Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread  (Read 18717 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread
« Reply #195 on: September 19, 2022, 12:28:47 am »

I'll be fine. "Punch him in the face with PGW" is just as viable here as it is on the space station.
A bit less viable, since on the Station you've got twice the stars to work with for summoning PGWs. And also PGWs have the whole "if the enemy summons even a single defender and you don't have another unit or damage spell ready you literally can't harm them anymore" weakness. But I suppose so.

Also, while I'm not a particular fan of just the whole "[descriptive terms] Waifu" thing myself, I do think we could benefit from more Waifu stuff. It's an incredibly versatile Card Type considering that damn near anything can be Waifu-fied.

So some suggestions to go well with the regions and decks we've currently got/are planning:

Yakuza Dragon Waifu- I'd make this card either Red(to maximize its power in the Dragon Graveyard) or Orange(to add variety support for the Caldera). Effect that supports Criminal cards? Would therefor also boost Syndicate cards by association since they're just a more specific variant of criminal.

Aircraft Carrier Waifu- Both boat and waifu support. Make it blue to maximize the support for the Shipyard, and cost a star or two. Perhaps low or even no attack, but spawns 1/1 Fairy Fighter tokens

which would thus give it support in the Airbase, especially if you gave the tokens a White background instead of matching Blue.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 12:30:27 am by Failbird105 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2022, 03:36:53 am »

Medic Waifu:
Whenever a Waifu enters play, you gain 1 heart
First do no harem
I'll show myself out, don't worry.
Long Live United Forenia!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2022, 10:44:12 am »

Medic Waifu:
First do no harem
I mean...

Though frankly I almost feel like just a blanket heal-per-turn would be better. If it's reliant on playing a specific type of card then I feel like it'd be better to make the heal bigger.

Also, that's a big card. Good thing we can Bombard
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 10:47:04 am by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2022, 10:49:33 am »

Also, while I'm not a particular fan of just the whole "[descriptive terms] Waifu" thing myself, I do think we could benefit from more Waifu stuff. It's an incredibly versatile Card Type considering that damn near anything can be Waifu-fied.

That was the original pitch for waifu cards back in the day, when we had to make a deck around a specific theme. Truly it is a brilliant card type.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2022, 11:05:30 am »

Spoiler: Turn 2 Hand (click to show/hide)
Getting better here. Bombardment in particular will be great, since it can let me nuke down the enemy Firebase if they choose to play one, plus getting my Refinery into the Grave so I can feed its stats to the Mountain. Considering their massive amount of potential Star Gen though, I wouldn't be surprised if they added like, a full 6 Firebases even though it's a 3-star card

Edit: also, I will be outputting Waifu cards myself over time, given my whole deck is based on a series with an anime-esque style and many very lovable ladies, it's just that right now I'm trying to cover our bases and none of the ladies really work for that. Except Pierre(Cannibal Chef Waifu) that is

Spoiler: Turn 3 Hand (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Turn 4 Hand (click to show/hide)
Where are all of my units, come on. I didn't put that many spells in my deck.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 03:19:01 pm by Failbird105 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2022, 01:34:29 pm »

Medic Waifu:
First do no harem
I mean...

Though frankly I almost feel like just a blanket heal-per-turn would be better. If it's reliant on playing a specific type of card then I feel like it'd be better to make the heal bigger.
Well:
-It wasn't intended as a very serious suggestion. The primary reason I shared it was for the pun.
-Related to the pun, the healing has to involve waifus. Although, now that I think about it, it would work better if she killed other waifus to heal, since that would be 'no harem'. Yandere Medic Waifu.
-Actually that could be a fun idea.
Name: Yandere Medic Waifu
Effect: At the end of your turn, if YMW is your only Waifu, gain 3 hearts.
    Sacrifice a waifu: add the sacrificed card's hearts and attack to this card.
Flavour text: First do no harem.
E: Which I now realise is kinda similar to the Cannibal Chef Waifu.

Anyway. I think that Ms Scales is going to have a bad time in the Dragon Graveyard- their artillery would become a 10/7. And their Maiden will actually have attack. Good luck, but I suspect that's going to be a loss for us.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 01:38:25 pm by NUKE9.13 »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2022, 01:44:04 pm »

Anyway. I think that Ms Scales is going to have a bad time in the Dragon Graveyard- their artillery would become a 10/7. And their Maiden will actually have attack. Good luck, but I suspect that's going to be a loss for us.
Yeah, they seem to have made a top tier card for that zone in the little time they had to work on it. Frankly, I'd suggest we make that whole 'slumbering calamity' idea. Seems like the only real way to make something that's going to be able to withstand dealing with that thing. Whether we're summoning the calamity itself or feeding it to a Mountain.

Edit: Honestly, I'm getting worried I won't be able to play the Mountain at this rate. If I get a PGW(which is what me playing the Mountain hinges on) Tric might not actually be able to stop her before she runs him over like a speeding train.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 02:05:52 pm by Failbird105 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2022, 02:10:36 pm »

Also, generally yeah facedowns take damage from AoE damage effects
You sure about that?
Like, a big part of Fog of War is being able to dodge board wipes.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2022, 02:12:15 pm »

Also, generally yeah facedowns take damage from AoE damage effects
You sure about that?
Like, a big part of Fog of War is being able to dodge board wipes.
I mean, would Storm Cell have a clause that specifies it only works on face up cards if it wouldn't have worked on face down ones otherwise? But yeah, if I had realized that was the intent there, I would have pointed such a thing out beforehand. As it is, while it will dodge Storm Cell, it won't do anything about Meteor Shower or Unintentional Bombardment.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 02:15:47 pm by Failbird105 »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2022, 02:15:27 pm »

I think I can see why you didn't field hardly any of the best card we have... flipped down cards can't be targeted by board wipes. TricMagic even used this to his advantage with Stormcell in the first round. This is almost the whole point of the Fog.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2022, 02:18:28 pm »

I mean, would Storm Cell have a clause that specifies it only works on face up cards if it wouldn't have worked on face down ones otherwise?
Well, it could do. The creator might've included the line, despite it not being relevant. But fair.
I operated under the assumption that face down cards couldn't take damage in the test match.
I think I can see why you didn't field hardly any of the best card we have... flipped down cards can't be targeted by board wipes. TricMagic even used this to his advantage with Stormcell in the first round. This is almost the whole point of the Fog.
In fairness, Storm Cell does specify that facedown cards are immune.

This needs to be clarified, obviously.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2022, 02:20:26 pm »

I don't know where you got that from considering I got "they CAN be targeted by board wipes" from my previous experiences in CYOGTCG games

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2022, 02:25:04 pm »

I just looooove dragons UwU. It so sad that I didn’t designed a dragon card, but it’s a mature decision to make sure my teammates had access to a good card.
You know, you aren't required to tell the other team what kind of cards we did or did not design.
Which is to say, you really shouldn't.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2022, 02:39:59 pm »

I don't know where you got that from considering I got "they CAN be targeted by board wipes" from my previous experiences in CYOGTCG games
Hmm, I'm prepared to be mistaken, I often am. Funny kind of mistake if I am mistaken, as this was my whole counter to Meteor.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2022, 02:46:23 pm »

Ah, right. Oof.
I'm not particularly worried myself, because I'm quite confident that this is just Tric jumping about three separate guns simultaneously, and I have a whole two Bombardments in my hand, which means that Firebase won't last the turn.

Hmm, I'm prepared to be mistaken, I often am. Funny kind of mistake if I am mistaken, as this was my whole counter to Meteor.
Well to be fair, you did make a counter to Storm Cell, which is equally as big of a problem since they can play it for free. But yeah, while the Fog is good, assuming I'm right(which experience tells me I am but I can never be sure with my memory), it's just not the best for my deck. After all, I don't really need to spam-play units, I don't have any flip gimmicks, they only have one board wipe it works against, etc. The best thing it can do is return the Mountain to my hand and then replay it to double-dip the graveyard.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33