Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread  (Read 11976 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread
« Reply #330 on: October 19, 2022, 06:41:52 pm »

Just in case it wasn't clear, it is the design phase now.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 20, 2022, 04:02:50 pm »

Something Failbird just said... Gingerbread Hold is a solid stat wall. Looking at our cards, we don't have any solid defensive plays for early game. Nor a way to beat over early game walls beyond spells.

*Card Name: Skygrazing Dreamer
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Light Purple
Attack: 3
Hearts: 1
Stars: 0
Card Effect: This card can attack the turn it is played. If this card would destroy another card through combat, it gains 2 Hearts, but if it would not destroy it, you take 2 damage.
Flavor Text: In the distant horizon lies a storm. No matter what they say, keep moving forward.
Metadata:3/1/0 with Agile and a healing effect. Drawback's the only thing modifiable to balance it, since it's meant to be something that kills low attack cards with good HP. A low-level agile attacker that gains Hearts from entering combat. Or loses you hearts if it can't kill your target. Note it gains them before it would be damaged, so can survive against low level cards it kills. Not higher ones though.
Reference: mage.space generation.

This card should be extremely useful against the low level fodder they field, and ramp up from cards that can't keep pace. Sure it dies to bombardment, but most cards we have do.. Same with their 3 damage cards.

As another card. Maybe someone can make an aerial support drone to take advantage of one of our regions? White color, reduces incoming damage to our cards while it's on the field?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 05:09:19 pm by TricMagic »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 21, 2022, 04:13:30 pm »

So, let's look at their cards.

First off, costs. They have 13 zero star cards, 3 one star cards, 5 two star cards, no three star cards, 1 four star card, 1 five star card, and 2 six star cards.

17 of their cards are creature cards, and 9 of their cards are spell cards.

They do seem to have something of a theme about banishing cards, in that several of their cards play into that or have triggers that apply when a card is banished or when that card in specific is banished, but that really didn't apply to my last game with them. Instead it was mostly being murdered by dragons. Hmm. Maybe that's it? Most of their cards are dragons or waifu, so...

The only other thing I can see offhand is maybe token stuff. Also, making a proper analysis is hard, I feel like I'm totally half-assing this, but I've been staring at this since yesterday and I don't have anything better to offer, so, uh, something is better then nothing? I really think I should have something more insightful to offer, but I don't. Bleh.

Anyway, how do people feel about these cards?

*Card Name: [Example] Dragon Slaying Fairy
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Gold
Attack: 5
Hearts: 5
Stars: 2
Card Effect: Dragon Slaying Fairy takes no damage from dragon cards.
Flavor Text: The valiant knight brings down the most fearsome foe.
Metadata: Screw their dragons.
Reference: Sauce - https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/511376

*Card Name: [Example] Generic Main Character
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Black
Attack: 6
Hearts: 6
Stars: 4
Card Effect: This card can not be effected or damaged by Waifu cards controlled by opposing players. When this card enters play, choose a Waifu card that an opposing player controls and take control of it for as long as Generic Main Character is on the field.
Flavor Text: "My childhood friend is acting weird today. I wonder why?"
Metadata: The tribe hate continues.
Reference: It's just Kirito.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 21, 2022, 04:22:35 pm »

Seems legit, I'll probably go with one of those cards you posted if you're fine with it happ.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 21, 2022, 04:38:43 pm »

I was going to note.. Look at their star generation. The reason they can afford high cost cards is that we just don't have a long-term answer to their factor.

Fun that one response is Anti-cards.

*Card Name: [Example] Fairy Sphere
*Card Picture:
Attack: 0
Hearts: High
Stars:
Card Effect: [Unique] You can sacrifice Fairy cards from your hand or field to reduce this card's cost by 1 per card when playing it. When this card is played, banish all other cards on the field facedown, then convert the Cost of the banished cards and all player's Stars to Sphere Counters on this card. At the end of each player's turn, reduce these Sphere Counters by 1. At the beginning of your turn, you can pay X+1 Sphere Counters to banish a card from your discard pile whose Cost equals X facedown. When this card's Sphere Counters or Hearts are reduced to 0, return all cards banished by this card to their owner's side of the field faceup. (Enter Play Effects do not trigger)
Flavor Text: To protect everyone.
Metadata:
Reference: Fairy Tail

Board Reset card. Note this probably doesn't solve the issue. But cards that can steal stars could be useful.

I do say a combat Oblivion Fairy is probably fairy useful an simple. But yeah... Not much else to see.

Another option is thus. Unique cards. Cards we can only have one of, but are majorly buffed as a result.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 04:42:58 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 21, 2022, 05:04:35 pm »

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. Its been the design phase for almost a week now and not one of you submitted an actual design.
Any players who do not submit a design in the next 24 hours don't get a design at all. The battle phase can commence even if you choose not to make any new cards.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 21, 2022, 05:09:05 pm »

Given we have no clue what you see as their weakness... I'll just put Skygrazing Dreamer as mine.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 21, 2022, 06:25:50 pm »

Okay then.

*Card Name: Inscribed Golem
*Card Picture:
Attack: 2
Hearts: 4
Stars: 1
Card Effect: When you play this card, you must pay 4 Hearts, then soullink a Ward card that costs 2 Stars or less from your hand to this card. (You do not pay its Star cost.) When this card is removed from your playing area, banish it.
Flavor Text: Runes can do just about anything - even animate golems.
Metadata: Ward, soullink, Inscription
Reference:

Best I've got.

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 21, 2022, 06:48:47 pm »

Can runes steal stars? (Not likely to be using that given it's a completely different deck style. I don't use Wards.)

A reminder to Happerry you have two designs this phase. So there is that.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 06:57:41 pm by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 21, 2022, 07:48:26 pm »

"Oblivion Fairy - 1 Star : 0/1 : When Oblivion Fairy battles, banish the opposing card. This card can attack the turn it is played. Banish this card when it leaves play."

*Card Name: [Example] Oblivion Fairy
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Dark Purple
Hearts: 1
Stars: 1
Card Effect: This card can attack the turn it is played. When Oblivion Fairy battles, banish the opposing card.  Banish this card when it leaves play."
Flavor Text: All things fade. Even Magic.
Metadata:
Reference: Hap's initial proposal.

Got two things for this.

Everything collapsing.

And the actual image. Though without the frame it doesn't have as much impact.

(Though said frame is messy underneath.)

Finally an art that isn't as cool, but fairly simple for an ai art image.

... Honstly the ai art I tinkered brings to mind a knight.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 07:55:40 pm by TricMagic »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 21, 2022, 08:39:46 pm »

I have an idea for what's basically a land mine card, Think I could make it fairy themed and use that AI generated image for it? Idea is a card that goes into play face down, flipping up when it takes damage to provide a burst of stars and damage.
My Power armor arms race

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 21, 2022, 10:57:32 pm »

*Card Name: Dragon Slaying Fairy
*Card Picture:
Stars: 2
Card Effect: Dragon Slaying Fairy takes no damage from dragon cards.
Flavor Text: The valiant knight brings down the most fearsome foe.
Metadata: Screw their dragons.
Reference: Sauce - https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/511376

*Card Name: Generic Main Character
*Card Picture:
Stars: 3
Card Effect: This card can not be effected or damaged by Waifu cards controlled by opposing players. When this card enters play, choose a Waifu card that an opposing player controls and take control of it for as long as Generic Main Character is on the field.
Flavor Text: "My childhood friend is acting weird today. I wonder why?"
Metadata: The tribe hate continues.
Reference: It's just Kirito.

Seems legit, I'll probably go with one of those cards you posted if you're fine with it happ.
I'd be fine with it, but since I get two designs this turn I'm just going to make them both.

I have an idea for what's basically a land mine card, Think I could make it fairy themed and use that AI generated image for it? Idea is a card that goes into play face down, flipping up when it takes damage to provide a burst of stars and damage.
It could work, but after the first time wouldn't they just not attack any face down cards if we don't have any other face down cards they'd actually want to attack to make them do guessing games on if it was the land mine or not? You could just make a demon slayer card to screw over the Demon Footsoldier card.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 22, 2022, 06:56:54 am »

*Card Name: [Example] Thermite Mine
*Card Picture:
*Background Color:
Attack: 4
Hearts: 0
Card Effect: Play this card facedown. (It can be attacked, but not manually flipped.) If your opponent attacks directly: end the turn, flip this card, then deal 2 damage to all cards on the field. If this card is flipped face-up, deal 2 damage to another card on the field if it destroys the attacker. For each card this destroys, gain 1 Star.
Flavor Text:
Metadata:
Reference: DGR Proposal

Here you go. One mine ready to setup. Diffusion is as simple as flipping it face up of course. Or sending someone into it to trigger the explosion. But other than that fairly solid.

Note it has no hearts. Which is a feature of trap cards like these. sorry if I came across a bit.. Something last night.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 03:12:53 pm by TricMagic »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 22, 2022, 03:07:23 pm »

If DGR does that, we should make something like this next turn.

*Card Name: [Example] Mystic Summoning Circle
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Silver
Card Effect: Play this card facedown. (It can be attacked.) This card can not be manually flipped the turn it is played. If this card is manually flipped, the turn it is flipped face up all cards with hearts gain the ability 'this card can be played without regards to rule 4 limiting a player to one card a turn' until the end of that turn.
Flavor Text: "By the sacred oath, I call upon thee, my allies!"
Metadata:
Reference:

That way they'll have to guess if we're playing a land mine or a summoning circle.
Forenia Forever!

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 22, 2022, 03:18:44 pm »

*Card Name: Rune of instant regret
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Red
Card Effect: Play this card facedown. (It can be attacked, but not manually flipped.) If this card takes damage flip it. When this card is flipped send all zero cost cards on the field to the graveyard. The player whose card flipped this one takes 1 damage for each 0 star cost card in their graveyard.
Flavor Text: REGRET
Metadata: Landmine designed to exploit the heavy use of zero cost cards.
Reference:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 03:21:58 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]