Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: hat mafia also: the mafia-themed accidental bastard - Stalemate (?)  (Read 15182 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: hat mafia also: the mafia-themed accidental bastard - Day 1 [8/8]
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2022, 07:42:50 pm »

Pfp explain why you want to launch Toony over Max. I'm not sure why I would go along with a plan endorsed by someone I am voting...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2022, 07:49:39 pm »

NQT, I'm keeping two strings on my bow right now. I am comfortable winning as town, but am also comfortable winning with everyone. If Max is launched, Chaos faction gains majority, and the final mafia will be effectively unlynchable because the chaos faction wants to extend the game as long as possible in an attempt to get a Hat Tyrant win and they will have majority at that point. If instead of the two mafia members, the one voted out is the mafia member inside the Chaos faction, then Order maintains majority and both non-hat-tyrant objectives remain within reach. Additionally, it furthers our Town wincon to vote out mafia members, which from your perspective is the only wincon and from my perspective is an approximately equal wincon. So you get what you want - a voted out maf, and I get what I want - a voted out Chaos. Tomorrow is tomorrow, but voting out Tooney (the mafia chaos) will help us both more than any other lynch (including no-lynch) at this time.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2022, 07:52:45 pm »

To much word. Think hard, vote Max? Max bad. We good

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2022, 08:23:30 pm »

NQT, I'm keeping two strings on my bow right now. I am comfortable winning as town, but am also comfortable winning with everyone. If Max is launched, Chaos faction gains majority, and the final mafia will be effectively unlynchable because the chaos faction wants to extend the game as long as possible in an attempt to get a Hat Tyrant win and they will have majority at that point. If instead of the two mafia members, the one voted out is the mafia member inside the Chaos faction, then Order maintains majority and both non-hat-tyrant objectives remain within reach. Additionally, it furthers our Town wincon to vote out mafia members, which from your perspective is the only wincon and from my perspective is an approximately equal wincon. So you get what you want - a voted out maf, and I get what I want - a voted out Chaos. Tomorrow is tomorrow, but voting out Tooney (the mafia chaos) will help us both more than any other lynch (including no-lynch) at this time.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2022, 08:25:23 pm »

To much word. Think hard, vote Max? Max bad. We good
Less word good.

Me vote player

Me no vote self

Me no vote no one

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2022, 08:43:16 pm »

Rankings

Hat Tyrant me
Town Chaos most loyal followers
Mafia Chaos also okay
Town Order need to go
Mafia Order really want go

Reads

Tooney - Hat Tyrant

Knightwing - Town Chaos, good player prove worth
Tric - Town Chaos, knows what they want

NQT - Town Order, they Give good direction but will need to eliminate

Jim - Null, what are they Into

Max - Mafia Order, Desire death
Lenglon - Mafia Order?, must die
Fallacy - Mafia Order?, must die

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2022, 09:57:44 pm »

Quote from: vote!

notquitethere  0
Jim Groovester 0
Lenglon        1 TricMagic
Knightwing64   0
Maximum Spin   3 notquitethere, ToonyMan, Knightwing64
FallacyofUrist 0
ToonyMan       1 Lenglon
TricMagic      0
No Elimination 1 FallacyofUrist

Not Voting: Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin

5 Hammers 🔨

Voting ends Thursday the 15th, 9:00 PM EST

Updated vote count just cuz I should be going to bed soon. Remains to be seen whether I will or not.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2022, 09:59:21 pm »

So if I understand the game so far a game breaking strategy has been identified but it requires perfect cooperation from the entire player base in order to sequentially convert every player into a mafia ally before killing people off to trigger the mafia win condition (with special consideration needing to be taken regarding the current claimant of the mafia crown hat and the doctor hat in order to make sure people don't accidentally die from the mafia crown hat awakening from corrupt actions and randomly mafia killing on its own), and already people have committed not to follow along with the kumbaya everybody wins ending because they're dweebs who have decided to play to their current win condition or ambitious players who want to become the sole hat tyrant, and in response to this the kumbaya ending group has advocated for eliminating the dissenters to the kumbaya plan in a somewhat ironic but certainly amusing twist.

There is a lot to comment here regarding the ethics and philosophy of playing a mafia game. If a group of players come together to participate in a game of mafia, then the assumption should be that each of them want to participate in a fair contest where each of them are making a good faith effort to play according to the rules and that they are making a good faith effort to play to win. Depending on the game and the moderator there may not be an explicit rule that stipulates that players must play according to the win condition they have received at the start of the game, but in keeping with the goal of participation in a group contest and in the interest of good sportsmanship, it should not be a stretch to say that players should play according to their win condition. However, depending on the mechanics of the game being played, playing to win and playing according to the win condition received at the start of the game may not necessarily be the same.

We find ourselves with an ethical question, though in the larger scheme of things a rather insignificant and inconsequential one. Which is the more ethical and more sportsmanlike path for the player of a mafia game? In games where changes of win conditions are possible, is it acceptable for a player to play in a manner that advances an eventual change to his win condition? What criteria should be used to judge whether this is acceptable or not? There are a range of potential considerations that make such judgments difficult. If the intent of the game is that players change their alignment in pursuit of victory, then clearly it is sportsmanlike to pursue such a path. But what of games where pursuing alignment changes is not intended? While players must follow the rules and should be good sportsmen, they are not obligated to play according to the intent of the mechanics as created by the moderator of the game. If it is more efficient for a player to seek victory by changing his win condition, and there is no rule preventing him from doing so, is he being unsportsmanlike or, rather, being creative?

Opinions will differ, but for this game in particular, should it be considered unsportsmanlike to seek a mafia victory by converting the win condition of all players to mafia allies through the creative use of available game mechanics? If the player's alignment is town, the player would not be playing according to his win condition to do so, but if he had cooperation from all members of his team to execute this plan, is it unsportsmanlike? The player would not be compromising the victory of his team in pursuit of the player's own victory in this case. What if the player is mafia? Exercising a plan to allow all players victory would require revealing themselves to the rest of the players as mafia, which in normal circumstances would make a conventional victory extraordinarily difficult and severely hamper the rest of the mafia team's ability to secure a conventional victory, but would result in an eventual mafia victory. The only unsportsmanlike act, in this instance, would seem to be denying the moderator the game they wished to run and expected to moderate.

While the question of sportsmanship in mafia games may not be may not be easily resolved for circumstances like these, the most effective method to assure that a player's victory is tightly bound to achievement of the player's win condition is prevention. By carefully constructing rules and game mechanics, the moderator can ensure that players play the game of mafia as all parties involved expect and that each player's duty to be sportsmanlike is apparent and clear.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin sem justo, rhoncus feugiat pharetra quis, dictum ac orci. Nam tortor est, consectetur mollis aliquam ut, interdum eu est. Proin aliquet sem a venenatis congue. Donec finibus metus id dictum viverra. Nam condimentum ligula eget nisi ornare tempus. Mauris eu porta est. Maecenas elit tortor, euismod quis facilisis eu, vestibulum vitae tortor. Quisque imperdiet, ex ac rutrum cursus, dolor mi ultrices augue, in sodales orci velit at dui.

Pellentesque tincidunt ex massa, nec venenatis nisl tristique vel. Nunc vitae turpis ut sapien vestibulum tempus. Nullam luctus maximus orci, non pellentesque arcu fermentum ut. Nam quis metus pharetra, viverra neque eget, aliquet ex. Mauris cursus nisl sit amet quam convallis, a interdum tellus rutrum. In convallis varius ex, a laoreet nisl maximus maximus. Suspendisse a justo tempor nibh bibendum gravida sit amet vitae nibh. Phasellus tellus ipsum, porta sit amet fringilla ac, cursus quis mi. In accumsan nunc ut tincidunt viverra. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Sed vel vulputate enim, at dapibus leo.

Why you want rail for Kalashnikov? Is not good enough as procured from Izhevsk Mechanical Works? You think needs improvement? Then maybe you find job with army of Russia! You have drinks with Mikhail Kalashnikov, trade story of many weapons designed and details of school for engineering!

Or maybe you not do this. Probably is because you never design weapon in whole life. You look at fine Russian rifle, think it need crazy shit stick on all sides of weapon. You have disease of American capitalist, change thing that is fine for no reason except to look different from comrade. You put cheap flashlight of Chinese slave factory on one side, you put bad scope of American middle west on other side, you put front pistol grip on bottom so you are like American movie guy John Rambo. Maybe you put sex dildo on top to fuck yourself in asshole for making shameful travesty of rifle of Mikhail Kalashnikov, no?

Rifle is fine. You fuck it, it only get heavy and you still no hit largest side of barn. Go to firing range, practice with many magazine of cartridge. Then you not need dumb shit put on side of rifle.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

John Stalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
John was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad "I want to be on the ships daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the UAC he knew there were demons.
"This is Joson" the radio crackered. "You must fight the demons!"
So John gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the demons
"I will shoot at him" said the cyberdemon and he fired the rocket missiles. John plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the demons" he shouted
The radio said "No, John. You are the demons"
And then John was a zombie.

But to sum it all up, I just want to play an honest game of mafia, and it looks like I'm denied that this game since at least one mafia has already been revealed, and if I wanted to pursue the everybody wins ending I am denied that as well due to players being committed to oppose it, and therefore there is only one win condition left I can genuinely pursue in this game, and for that reason I choose to desire hats.

Spoiler: Hat mafia: A visual (click to show/hide)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2022, 10:00:06 pm »

Maximum Spin.

Come on let's hammer him so I can get his hat.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2022, 10:22:07 pm »

Anyways, you might notice that the only way to change your wincon in this game is to do it yourself. Sure, it's possible that you make that choice on accident, but it's also possible to gun for it intentionally. So it would be reasonable to assume that changing your alignment on purpose is on some level intentional.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2022, 10:23:26 pm »

notquitethere  0
Jim Groovester 0
Lenglon        1 TricMagic
Knightwing64   0
Maximum Spin   4 notquitethere, ToonyMan, Knightwing64, Jim Groovester
FallacyofUrist 0
ToonyMan       1 Lenglon
TricMagic      0
No Elimination 1 FallacyofUrist

Not Voting: Maximum Spin

5 Hammers 🔨

Voting ends Thursday the 15th, 9:00 PM EST

One off hammer. Dewit.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2022, 10:44:41 pm »

NQT, we're going to need all the help we can get tomorrow to get the last maf lynched.

Maximum Spin 🔨
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: hat mafia also: the mafia-themed accidental bastard - Night 1 [8/8]
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2022, 10:52:55 pm »

Maximum Spin is ambushed by a hammer from behind! His head is sent sailing several meters where it squishes in the grass. And his Crown falls from his head, calling for a new master...

Maximum Spin perishes to Elimination.
His Alignment is Mafia.

Quote from: Maximum Spin's hat
Murder Crown
A pure golden crown with a menacing aura. The one who wears it sees visions of the Hat Baron and is filled with a murderous rage...
If your alignment is Town, it becomes Mafia Ally permanently upon obtaining this hat.
Mafiakill: Select a Player. That player dies at night.

It is now Night 1. Please send in night actions. If you don't want to do anything, send "Turtle".

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: hat mafia also: the mafia-themed accidental bastard - Day 2 [7/8]
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2022, 03:09:09 pm »

A new morning dawns over Teufort, now with one fewer soul than the last morning. However, everyone survived the night.
Perhaps the terror is over? Or perhaps not.
The precise events of the past night are unclear, for the time being. Will they spell salvation, or doom?

notquitethere  0
Jim Groovester 0
Lenglon        0
Knightwing64   0
FallacyofUrist 0
ToonyMan       0
TricMagic      0
No Elimination 0

Not Voting: Maximum Spin, notquitethere, ToonyMan Knightwing64, Jim Groovester, FallacyofUrist, Lenglon, TricMagic

4 Hammers 🔨

Voting ends Saturday the 17th, 4:00 PM EST

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: hat mafia also: the mafia-themed accidental bastard - Day 2 [7/8]
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2022, 03:13:16 pm »

Dangit, I knew I was forgetting something.

Today is Hatlo! Eliminate the hat-pretender or weep!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22