Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: hat mafia also: the mafia-themed accidental bastard - Stalemate (?)  (Read 15144 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: hat mafia also: the mafia-themed accidental bastard - Day 2 [7/8]
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2022, 03:14:20 pm »

Now that it's Day 1, and we are clearly not willing to go for a Everyone-Wins strat, it's time for everyone to fullclaim.

I started the game with the Gibus

Last night I attempted to Mug Toonyman for his hat. This is because I believed that he had the Vigi hat based on Max's claim yesterday here:

By the way, Lenglon: I know it looks like there might be a certain uncontrolled variable in the plan, but there actually isn't. It's sewn up. I assume you will understand what this means.
which was repeated here when I was pushing for a Toonyman lynch:
Or do we just defenestrate the cavemen? Can we defenestrate the cavemen?
I mean, we can. But if we do, the thing that I previously said was sewn up becomes a risk again, and it becomes a matter of chance which side gets it. That would then decide the game. Of course, we could ALL go for it, setting off my hat and causing Ragnarok. I'm up for that too. Hatnarok would at least be a funny end.

However, when I attempted to do this, I encountered other people attempting the same thing, and I was not the person who ended up with the vigi hat.

additionally, my Gibus was stolen from me last night, and as a result I am currently hatless.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2022, 03:20:17 pm »

My understanding is if we hit the last scum player today, town wins right? It doesn't matter whether or not it's Hatlo, as the game should end today when we chuck... Toony?

Or was that Max misdirection?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2022, 03:21:11 pm »

Egan, what's the resolution of results. Would the player holding the Giblus hat be notified if they were targeted with a power hat?

Actually reading it, I would have received a copy of the hat. So, does the steal go off before the other?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2022, 03:23:35 pm »

Bear in mind that during my scuffle with others about who got to Mug toonyman, the winner of the scuffle steals one hat from all the others involved.

Egan: If someone gets into a Mug-scuffle and loses, and someone else also attempts to mug that person, who gets the hat?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2022, 03:25:04 pm »

also: Egan: if a mug-scuffle occurs, does the group's target still end up being mugged?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2022, 03:25:51 pm »

Thank you Egan. Seems they forgot that, so they did have it beforehand.

In case it isn't clear, I'm going for town-win, not hat-win. Last night I used the Doctor hat on Lenglon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2022, 03:25:58 pm »

Bear in mind that during my scuffle with others about who got to Mug toonyman, the winner of the scuffle steals one hat from all the others involved.

Egan: If someone gets into a Mug-scuffle and loses, and someone else also attempts to mug that person, who gets the hat?

Special case cuz I didn't play that through. Non-scuffle steal happens earlier.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2022, 03:28:06 pm »

also: Egan: if a mug-scuffle occurs, does the group's target still end up being mugged?
Yes. So three muggers on one target is enough to instantly end the game, assuming that the original target and the other victims all have hats to steal.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2022, 03:28:35 pm »

At the moment we need to figure out who the last mafia is, otherwise the hat tyrant will rise tonight. Probably. Don't even need to successfully steal from me, they'd just get a new hat no matter the result.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2022, 03:31:10 pm »

NQT: yesterday you were unsure about my attempt to push Toonyman, today you are suggesting it. What changed your mind overnight?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: hat mafia also: the mafia-themed hat simulator - Day 1 [8/8]
« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2022, 03:34:19 pm »

OK Jim, Knightwing64, ToonyMan and TricMagic— Max has soft-claimed being mafia:

Max: I am currently assuming you have the crown and your partner is avoiding the current discussion so you won't have all your eggs in one basket.
By the way, Lenglon: I know it looks like there might be a certain uncontrolled variable in the plan, but there actually isn't. It's sewn up. I assume you will understand what this means.
NQT: Are you his partner?

I know you might be tempted to give into the scheme wherein each night one person becomes a mafia-ally. But what's to stop the mafia just launching the last town player at the end of the game? You should play to win, and most of you are town so let's win by getting rid of Max and then his partner.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2022, 03:36:04 pm »

At the moment we need to figure out who the last mafia is, otherwise the hat tyrant will rise tonight. Probably. Don't even need to successfully steal from me, they'd just get a new hat no matter the result.
Not true. one of the nearly-hat-tyrant's hats is the Gibus already, and you can't have two of them. Only way to get multiple hats in a single night is mug-scuffle or Gibus. So if everyone who still has a hat turtles, the nearly-hat-tyrant can't reach 4 hats.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2022, 03:43:16 pm »

Everyone claim what hat you started with:

Lenglon: Gibus
Tric: Doctor
Max: Murder Crown

everyone else has not claimed.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2022, 03:43:30 pm »

That only applies if there was only one person to get an extra. Gravedigging would protect you from the murder crown and get you your second hat.

Wait, it is four hats needed. So how are we at hatlo day 2..

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2022, 03:45:43 pm »

We're at hatlo because of the mug-scuffle I was in and lost. I know who else was in it but I think they're town and don't want a target on their back for having three hats.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22