Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: UNREAL AmeriPol Thread  (Read 711 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
UNREAL AmeriPol Thread
« on: September 05, 2022, 04:52:49 pm »

An ACTUAL forum to discuss AMERICAN Political issues, by an American, for Americans.
Where you can express opinions without getting shouted down and harassed, even if they're not 100% Liberal Approved.

Trying to create a non-echo chamber, although I fear it might just create two echo chambers.

Mostly just a statement about the poor state of affairs of the current AmeriPol thread.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: REAL AmeriPol Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 04:59:43 pm »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 05:00:22 pm »

How many threads do you need to export drama to, ffs?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 05:03:44 pm »

All views are accepted here!

If you don't post in them, they're more likely to sink into the Ether.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 05:06:29 pm »

All views are accepted here!

If you don't post in them, they're more likely to sink into the Ether.
Uh huh. If you act like an adult maybe you’ll be treated like one.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 05:08:29 pm »

I see only two possible outcomes of this course of action: threadlocks and/or b&s
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 05:50:52 pm »

This forum is going to hell. Maybe its all the political junk going on. Got the russian vs ukraine drama, ameripol drama and its getting dragged over to other games where people just troll various games. Whether deserved or not I dunno, but multiple games been getting trolled there by angry political users from over here in off topic. And I'm not talking about one single game, even aurora4x gets hate on. Like there used to be WAY more positivity on bay12

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2022, 05:53:36 pm »

I now know why almost all discord rooms, and almost all forums and most social media ban any political discussions. It gets dragged everywhere by angry people outside the discussions and then too much drama is caused by them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 06:02:59 pm »

You know, I used to run the so-called Chill and Relaxed Progressive Rage Thread here, on /bay/, a site which hosts a game called Liberal Crime Squad. We got raided by Reddit. The thread explicitly cited my handle.

From a fake American to a real one: take a deep breath, bud.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2022, 06:08:11 pm »

I now know why almost all discord rooms, and almost all forums and most social media ban any political discussions. It gets dragged everywhere by angry people outside the discussions and then too much drama is caused by them.
I wish they did. I'm yet to see any that would.  ::) What's up with games, though? Don't think i have seen any imported filth in Other Games since Cataclysm.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 06:37:19 pm by MCreeper »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2022, 06:34:04 pm »

posted cringe
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2022, 06:42:09 pm »

Basically just trying to make a point with this thread.

Ironically, it looks like there is some meaningful discussion going on. So I'll avoid locking it until it wraps up.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2022, 07:03:10 pm »

The point being you’re the victim of a libtard conspiracy to silence dissenting viewpoints?

That you don’t think non-Americans living in America are allowed an opinion on America?

Rule of three, I need another one.

Attention-seeking?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2022, 07:07:55 pm »

How about we all take a deep breath and a break because if we don't Toady's gonna make a visit and we're gonna see, at best, locked threads and at worst a load of mutes and maybe bans?

Or at least move the arguments to PMs?

I couldn't give much of a care about the actual content of the argument right now, I just don't want to see people taking an involuntary, permanent leave of absence and some more banned topics.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2022, 07:10:48 pm »

I took it to PMs, was told to stop, was more than willing to respect that, and then found that the PMs were posted publicly, then another thread was posted because EJ wants everyone to know just how right he is.

Pages: [1] 2