Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread  (Read 18747 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread
« Reply #315 on: September 27, 2022, 03:33:32 pm »

Okay, I think I'm going to go for the Valley of Kings
Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
Focusing my deck on the Region this time, but in a way that I think should prove viable in other regions as well. Unfortunately, the only Grey cards we have that are really worth bringing back from the grave are the Mountain and Nightly Sweep, but I still think it should prove good. In particular the combination of Refineries, Lifeboats, Harvests, and the one Destructive Analysis for 'just in case' purposes should prove incredibly useful if they drag me to The City and, well... you'll just have to trust me on The Red Mist in the Dragon's Graveyard.

Of note, we have uh... literally only three cards that 'support' the Airbase, and one of them is very nearly a net-neutral effect. Also:

Aren't you supposed to be Mr.Consistency? The ability to pull any card you want is powerful on its own, and I have enough backfires that I can afford the cost. It is designed to work well with MoB and does a pretty good job of it, but it can also:

-Grab me Unintentional Bombardment whenever I need a board wipe
-Grab me Fog whenever I need to face punch, or summon+flip
-Grab me Cyberpunk Waifu when I have a hand full of Backfire and Fog
-Set up and grab me Isekai (if I do get my designated area then I have double star gen and thus can use it fairy easy)
-Give me a monster cardo when my hand is filled with spells

You can't just plug and chug for free MoB, but it is a really versatile card even when the discard is considered a drawback.
While all of these do technically work, remember that you are ceding a turn to your opponent in any of these scenarios. If you're in a situation where you desperately need a board-wipe or face-punch, you will be a turn behind on doing so, which you could easily lose your opening(or even the game as a whole in the former scenario) during. This is very much a "when you've got a combo already set up but don't have the exact right card to put it in motion" card, which is why I'm personally using so few of it, as the situations where it is necessary are few and far between, and I'll essentially always have an alternative option in them.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 27, 2022, 03:45:31 pm »

Next round I'm probably going to try and build a banish deck again. Aim for a region with good star gen and try to get an Isekai out. Isekai should be a game winner if we can ever actually play it.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 27, 2022, 03:52:57 pm »

I personally think I'm going to try to make at least one card to properly support the Airbase. I have a feeling neither side is liable to go there so far, because unless they've decided to do something this exact turn then they don't have any aircraft or White cards either(unless you want to argue that a witches broom is an aircraft), and we haven't seen even a single Token generator out of them. Honestly, the Airbase is a Region we might want to invest into.

Also, I'm... actually surprised, Destructive Analysis actually turned out to be quite good support for a pro-banish deck completely unintentionally. Now we just need to actually get some pro-banish cards besides Isekae and WARP Crew

*Card Name: Dimensional Refraction Variant
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: White
Attack: ?
Hearts: ?
Stars: 1
Card Effect: Immune to non-targeted card effects(All Cards, All Enemy Cards, Random Cards, etc.)
Flavor Text: "Just because something cannot be seen does not mean it doesn’t exist."
Metadata: A simple card to test the power of having a White Background while being immune to AoE effects.
Reference: https://lobotomycorp.fandom.com/wiki/Dimensional_Refraction_Variant

Also, this card comes with a question for Supernerd: do Effect Immunity effects normally apply to cards that are not in play, or does that need to be mentioned directly on the card?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 05:03:14 pm by Failbird105 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 27, 2022, 05:18:21 pm »

Also, this card comes with a question for Supernerd: do Effect Immunity effects normally apply to cards that are not in play, or does that need to be mentioned directly on the card?

I choose not to answer such this question unless you are asking about how a specific card that was already created works, in which case let me know which card you are asking about.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 27, 2022, 06:54:13 pm »

Please do weigh in, Supernerd:
I'm going for Space Station Theta! Does Cyberpunk Waifu count as a machine card?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 27, 2022, 07:14:08 pm »

You may present your argument as to why that card would be classified as a machine if you like.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 27, 2022, 07:28:01 pm »

You may present your argument as to why that card would be classified as a machine if you like.

Cyborg = machine?

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 27, 2022, 08:08:20 pm »

From what I understand, the character is heavily physically modified, though most of it is more biological/genetic modification. She doesn't have her cyber arms in the card image, so this is her when the only (noticeable) cybernetics on her body are her eyes. Can't say what might be going on inside though.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 27, 2022, 08:09:11 pm »

From what I understand, the character is heavily physically modified, though most of it is more biological/genetic modification. She doesn't have her cyber arms in the card image, so this is her when the only (noticeable) cybernetics on her body are her eyes. Can't say what might be going on inside though.

Her body is pink and green.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 27, 2022, 08:22:16 pm »

Her body is pink and green.

Well yes but the former is mostly biological bodysculpting, cosmetic surgery type stuff.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 27, 2022, 08:29:08 pm »

Sorry, but I am not so convinced that the card would qualify as being a 'Machine'.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 27, 2022, 08:52:55 pm »

Now if we want a Machine Waifu or two, boy have I got some options. There's some in my own card theme(one that definitely counts for both, several more who are debatable for the Machine parts, and even more who are debatable for the waifu part even if I will physically fight you for saying they don't count), but there's several more who would fit better for Stirks deck.

Then there's shipgirls, who are Waifus, which are also Boats, and therefor would logically be Machines, but all but the first qualifier can be debated due to their lack of outward visible mechanical parts.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 08:59:52 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 27, 2022, 09:00:20 pm »

Now if we want a Machine Waifu or two, boy have I got some options. There's some in my own deck theme(one that definitely counts for both, several more who are debatable for the Machine parts, and even more who are debatable for the waifu part even if I will physically fight you for saying they don't count), but there's several more who would fit better for Stirks deck.

Then there's shipgirls, who are Waifus, which are also Boats, and therefor would logically be Machines, but all but the first qualifier can be debated due to their lack of outward visible mechanical parts.

I didn't even remember that machines get any bonuses, I was just rereading over the regions and wondered if it would work.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 27, 2022, 09:11:59 pm »

I didn't even remember that machines get any bonuses, I was just rereading over the regions and wondered if it would work.
Honestly there's a whole lot of Regional bonuses we've got lots of potential to cover, but really haven't been just sorta because its never quite meshed with our other plans for the turn. We've only got two(assuming the dragon counts) fish, the lifeboats are our only boat, we've got no aircraft, the Refinery could arguably be a Machine but otherwise none of those either, we've got 2/3(depending on how the Skiff is considered) ghosts, and no Sheep.

Just a whole, whole lot of untapped potential that could potentially really help us out in several regions. In particular if we start making aircraft we'll be in a pretty solid state for the Airbase.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 27, 2022, 09:13:45 pm »

Speaking of regional effects are you not going to use your Victory Card?

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33