Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread  (Read 18754 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread
« Reply #300 on: September 25, 2022, 11:30:43 pm »

YO THAT NEW REGION.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 26, 2022, 12:26:14 am »

Oh gods, you're right. What a nightmare. Moreso for them given the number of cards they have that do nothing, but still. Blech.
Long Live United Forenia!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 26, 2022, 12:35:54 am »

You know what I'm thinking this calls for? Cards that do something just for being in your deck.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 26, 2022, 06:31:44 am »

I have considered cards that say something like "You may start with this card in your opening hand", to improve consistency. Given the uni also allows unlimited stars-for-cards, things that use discarding as a cost would also work well.
E:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 11:54:22 am by NUKE9.13 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 26, 2022, 06:57:12 pm »

The Battle Phase is now beginning!

Refer to the second post of the Core Thread to see a list of regions and their effects. You now get to pick one as your preferred battlefield. Note that a region is not guaranteed to be a battlefield unless a player from both teams chooses it. If your region is not chosen you will instead play in a random one that was chosen by the opposing team. You will want to build your deck while considering the possibility that you might not fight on your favored terrain, such is the chaos of war!

As a reminder, you cannot pick a preferred region already picked by someone else on your team for this round.

You will also need to pick what cards you want to put in your 40 card deck!

... Yes, there has been quite a few nerfs. Trust me, the other team got nerfed too, and you'll be glad they did!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 26, 2022, 07:12:06 pm »

Spoiler: Stirk's Deck (click to show/hide)

I'm going for Space Station Theta! Does Cyberpunk Waifu count as a machine card?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 12:35:48 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 26, 2022, 08:55:53 pm »

While PGW is certainly better for Mountain building, I'm honestly probably gonna go minimal on copies of her from here on out in favor of Cyberpunk Waifu. She's nowhere near as strong, and still won't survive a direct strike from a Firebase or max-rolled Meteor Shower(at least, on her first turn in play), but she's, y'know, actually capable of functioning as a unit, rather than as a pure stat wall for the enemy to chew through which could have been better achieved with an actual wall.

Edit: felt like sharing this, a Google Sheets thing I made quite some time ago that I intended to use to do some concepting for CYOGTCG decks. I sorta started on it, but never really got all that far into the singular deck I began working on. Got really inspired by playing Slime Rancher 2 though so I started up a second concept deck.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16HBhgY6UQ3jd1wVTAfLOJSA5UGxgDAWeg2_8_UXhLCc/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 09:38:07 pm by Failbird105 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 27, 2022, 04:00:30 am »

Alright. I'm aiming for the Blazing Caldera, with the following decklist:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I get in, then Demon Footsoldier will be great. However, since the other team is highly unlikely to attack zones they already control, there's a 50% chance I'll be fighting elsewhere. I think this decklist is functional in most zones, though. But if anyone has any suggestions for alterations, I'm all ears.

Speaking of which:
I don't think you need 5 Destructive Analysis. It appears to be only there to enable Mountain, but since it can't put the high-value cards in the bin, you won't want to use it until you've already had a few big cards die- in which case having 5 is excessive, you'd be likely to draw one if you only had 3-4, and drawing more than one is virtually useless (I guess you could grab Isekai if you have a bazillion stars already, but you're probably winning at that point regardless).
I also think that Cyberpunk Waifu is good enough to deserve more slots.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 04:05:53 am by NUKE9.13 »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 27, 2022, 04:14:04 am »

Spoiler: NQT Deck 3 (click to show/hide)

Naval Shipyard

Hope I get it, as this deck is built for aquatic supremacy.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 05:04:34 am by notquitethere »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 27, 2022, 09:01:34 am »

While PGW is certainly better for Mountain building, I'm honestly probably gonna go minimal on copies of her from here on out in favor of Cyberpunk Waifu. She's nowhere near as strong, and still won't survive a direct strike from a Firebase or max-rolled Meteor Shower(at least, on her first turn in play), but she's, y'know, actually capable of functioning as a unit, rather than as a pure stat wall for the enemy to chew through which could have been better achieved with an actual wall.

She's better for facepunching, which works well with Fog, Bombardment, and Isekai.

Alright. I'm aiming for the Blazing Caldera, with the following decklist:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I get in, then Demon Footsoldier will be great. However, since the other team is highly unlikely to attack zones they already control, there's a 50% chance I'll be fighting elsewhere. I think this decklist is functional in most zones, though. But if anyone has any suggestions for alterations, I'm all ears.

Speaking of which:
I don't think you need 5 Destructive Analysis. It appears to be only there to enable Mountain, but since it can't put the high-value cards in the bin, you won't want to use it until you've already had a few big cards die- in which case having 5 is excessive, you'd be likely to draw one if you only had 3-4, and drawing more than one is virtually useless (I guess you could grab Isekai if you have a bazillion stars already, but you're probably winning at that point regardless).
I also think that Cyberpunk Waifu is good enough to deserve more slots.

Aren't you supposed to be Mr.Consistency? The ability to pull any card you want is powerful on its own, and I have enough backfires that I can afford the cost. It is designed to work well with MoB and does a pretty good job of it, but it can also:

-Grab me Unintentional Bombardment whenever I need a board wipe
-Grab me Fog whenever I need to face punch, or summon+flip
-Grab me Cyberpunk Waifu when I have a hand full of Backfire and Fog
-Set up and grab me Isekai (if I do get my designated area then I have double star gen and thus can use it fairy easy)
-Give me a monster cardo when my hand is filled with spells

You can't just plug and chug for free MoB, but it is a really versatile card even when the discard is considered a drawback.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 27, 2022, 09:10:04 am »

It's a good setup card, but if you take a turn where you are just drawing a card, then you're not playing a card, so it's pretty slow. Maybe it's worth it to set up the perfect combo.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 27, 2022, 09:11:47 am »

If discarding was the only cost, I agree that it would do great stuff for consistency. But it also costs "playing a card", which is a high cost, only worth it for finding really impactful things. At least, that's my view.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 27, 2022, 09:23:51 am »

I'm inclined to agree. I think as it stands, I think I would only have it in a banishment deck. If I need to draw specific card, I'll just stock more of it in the deck.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 27, 2022, 02:46:39 pm »

Spoiler: Decklist (click to show/hide)

I’m so confident I choose Windy Plains Zone

Cyberpunk Vs Anglerfish, One has 2-Stars so way easier to play and scales naturally, is weak to their current cards to a 7-Damage roll Meteor and a blast from their Firebase?, two Storm Cells?, The innate scaling is probably extremely scary, you could Unintentional to clear the board and then pop a Cyberpunk next turn. Anglerfish could kill a Big Scary Ghost before they could react with Solo Star Power as well attacking immediately in the Shipyard. I feel like I should have a bunch of Demon Footsoldiers to defend the Refineries for Star Gain, but they have Storm Cell and what cards to cut? :(

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 27, 2022, 03:19:30 pm »

6 Anglers seems really high, for such a high star cost. You really don't want to be stuck with several in hand early on.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33