Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread  (Read 18598 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 Design Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2022, 11:44:01 pm »

Its a Mystery also has the stats worth one star for free :V

no no, 5 points of stats is normal for a 0 star with no positive effects, in this case the only "effect" is that the stats get assigned randomly. If we made a card like Syndicate Enforcer with no effects it would be equal in stats, just consistently assigned.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2022, 11:47:22 pm »

Its a Mystery also has the stats worth one star for free :V

no no, 5 points of stats is normal for a 0 star with no positive effects, in this case the only "effect" is that the stats get assigned randomly. If we made a card like Syndicate Enforcer with no effects it would be equal in stats, just consistently assigned.

Oh right. I forgot that. Because we've never used that.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2022, 01:52:18 am »

"Welcome to Team G, Gabriella... what a lovely name..."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 02:05:42 am by notquitethere »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2022, 02:36:09 am »

HELLO! I just love what you are doing to all of your cards, beautiful just beautiful!, I feel like there just needs some more spice sprinkled in there, of the draconic kind!

Making me create Waifu support is going to be a pass for me thinks, but ghosties, humanies, syndicaties, and banishmenties are certainly a thing I can work with. ROAAAAAAR!!!
(Gabreilla is too psyched for her own good!)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2022, 03:10:36 am »

HELLO! I just love what you are doing to all of your cards, beautiful just beautiful!, I feel like there just needs some more spice sprinkled in there, of the draconic kind!

Making me create Waifu support is going to be a pass for me thinks, but ghosties, humanies, syndicaties, and banishmenties are certainly a thing I can work with. ROAAAAAAR!!!
"Ahehehheheh I look forward to seeing your dread draconic works!"

For next card effects, I was considering some of the following:

Mist: flip all cards in the field upside down. (Could use it for our flipping effects, but also it instantly bypasses an enemies defence for that turn.)

Reaper: gain stats for each creature killed. (to synergise with our sacrificing strategy and also the enemy's board clearing. Would start with relatively high health to avoid being insta-wiped itself.)

Portal: Pick another region: that region's background effects are also true for this match.

Decree of Accordance: While this is in play, players can only play cards which share a background colour or creature type with another card in play. (Risky play, but good for us as we have a lot of cards which share types.)

Lord of the Damned: Has stats = x2 the number of cards in your graveyard when played. (Instead of preventing our cards from being board wiped, we can lean into it.)

Haunting: Banish all humans from your graveyard; you may play a ghost card for each human banished.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 04:34:02 am by notquitethere »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2022, 09:54:04 am »

"We can make dragon waifus. Your power can be a force for good instead of evil."

"Ahehehheheh I look forward to seeing your dread draconic works!"

For next card effects, I was considering some of the following:

Mist: flip all cards in the field upside down. (Could use it for our flipping effects, but also it instantly bypasses an enemies defence for that turn.)

Reaper: gain stats for each creature killed. (to synergise with our sacrificing strategy and also the enemy's board clearing. Would start with relatively high health to avoid being insta-wiped itself.)

Portal: Pick another region: that region's background effects are also true for this match.

Decree of Accordance: While this is in play, players can only play cards which share a background colour or creature type with another card in play. (Risky play, but good for us as we have a lot of cards which share types.)

Lord of the Damned: Has stats = x2 the number of cards in your graveyard when played. (Instead of preventing our cards from being board wiped, we can lean into it.)

Haunting: Banish all humans from your graveyard; you may play a ghost card for each human banished.

I was thinking a card that lets you attack directly so we can just kinda hit them in the face with everything we have, and a Card/Star thief card that steals either cards or Stars when it makes a direct attack to go with it.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2022, 10:07:13 am »

Gotta love how I've wound up fighting in the one region we never made any support for. If anything we have negative support for it since Buildings get debuffed there.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2022, 05:56:21 pm »

Recording my hand here, because hopefully you guys can catch mistakes and errors that I might miss on a first pass.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You know, I feel like we really need some more Card Draw if we're going to do this "play our entire hand at once" strategy.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 06:38:55 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2022, 10:41:12 pm »

Can we use a GIF for the picture?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2022, 11:15:13 pm »

Nope.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2022, 02:29:52 am »

You know, I feel like we really need some more Card Draw if we're going to do this "play our entire hand at once" strategy.
Funny you say that, as I was considering the best wording for a "draw x number of cards into your hand" type card.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2022, 09:33:28 am »

Turns out Nightly Sweep is completely useless with their cards and I wish I didn't put so many in my deck >_>

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2022, 09:42:33 am »

Yeah, the meteorstrike has a 2/3 chance of destroying them as the heart level isn't high enough. Our next lot of cards really have to be made around this. We want:

- Cards which buff our own cards
- Cards which give us benefits for creatures dying
- Creature cards with 4+ hearts

Or just straight-up hard counters, like:

- Lighting Rod (1 star): While Lighting Rod is in play, no creatures can be targeted by spells (cards with no hearts). Cannot attack. 0a/6h.

(Though maybe that would interfere with our own spells too much, like the Sweep, Card Casting etc.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2022, 10:00:26 am »

Yeah, the meteorstrike has a 2/3 chance of destroying them as the heart level isn't high enough. Our next lot of cards really have to be made around this. We want:

- Cards which buff our own cards
- Cards which give us benefits for creatures dying
- Creature cards with 4+ hearts

Or just straight-up hard counters, like:

- Lighting Rod (1 star): While Lighting Rod is in play, no creatures can be targeted by spells (cards with no hearts). Cannot attack. 0a/6h.

(Though maybe that would interfere with our own spells too much, like the Sweep, Card Casting etc.)

Storm cell also straight up wipes out everyone but PGW :V

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2022, 10:15:08 am »

Yeah, a solid chunk of their cards are perfect counters to our entire deck thus far. It's legitimately baffling how they can work with supposedly no consistency or teamwork yet still manage to almost entirely negate a deck that actually tried to synergize and build around itself.

The fact that I'm playing against a deck that is clearly completely built for this exact Region while we haven't built for it at all is also very much a factor. I imagine things wouldn't be as bad for us if I was in The City.

Actually now that I think of it, we are fighting literally entirely on the enemies home turf. I wouldn't be surprised if they actively built around these exact regions.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 10:22:33 am by Failbird105 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33