Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread  (Read 18641 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2022, 09:40:55 am »

I'm really hoping Fog of War isn't butchered too badly as it has the potential to be a massive force multiplier for PGW (as currently our only card that can withstand more than one turn against the enemy).

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2022, 09:54:07 am »

To summarize the concept of the card I'm thinking of: what if you could replace a cards effect, with the effect of another card.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2022, 10:05:44 am »

To summarize the concept of the card I'm thinking of: what if you could replace a cards effect, with the effect of another card.

Didn't you have a card like that last game?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2022, 10:14:15 am »

Didn't you have a card like that last game?
No, but someone else did and used it against me.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2022, 10:47:35 am »

You could achieve something like that with:

Play a card from your opponent's graveyard, paying any additional star cost.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2022, 11:11:32 am »

You could achieve something like that with:

Play a card from your opponent's graveyard, paying any additional star cost.

The idea is to remove PGW's ability and replace it with a stronger one, so that isn't anything close :V

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2022, 11:21:43 am »

Oh I see, but keep the card stats. Yes I see get where you're going with that. Good way of overcoming inbuilt card weaknesses.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2022, 11:30:42 am »

Oh I see, but keep the card stats. Yes I see get where you're going with that. Good way of overcoming inbuilt card weaknesses.

The card I mentioned earlier switched two card's abilities, so if we switched PGW's ability with a flying card like the enemy's Witch we'd just kinda win.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2022, 05:46:02 pm »

I'm jonesing to get back into a fight. Anyway, here's my up to date assessment of the regions, in order of priority from most to least:

The City - We have yellow cards and buildings and a high chance of clearing out our hands before the opponent. This one should be a high priority target.

Dragon Graveyard - we have spells and red cards so would do well in the graveyward.

Navy Shipyard - We have pretty good cards for this, so long as we play ghost eel/skiff

The Stinking Mire - I'm tempted to pick this one, we have at least one brown spell that would cause big trouble in this region, plus it has baked in card draw which is good for us.

Space Station Theta - their meteor strike has a dangerous amount of star gen possible here, but otherwise it's probably winnable with our improved cards.

Valley of the Kings - In theory we have a great deck for this (my previous draw notwithstanding), but they've stacked the graveyard with meteor strikes so it's only worth going back there if we have a definite hard counter to them.

Airbase Alpha - We only have one card (sweep) that gets support here. Low priority.

Windy Plains Zone - we don't pick this until we have green and/or sheep cards, as they have card supremacy here.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2022, 05:57:25 pm »

Valley of the Kings - In theory we have a great deck for this (my previous draw notwithstanding), but they've stacked the graveyard with meteor strikes so it's only worth going back there if we have a definite hard counter to them.
Honestly, this one is liable to be a BIG one for us. Because it will allow us to put some powerful cards into the graveyard(like PGW), which the Mountain can then eat without needing to spend anything on them. As it is right now for example, even in the absolute worst-case scenario for Mountain of Bodies' stats, it'll still be a 6/6

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2022, 06:21:13 pm »

Honestly, this one is liable to be a BIG one for us. Because it will allow us to put some powerful cards into the graveyard(like PGW), which the Mountain can then eat without needing to spend anything on them. As it is right now for example, even in the absolute worst-case scenario for Mountain of Bodies' stats, it'll still be a 6/6

Which they can destroy with one Meteor, that they can then reuse indefinitely.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2022, 07:00:45 pm »

Which they can destroy with one Meteor, that they can then reuse indefinitely.
A 1 in 3 chance that they destroy the absolute worst possible version of the creature in that scenario. Real big risk there.

To be frank, there's honestly not a lot that we CAN do about the Meteor besides making cards that are directly made to ignore it like my Refraction Variant... which would have other, different ways to counter it. They put enough weaknesses onto it that it is allowed to, in their absolute best-case scenario, be ungodly powerful, but also have every chance to be a game throw for them in the worst case.

We're just kinda relying on not getting unlucky on the dice roll, which doesn't mean much since we already by the nature of this being a TCG have to rely on not getting unlucky anyway.

Edit: Here's that card idea I was talking about earlier.

Identity Fragment- Select a card in your control and then a currently banished card. The first card's effect is replaced by that of the second card, and it gains the banished card's creature types and background color. 'On play' effects gained this way activate immediately.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 11:00:21 pm by Failbird105 »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2022, 10:22:51 am »

So here's a concept I want you guys to think on that could potentially solve our little Board Wiping problem, to an extent at least.

A card that, when destroyed, is Removed from the Game and turns the card that destroyed it into a copy of itself.

They Meteor Shower with it on the field, and suddenly that copy of MS is gone. They Storm Cell? Goodbye to that Storm Cell

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2022, 10:36:21 am »

They Meteor Shower with it on the field, and suddenly that copy of MS is gone. They Storm Cell? Goodbye to that Storm Cell
This would work if it replaced all the copies of Meteor or Storm in their decks. Another punishment approach would be to tax them. Like, have a card which, when destroyed, makes copies of whatever killed it cost 1 star to play. If they wipe two or three of them from the board, it would make it harder for them to do it a second time.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2022, 04:50:40 pm »

"Welcome to Team G, Mr Giemon. I'm sure we will see a scorching performance from your cards..."

I think we're still in the design phase, so go ahead and sneak in a quick card while you have a chance. I think we have good cards for your new region, but could do with something with an orange back...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33