Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread  (Read 18671 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread
« Reply #390 on: September 30, 2022, 03:27:36 pm »

Damn. I shouldn't have asked. Because literally just saw that the only time they were ever played, it turns out they got away with attacking the turn they were played.

... no they didn't? Considering I literally wrote that post I should know damn well that all they did was have an impressive looking entrance.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 30, 2022, 03:31:22 pm »

Oh it's me misreading again. I read the Refinery's stat line as one of the Sweepers and thought they'd attacked and were damaged.

Well that's nice it's consistent.

Edit: My battle ended in a bit of overkill. We were definitely underestimated going into this round.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 03:50:04 pm by notquitethere »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 30, 2022, 04:11:25 pm »

Design Phase starts now!
Note that any card designs you made prior to this post will be disregarded for this design phase, so make sure you post the one design you want!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 30, 2022, 04:15:37 pm »

I thought the other team had a few hours left before timing out in this battle, but maybe I've missed something again. Perhaps Fallacy conceded somewhere.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 30, 2022, 04:21:22 pm »

The battles don't necessarily need to end for the Design Phase to start. If there are battles still going when the next battle phase starts, those battles restart(with the same decks) and can receive backup from their teams.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 30, 2022, 04:36:23 pm »

Did we sweep last round? He is clearly right and our cards are OP. So sad.

*Card Name: God Candidate Waifu
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Sky Blue
Attack:
Hearts:
Stars:
Card Effect: When this card is played, take control of one of the cards on the enemy's side of the field. Whenever this card destroys another card take control of that card.
Flavor Text: From here on out, we’ll work as allies.
Metadata: Just messing around at this point.
Reference: A show that is based on a mask/god pun that only works in Japanese. Protagonist is transported to a world of skyscrapers and gets into fights with crazy people wearing masks. Masks give you super powers. The best mask gives you control over people with lesser masks, and pictured above is the protagonist who eventually gets one such mask. So the card has control over other cards like the protagonist has control over other masks.

This show might be impossible to explain actually.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 30, 2022, 04:36:50 pm »

Actually, the battle only restarts if the region they are in is chosen by both teams in the next round. Otherwise they just keep playing their current game for their next battle phase too.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 30, 2022, 04:38:59 pm »

So which side of the Airbase do you guys think I should focus on making support for. Aircraft or White Cards?

We've already got Token support, so not really something that needs to be focused on.

... Even if I am decently likely to include it anyway.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 04:42:05 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 30, 2022, 04:41:53 pm »

So which side of the Airbase do you guys think I should focus on making support for. Aircraft or White Cards?

We've already got Token support, so not a lot of need for that.

You could do both if you wanted?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 30, 2022, 04:42:25 pm »

No reason you can't do both, but the White card effect is way more useful/powerful. A white card is immune to board wipes, BFG flips... all the tricksy ways they try to stop us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 30, 2022, 04:54:04 pm »

No reason you can't do both, but the White card effect is way more useful/powerful. A white card is immune to board wipes, BFG flips... all the tricksy ways they try to stop us.

You can make an aircraft card that is white? Because...you...can't make a card that supports white cards since they can't be directly targeted by card effects.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 30, 2022, 04:58:47 pm »

Oh very good point.

(I'm going to make my card when I'm more awake!)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 30, 2022, 05:51:54 pm »

You can make an aircraft card that is white? Because...you...can't make a card that supports white cards since they can't be directly targeted by card effects.
I think you guys are dramatically exaggerating what the White Card effect means. I feel like if Supernerd meant for it to make them outright immune to effects he would have just said they were immune to effects. I'm pretty sure it's meant to mean, y'know, effects that you have to pick a target for. Like Wooly, or Firebase.

And yeah, I can of course just make a White Aircraft, but I don't really just want to do that. We've already got a lot of archetypes that mostly center around living creatures and humans in particular, aside from our few ghosts and our one Boat and Building. I want to make things that overlap with what we already have.

... I mean Dimensional Refraction Variant doesn't really do that, but it's also meant basically immune to effects wholesale when deployed in the Airbase specifically so it's worth it as a hyper-specialized region card, plus isn't breaking my card theme.

But yeah, that's why I mentioned Aircraft Carrier Waifu as one of my core ideas. Would hopefully count as a boat, and would also be able to make tokens that are aircraft(which could be made to have white backgrounds.)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 06:03:18 pm by Failbird105 »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 30, 2022, 05:58:11 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 4 Hand (click to show/hide)

WELP HERE'S THE COMBO I GUESS. Now lets just hope they don't manage to nuke her away with a Meteor Shower in the literal one-turn gap they have to do so in. Then again if they do that, I can throw like, a 7/10 mountain at Fallacy immediately instead.

Oof, okay guys, I just drew my Prize Card, which is a big one that could potentially win me the whole game. The problem is that I can't play it yet, I would need to put down my Refinery and get it to survive another turn first, which would mean my giving my opponent free reign to put this theoretical huge play of theirs into action.

Hmm... I'm going to hope the huge play is a Hypersummon, and not some new never before seen card, in the former case, then my response depends on what is summoned, but unless they decide to delay their big play to boardwipe immediately I'll have enough mana to be able to choose exactly which option I want.

Update:
Hook, line, and sinker. The Eel is just padding so he can't use that last Star to face-shot me.

Spoiler: Turn 6 Hand (click to show/hide)

The funny thing is, if he was a bit smarter, he could have spent that extra star on his Firebase such that I couldn't kill it with a single Bombardment rather than trying to be greedy and go for face damage as fast as possible.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 09:38:51 pm by Failbird105 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 30, 2022, 10:29:57 pm »

(You think I’m going to design a beneficial Spike card for the team. Something like a a Dragon Egg  with board protection and Nightly Sweep, or a card the benefits when damage taken from yourself for Demon Footsoldier/Backfire, or a 1-Star card that generates many Stars like their Summer Maiden? even though Deploy the Lifeboats kind of does that. Maybe design effective single-target removal? No I’m going to make a big Timmy card :P, I swear it’s my last!)

Card Name: Hydrafish Dragon
Card Picture:
Background Color: Red/Green
Attack: 5
Hearts: 5
Stars: The balancing point (But I’m feeling like this is going to be a 4-Star card)
Card Effect: When you play this card, create two Hydrafish Head tokens in play as well. Give these tokens the ability to attack the turn they are played, but they can’t attack players during this turn
Flavortext: The less you know about this creature’s genealogy, the better
Metadata: This should be a token swarming, and somewhat reactive card, high star threat I believe.
Reference: It’s a…. hearthstone card

Card Name: Hydrafish Head
Card Picture:
Background Color: Blue
Attack: 3
Hearts: 1
Stars: Token
Card Effect: If you control a Hydrafish Dragon when this enters the discard pile, create two Hydrafish Head tokens

(Also Clover Fairy is so bad that I think of just designing a better one, Dragonsteed 1/1 Can’t protect you. Whenever this card is placed into the discard pile or is banished, summon it instead)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 05:18:48 pm by Shadowclaw777 »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33