Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread  (Read 18788 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2022, 03:46:52 pm »

*Card Name: Cyberpunk Waifu
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Pink/Indigo
Attack:
Hearts:
Stars: 2+
Card Effect: Gain one Attack and Heart every time you draw a card.
Flavor Text: Chrome up choom
Metadata: A card to work with Backfire.
Reference: I was into gun lolis before it was cool. An anime about a game that is better than the game in every way and even manages to make the stupid yellow jacket cool. Card upgrades itself with cybernetics when you have the cash (draw the cards)

Might need to change it to "or" but a lot of OP stuff makes it through so I don't know.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 23, 2022, 03:52:14 pm »

Aight so, what are your guys plans? I'll probably go for Destructive Analysis if nobody is willing to take the risk on the vehicle plan yet. Then I've got an idea for my Victory Points.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 23, 2022, 05:38:13 pm »

Let's trial run some vehicles here in the thread during the next round. Right now I'm making Life Boats, like I said I would.

Card Name: Deploy the Lifeboats!
*Card Picture:
Background Color: Yellow/Blue
Attack:
Hearts:
Stars: 1
Card Effect: Put five Lifeboat tokens into play.
Flavor Text: Women and children first!
Metadata: A card which spams out tokens for cheap defence, but also punishes them for using boardwipes.
Reference: Lifeboats

Card Name: Lifeboat - TOKEN
Card Picture:
Background Color: Blue
Attack: 0
Hearts: 1
Stars: N/A
Card Effect: Can't attack. After this card leaves play, gain 1 heart and 1 star if another Lifeboat has left play in the same turn.
Flavor Text:
Metadata: Token spam that gives hearts and stars when it's mass-wiped but can't attack
Reference: Lifeboats

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 23, 2022, 05:59:48 pm »

Aight so, what are your guys plans? I'll probably go for Destructive Analysis if nobody is willing to take the risk on the vehicle plan yet. Then I've got an idea for my Victory Points.

The biggest weakness for your vehicle plan is the fact everyone wants to design their own card so you’d be stuck making both pieces yourself.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 23, 2022, 06:41:46 pm »

*Card Name: Cyberpunk Waifu
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Pink/Indigo
Attack:
Hearts:
Stars: 2+
Card Effect: Gain one Attack and Heart every time you draw a card.
Flavor Text: Chrome up choom
Metadata: A card to work with Backfire.
Reference: I was into gun lolis before it was cool. An anime about a game that is better than the game in every way and even manages to make the stupid yellow jacket cool. Card upgrades itself with cybernetics when you have the cash (draw the cards)

Might need to change it to "or" but a lot of OP stuff makes it through so I don't know.
Whether you should have it as "And" or "Or" depends on how much you want her to cost. "And" will almost certainly add a whole extra Star to her cost compared to "Or", which could make her very costly for a unit that will most likely start fairly weak.

*Card Name: Destructive Analysis
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Yellow
Attack: 0
Hearts: 0
Stars: 0
Card Effect: Discard 3 Cards from your hand. Search your deck for a card of your choice, then shuffle your deck.
Flavor Text: Time for this expensive procedure to prove its worth.
Metadata: A card to both find and enable Mountain of Bodies.
Reference:

Edit: Prize Card Sheet snipped.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 09:27:44 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 23, 2022, 07:51:30 pm »

Whether you should have it as "And" or "Or" depends on how much you want her to cost. "And" will almost certainly add a whole extra Star to her cost compared to "Or", which could make her very costly for a unit that will most likely start fairly weak.

If it was just an extra star to double the effects it would be worth it IMO, but we're really just guessing when it comes to prices.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 23, 2022, 07:54:24 pm »

If it was just an extra star to double the effects it would be worth it IMO, but we're really just guessing when it comes to prices.
Frankly, considering it's an "endless growth" card, I feel like it might be less likely to add an extra star to the cost and more likely to subtract a Stars worth of stats. Which could leave her exceptionally vulnerable to being wiped out before she can start building up. At least, without Region effects.

Also, unrelated: considering the uh... everything, about the Caldera, I think we want to invest into more Banish support. I've currently got essentially an elite equivalent to the WARP Crew in mind(WARP Captain) and a unit who's effect is that you can play it from Banishment.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 07:56:33 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 23, 2022, 08:02:22 pm »

Frankly, considering it's an "endless growth" card, I feel like it might be less likely to add an extra star to the cost and more likely to subtract a Stars worth of stats. Which could leave her exceptionally vulnerable to being wiped out before she can start building up. At least, without Region effects.

Also, unrelated: considering the uh... everything, about the Caldera, I think we want to invest into more Banish support. I've currently got essentially an elite equivalent to the WARP Crew in mind(WARP Captain) and a unit who's effect is that you can play it from Banishment.

Turn 1: Fog Summon+Flip
Turn 2: Backfire

+3 hearts and +3 attack now in perfectly reasonable working condition at the cost of an extra star.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 23, 2022, 08:42:13 pm »

Also, if nobody decides to go for the Vehicle Plan in the next while, I'll probably spend some VPs in the shop to get an extra design to kickstart it myself.

From there, it won't be a "two players both have to make half of the pair" thing, because we'd already have a basic option for both such that there'd no longer be risk of making a dead card.

Edit: got an idea for a silly gimmick card:
The Ferryman
Each time the effect of Stygian Skiff is triggered while this card is in your deck or hand, it gains +1/+1
"Charon's had enough"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 09:51:01 pm by Failbird105 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 23, 2022, 11:52:35 pm »

Turn 3 Card Design
*Card Name: Demon Footsoldier
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Orange
Attack: 4
Hearts: 4
Stars: 0
Card Effect: At the start of your turn, you lose 1 heart.
Flavor Text: There is always a price.
Metadata: A powerful & cheap creature, that requires payment in blood.
Reference: (The image is a Bloodletter of Khorne, but it has no particular relevance)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 11:54:49 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 24, 2022, 11:44:34 am »

I would actually prefer it if you did not put your design in a quote. If you do that, I might think that it is a reference to a previous post and not an actual thing you want to design.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 24, 2022, 11:55:01 am »

I would actually prefer it if you did not put your design in a quote. If you do that, I might think that it is a reference to a previous post and not an actual thing you want to design.
Fair enough. Changed it.
Long Live United Forenia!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 24, 2022, 09:00:23 pm »

Turn 3 Card Design

Card Name: Anglerfish Dragon
Card Picture:
Background Color: Red
Attack: 6-8~
Hearts: 10
Stars: 4
Card Effect: Put a 1/4 Dragon’s Lure token into play with “At the end of your turn, choose an opposing cards with hearts on the battlefield and force it to attack an Anglerfish Dragon”. Whenever this card deals damage, the controlling player gains hearts equal to the damage dealt
Flavor Text: What’s this dragon’s favorite meal? Fish n’ Ships
Metadata: A Card that has both Dragon and Fish synergies, provides health gain, a reactive if immediate effect upon the board when it enters play.
Reference: It’s best you don’t know… it’s a hearthstone card

Card Name: Dragon’s Lure - TOKEN
Card Picture:
Background Color: Blue
Attack: 1
Hearts: 4
Stars: N/A
Card Effect: At the end of your turn, choose an opposing card with hearts on the battlefield and force it to attack an Anglerfish Dragon
Metadata: This card can still attack on its own, btw

(A 2-Star card can be considered to be a 6/7 to 6/6 in Stats, so a 4-Star can be considered a 10/11 to 10/10 in Stats. This generates a 1/4 token with an interesting effect and has Lifelink, the first balance point is to reduce its attack to a fine point before adding Stars to its Cost, where I think 4-Star is in line with the card idea. If the card description is too long, remove the part where it describes what the Token does in the main card)

(Do card with two background colors, can they benefit from multiple colors, seeing rainbow was discussed as a different color. Seeing the Yellow/Blue combination on that Deploy Lifeboat card?, is that an either/or thing?)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 11:50:17 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 24, 2022, 09:41:52 pm »

Turn 3 Card Design

Card Picture:
Background Color: Red
Attack: 6-8~
Hearts: 10
Stars: 4
Card Effect: Put a 1/4 Dragon’s Lure token into play with “At the end of your turn, choose an opposing cards with hearts on the battlefield and force it to attack an Anglerfish Dragon”. Whenever this card deals damage, the controlling player gains hearts equal to the damage dealt
Flavor Text: What’s this dragon’s favorite meal? Fish n’ Ships
Metadata: A Card that has both Dragon and Fish synergies, provides health gain, a reactive if immediate effect upon the board when it enters play.
Reference: It’s best you don’t know… it’s a hearthstone card
Card lost its name

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 25, 2022, 02:20:29 am »

(Do card with two background colors, can they benefit from multiple colors, seeing rainbow was discussed as a different color. Seeing the Yellow/Blue combination on that Deploy Lifeboat card?, is that an either/or thing?)
Yeah, unless Supernerd suddenly says otherwise, cards can make use of multiple Region special rules by having two or more background colours. Presumably if one team go too far with this, we'll see cards targeting multicolored cards.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33