Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread  (Read 18650 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread
« Reply #420 on: October 02, 2022, 05:43:44 pm »

The Battle Phase is now beginning!

Refer to the second post of the Core Thread to see a list of regions and their effects. You now get to pick one as your preferred battlefield. Note that a region is not guaranteed to be a battlefield unless a player from both teams chooses it. If your region is not chosen you will instead play in a random one that was chosen by the opposing team. You will want to build your deck while considering the possibility that you might not fight on your favored terrain, such is the chaos of war!

As a reminder, you cannot pick a preferred region already picked by someone else on your team for this round.

You will also need to pick what cards you want to put in your 40 card deck!

... Yep. More nerfs. Maybe some of them weren't necessary, but I'm playing it safe. The other team got the nerfs too!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 02, 2022, 05:47:42 pm »

Oh, and I am going to do a bit of an experimental thing. Stirk, please prepare a deck, and declare one of your team members that you are going to follow.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 02, 2022, 07:36:28 pm »

God DAMN that Jet Dragon. So glad I made that, it'll be a combo that's solid as all get-out once we make a pilot, and Dragon Pilot Waifu will synergize with it directly as well once she's made.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 02, 2022, 10:41:34 pm »

I assume the answer is yes, but just checking- does the lifeloss text from Demon Waifu stack? As in, if there are two of them on the field (and no other cards), do you lose 4 hearts per turn?
Long Live United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 02, 2022, 10:56:54 pm »

Yes.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 02, 2022, 11:18:08 pm »

Welp. So much for that card.
Anyway. Unless anyone else volunteers, I'll be aiming for the Uni. Will make decklist in a bit.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 03, 2022, 06:17:45 am »

Spoiler: NQT Deck 4 (click to show/hide)

Blazing Caldera

If anyone fancies getting more games in, I've started a casual tournament where you can use new decks, or historic cards.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 03, 2022, 06:32:57 am »

The Grand University
For reference, the list of cards that would be added on entering the University:
Spoiler: UNI "BONUS" CARDS (click to show/hide)
Feedback welcome.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 03, 2022, 06:56:02 am »

That's a lot of star support, which is good, as you'll have every card that costs stars. Looks serviceable.

I was looking in the repository and Flabort made a card which is identical to Organ Harvest but it works on everything:

Oh well.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 11:28:12 am by notquitethere »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 04, 2022, 12:01:15 pm »

Don't forget to put together decklists and choose destinations, folks. There's a fairly short list of locations we don't control. NQT is going Caldera, I'm going Uni, so that leaves the Windy Plains Zone, Stinking Mire, and Airbase Alpha as targets. We don't really have great stuff for Airbase Alpha yet (even though Morphing Jet Dragon is actually not bad even without a Pilot- 3/9 for 2 stars is passable).
Also, Stirk, if Supernerd's experimental thing means having two people fight in one region, I wouldn't mind having some backup in the University. Because... consistency could be a problem in the region, and having double the chances for a good draw would help out (presumably Team 1 would also get two players, but I'm less worried about them getting good draws- I feel that the only way they can win is if we get a bad draw).

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 04, 2022, 12:35:47 pm »

I do want to pick a deck, I'm just having a hard time coming up with a good one. Hm... Going for Dragon Graveyard.

Spoiler: WIP Deck, NOT FINISHED (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 04, 2022, 02:09:16 pm »

I do want to pick a deck, I'm just having a hard time coming up with a good one. Hm... Going for Dragon Graveyard.

Spoiler: WIP Deck, NOT FINISHED (click to show/hide)
If you give yourself more Lifeboats and Anglerfish, you can do the same trick I did vs Happery. Cards without hearts are really good in Dragon Graveyard as you can play one free per turn, so you could even deploy lifeboats and Sweep them in the same turn, or play a Cyperpunk and instantly buff it for free with Backfire. Probably lots of other tricks.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 04, 2022, 02:28:35 pm »

We already control the Dragon Graveyard. At least, according to the Core Thread.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 04, 2022, 02:39:26 pm »

We already control the Dragon Graveyard. At least, according to the Core Thread.

He already said he wants to fight somewhere we already won as a handicap.

So I will follow you to the high school for grownups! Deck later
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 04, 2022, 02:44:16 pm »

I don't think of it as a handicap, if anything I have the advantage there because I know we already have cards that work well for it. I want to fight somewhere we already control in an attempt to assure we don't cut the game short.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33