Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread  (Read 18709 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread
« Reply #345 on: September 28, 2022, 10:36:42 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 1 Hand (click to show/hide)

Pretty dang ingenious system there. Not the sort of thing I could ever really manage myself. I've got something much simpler myself.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 29, 2022, 05:05:33 am »

I implemented your Rand() system when you suggested it the other day, Nuke, so now all my shuffling is done on-sheet.

Failbird, that's a solid early game draw, I think you've got this in hand.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 29, 2022, 10:38:40 am »

Okay, guys, sorry to impose, but I thought up a concept this morning and it has been HOUNDING at my brain and I just had to get it out there because my own card theme unfortunately doesn't really have anything that fits(of course, I can absolutely skip out on the card theme for the sake of making a well meshing card, but still). But the fact that we had waifus and are kinda working on figuring out some solid weaknesses to make nice high-stat beatsticks out of, it gave me a brilliant idea.

First off will require adding a new Verb to the games mechanics. This has of course been done before with Banishing. That verb being Equip. Idea being that Equipped cards get 'attached' to another card, essentially making them a non-entity on the field for as long as the Equipping card remains(without dedicated effects interfering). They can't be targeted individually by another card(again, without dedicated effects), nor damaged([insert dedicated effects clause]), and in turn would have effects that related to being equipped.
If you'd like to go ahead and make an equip deck, I'm still happy to have a test match in the thread.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 29, 2022, 11:21:49 am »

I think this is good news for us: every turn that this is in their hand they'll be tempted to play this trash instead of a card that would actually worry us. If they find a way to play fairies for free, then we might be in trouble.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 29, 2022, 11:24:23 am »

I considered keeping the Backfire in reserve to boost the Cyberpunk Waifus, but I didn't want to play the Lifeboats yet, and had nothing else to do- I was hoping to draw another refinery with the Backfire, for that double-play value.
Still, I'm not sure it was the right move. But it's done now.

I think this is good news for us: every turn that this is in their hand they'll be tempted to play this trash instead of a card that would actually worry us. If they find a way to play fairies for free, then we might be in trouble.
Also, agreed. This seems like another card that's half of a combo- though what the combo might be, I'm not sure. I'm not convinced the folks on Team 1 are sure either.
Long Live United Forenia!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 29, 2022, 11:28:38 am »

Backfiring early while you have the momentum is probably the right call.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 29, 2022, 12:07:42 pm »

...is it stupid of me to have not realized that Cyberpunk Waifu gains +1/+1 every turn passively?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 29, 2022, 12:11:15 pm »

...is it stupid of me to have not realized that Cyberpunk Waifu gains +1/+1 every turn passively?
Mm... understandable, given the fact that it is a very powerful ability- your brain could easily assume "No, that's too powerful, that can't be how it works" and mentally insert a clause like "whenever you draw a card beyond the first".
But unless the wording on the card is extremely misleading, it does indeed get stronger every single turn.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 29, 2022, 12:12:57 pm »

I think I definitely slept on Cyberpunk Waifu this round. Her + Backfire is also a great combo.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 29, 2022, 02:34:51 pm »

It looks like they have a card that depends on the size of their hand, so this is probably meant to combo with that so they can block without actually making their hand smaller. Assuming that is the card Tric is talking about, he was clearly keeping his hand big for whatever his trump card was. I'd say its stats are at minimum 1-1 with the cards in the player's hand.

...Which would just mean they have a more frontloaded Cyberpunk Waifu
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 29, 2022, 02:48:08 pm »

Ah that would make sense. We'll have to see— either way we can probably expect some properly powerful cards from them.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 29, 2022, 02:49:29 pm »

It looks like they have a card that depends on the size of their hand, so this is probably meant to combo with that so they can block without actually making their hand smaller. Assuming that is the card Tric is talking about, he was clearly keeping his hand big for whatever his trump card was. I'd say its stats are at minimum 1-1 with the cards in the player's hand.

...Which would just mean they have a more frontloaded Cyberpunk Waifu
It'd have to have haste and evasion too, since Tric believed he could win in a single turn:
(I was about to open up a can of whoop-ass too. I just needed 1 turn to win.)
But it does make sense that it'd be something to do with hand size.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 29, 2022, 03:06:15 pm »

Congrats again on the win, Stirk. One day I hope to field a  deck built around Isekai, but we'd need much better star gen for any other region.

(Also yeah, we shouldn't be too harsh on poor Tric, he seemed to have genuinely misunderstood the point of the card. Anyone can make a reading comprehension mistake.)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 29, 2022, 03:17:50 pm »

(Also yeah, we shouldn't be too harsh on poor Tric, he seemed to have genuinely misunderstood the point of the card. Anyone can make a reading comprehension mistake.)
Sure, people make mistakes. That's fine. If Tric had acknowledged his mistake, there'd be little to add.
Instead, Tric complained that the card is overpowered- that needed to be addressed.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 29, 2022, 03:28:02 pm »

If either of you lose I reserve the right to make fun of your cards and card choices after bullying my poor deck >_>
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33