (whose background counts as grey because it banished a Ghost Eel), and a Restless Spirit. Then:

Banish a Restless Spirit, to also trigger when PGW dies.

On Banishment, the card I drew this turn gets played... another Warp Recover Crew!

I don't attack, so it's your turn.

"Don" Emil Rege: 17/20 Hearts. Stars: 7. In play: Mystery Ghost 1a/3h,
Gruscilla the Bog Witch: 20/20 Hearts ; 2 star. In play: Pacifist Gunslinger Waifu 10a/1h, Warp Recover Crew 2a/1h
Banished Zone: Ghost Eel #3 2a/2h (trigger: PGW death), Restless Spirit 3a/1h (trigger: PGW death).

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2022, 03:54:48 am »

... since cards that are banished into play come into play immediately, would a meteor storm that destroys the banishing card still be going on and hit those cards too? That's what makes most sense to me because I think of proceeding through the cards rolling the damage in order (like I just did), but I could also see a ruling that the meteor storm takes place in one simultaneous instant and anything that is brought into play comes in after it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2022, 03:59:38 am »

Your storm specifies "all cards in play", and banished cards are not in play when that triggers so should be immune to the effect. (Otherwise what would be the point in Card Caster if not as a work around for global effects?)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2022, 07:39:29 am »

Meteor Storm would not affect cards that enter play after it is played.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2022, 10:29:23 am »

Yeah, that's fair.

That's the Warp Crew out.

For the record, I can stall you for long enough that I feel comfortable calling this a draw if you want. I'm fine to keep going too, but I feel like neither of us can quite overthrow the other for at least... a while.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2022, 10:47:48 am »

Supernerd, I am happy to call this battle a draw, if that's allowed. We're evenly matched.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2022, 12:21:03 pm »

If both players want a draw, then you can do that. In this case control of the territory becomes neutral. You may want to keep going until another battle concludes, but that’s your call.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2022, 03:04:08 pm »

Gruscilla shakes the Don's hand.

"A draw... for now! I look forward to facing off against you very soon..."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2022, 03:34:04 pm »

Gruscilla shakes the Don's hand.

"A draw... for now! I look forward to facing off against you very soon..."
The Don returns the shake with a firm nod.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2022, 03:43:16 pm »

- When a game ends here, each player may choose three of their cards in their graveyard. The next time their team battles in this region, they will be in their graveyard at the start of the game.

Gruscilla the Bog Witch chooses Ghost Eel, Ghost Eel and Ghost Eel to appear in the graveyard.

(I had exactly three in the graveyard.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2022, 04:18:57 pm »

- When a game ends here, each player may choose three of their cards in their graveyard. The next time their team battles in this region, they will be in their graveyard at the start of the game.

Gruscilla the Bog Witch chooses Ghost Eel, Ghost Eel and Ghost Eel to appear in the graveyard.

(I had exactly three in the graveyard.)
(Spooky.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2022, 04:25:23 pm »

I'll take Meteor Shower, Meteor Shower, and Naglfar.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11