Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread  (Read 18727 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2022, 10:52:36 am »

I'll need to consider this possibility when processing cards in the future.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2022, 11:01:01 am »

It would make some amount of sense if cards 'remembered' using their enters-play ability even if flipped down for a while- and so wouldn't trigger it every time they flipped up. It is also possible that Tric made an illegal play. He's not immune to making mistakes.
Either way, it's something that could use clarification.
Long Live United Forenia!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2022, 11:34:50 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Edit: I'll build proper card sheets for all of these later.

Failbird, if you want to make a full Syndicate deck, we can test it in the thread to see what works. It's fun doing this more in depth R&D!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2022, 12:57:15 pm »

Snip
Might try it, since I'm off for the next two days.

Also, an idea for Gabriella here:

A Massive Sleeping dragon. "Slumbering Calamity", 0 Attack, lots of Hearts, 2 Stars, after a certain number of turns asleep(cant attack or defend) it turns into an awake version that has massive attack as well.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 18, 2022, 01:27:24 pm »

Nice, when you have a deck ready, feel free to go ahead and post a turn 1.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 18, 2022, 01:31:54 pm »

Snip
Might try it, since I'm off for the next two days.

Also, an idea for Gabriella here:

A Massive Sleeping dragon. "Slumbering Calamity", 0 Attack, lots of Hearts, 2 Stars, after a certain number of turns asleep(cant attack or defend) it turns into an awake version that has massive attack as well.
There are plenty of ideas for dragon cards, and I already have some cooked up!

Fog of War when you play cards with hearts from your hand, you still have to pay these card’s Star Costs, but the powerful tempo advantage of playing 2 0-Cost cards for 1 Star in a turn is highly effective. The flipping a single enemy cards is great for bursting them down I guess?, flipping yours for ghost effects, and returning minions to your hand is great for minions that have effects when played. Generally a hignly versatile card the more I look into it

Edit: I main question is that I believe by “playing” a card from hand, you must always play its Star Cost unless in its text makes an exception
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 01:52:58 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 18, 2022, 01:41:36 pm »

Maybe re-read the actual card.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 18, 2022, 02:33:00 pm »

The card is a huge step up, which means either the whole meta will shift to cards which allow you to play more cards or Team E will figure out some good ways to punish us for playing lots of cards. Either way, goes to show how well the arms race format works for card creation.

Spoiler: Evil counter cards (click to show/hide)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2022, 03:44:18 pm »

Maybe re-read the actual card.

Confusing when you arn't quoting what your referring to, but shadow’s plan should be valid with play one card + repeat effect as written.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2022, 04:44:38 pm »

Aaaand Stirk is now in the Caldera

With... I think quite possibly the single worst deck you could ever potentially bring to the Caldera. We have literally only two cards that support that Region, and he has only brought one of them. The hardest one to use, at that.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 04:54:21 pm by Failbird105 »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2022, 04:56:29 pm »

Aaaand Stirk is now in the Caldera

With... I think quite possibly the single worst deck you could ever potentially bring to the Caldera.
Oh I would say that... they brought 2 Isekai, no? The very best card for the Caldera as it works on the opponent's banished cards too... With all those backfires, a very high chance of finding it too. I think might still work out.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2022, 05:08:33 pm »

Oh I would say that... they brought 2 Isekai, no? The very best card for the Caldera as it works on the opponent's banished cards too... With all those backfires, a very high chance of finding it too. I think might still work out.
I mean true, but also Stirk has uh, well, theoretically infinite Star Gen since Refinery produces Stars every turn if it survives, but in a practical sense, most likely only 12 stars, and Isekae costs 9. They're going to have to be incredibly thrifty with their stars in order to not lock themselves out of the Isekae strat

And also, considering they're at the Caldera at all when they chose to go to the Space Station, we know the opponent willing chose to go to the Caldera. Meaning they have a deck that at least moderately supports it.

The opponent is also going second, meaning they have a Star they can use to pop Meteor Shower the second they feel like Stirk's board is anywhere near decent.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2022, 05:12:33 pm »

Hmm, all reasonable. It's unlikely Stirk'll get the stars to pop off that big gun. But the enemy probably expects a Warp Crew deck, and so may be surprised when they're hit with our new cards instead. 

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 18, 2022, 05:26:42 pm »

Hmm, all reasonable. It's unlikely Stirk'll get the stars to pop off that big gun. But the enemy probably expects a Warp Crew deck, and so may be surprised when they're hit with our new cards instead.
True, they could easily assume Stirk chose the Caldera intentionally. But also, only 15 of their cards are new, and 3 of those are literally unplayable in the Caldera.

Also, tracking my Hand here

Spoiler: Hand(Beginning) (click to show/hide)
This is... not the best opening hand. The only thing I can really do is uh, play a Refinery, which means wasting the ability to play an extra card at a later point.

Actually, the only potential worse opening hand I could have gotten would be if I drew another no-heart card instead of the Refinery.

Spoiler: Hand(End of Turn 1) (click to show/hide)

Wow, this is... horrendous luck. I have drawn all but 2 of my Harvests so far, and only 3 cards with Hearts.

That being said, by using the Fog and spending the Star I get this turn, I can play as many as two of them to potentially Harvest two different cards for Stars next turn.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 06:17:44 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 18, 2022, 09:35:33 pm »

I'll be fine. "Punch him in the face with PGW" is just as viable here as it is on the space station.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33