Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread  (Read 12005 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread
« Reply #255 on: October 02, 2022, 06:32:52 pm »

Yeah, being able to play three cards if you can also play Shining Dawn, sure.

And more meant the penalty for not playing a card. Still good, just not breaking right now, really wanted to punish their search card. :P

I'd say Temple of Kings, but we have cards in there that can't be taken apparently, so DGR's prize card I guess. I suppose I'll head for the Dragon's Graveyard.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 02, 2022, 06:45:06 pm »

Supernerd: What happens when a card with an 'when this card is played' effect is played face down?
What happens when a card with 0 hearts and 0 attack is played face down? Does it still resolve its effect when flipped face up?
What happens when a card with an effect in the form of 'does this' without a 'when this card is played' qualifier is played face down, then flipped up? For example what happens if a Fall Festival Maiden's effect is used to play a Summer Star Maiden card face down, then the Summer Star Maiden is later flipped up by Shining Dawn or such.
What happens if Opening The Gateless Gate is used on a Fall Festival Maiden that's already been played? Do the cards that 'cannot be flipped manually' lose that status?

Lets see... I suppose it it says "When this card is played" then nothing happens if it is played face down.
A card with 0 hearts will activate its effect when flipped face up.
A card that is as described in your third question probably would trigger its effect when flipped up.
And playing gateless gate on fall festival maiden would not remove the effect from the cards played as a result of it.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 02, 2022, 06:51:31 pm »

Perfect.

Hypersummon, Shining Dawn, and Energy Ward are some examples of cards we can play under the 'The first card you play each turn that does not have hearts does not count towards your one card per turn limit.' rule of Dragon Graveyard.

We still only have one 'ace' card, the Invader Guardians, but we have a lot more star gain and synergy now, along with some draw.

In particular, Shining Dawn with Fall Festival Maiden is great synergy - and since 0 heart cards activate their effect when flipped up, we can use that with Hypersummon or even Energy Ward.

There's one final synergy I have in mind already, but it's so potentially strong that it's a long shot.

Supernerd: Beetle Brood's effect creates a copy of itself when used. The soullink mechanic makes two cards count as one card. If I soullink a Ward to a Beetle Brood, does the Brood's self-replicated copy include the Ward that is merged with it?

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 02, 2022, 06:57:27 pm »

Huh. I guess it does.
And you would probably also have to soul-link the new beetle brood onto something else.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2022, 07:07:47 pm »

Hahahaha uhm. Yes, correct. That is some flavor of broken. I'm not sure how broken, to be exact. But I'm sure it's broken.

If I can abuse that the way I think I can abuse that you'll have to nerf it after this round.

Supernerd: What happens when two cards that both have Hearts are soullinked together? How does damage interact with them?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 07:14:22 pm by FallacyofUrist »

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2022, 07:39:45 pm »

The card that links to another card wouldn't add any hearts or attack to it unless stated otherwise I guess.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 02, 2022, 07:42:31 pm »

Soulinks have no hearts, but don't go to the discard pile. If the two cards become treated as one, what happens when one soulinked card reaches 0 hearts, yet the other soulink card still has hearts?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 02, 2022, 07:53:36 pm »

Only the original card's stats would matter.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 03, 2022, 02:14:14 am »

It's a shame that Fairy Ring's 'make fairy cards into quick play' effect didn't get through, but it's still a decent card. Even if it has a typo now, as it's effect is now described as "place Fairy Token into play." in what's missing an 'a'.

I'm thinking I'll challenge for The City this turn (unless someone else wants it) with this deck.

6x Spring Flower Maiden
6x Clover Fairy
6x Fairy Ring
4x Meteor Shower
4x Wooly
4x Beetle Brood
4x Energy Ward
3x Firebase
1x Thorn Ward
1x Invader Guardians
1x Stellar Bombardment

Between the Spring Maidens draw effect making me draw two cards, and the field draw effect making me draw a card whenever I play an energy ward I should be able to mill through my deck fast and get the Fairy Rings into my hand with a decent stock of stars while holding the enemy off with maiden sacrifices and maybe a Clover Fairy or two. And then I can reset the board state with a Meteor Shower and take advantage of the City letting me play Terrain cards as a quickplay to put down a Fairy Ring and a Clover Fairy a turn, followed up by putting an Energy Ward on the Fairy Rings once I've got a few of those out, followed up by Firebases which will be powered by the Energy Warded Fairy Rings to blow away the enemy. Or maybe an Invader Guardian to just murder them all, because I've got decent odds of just being able to afford her.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 03:53:11 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 03, 2022, 06:20:42 pm »

Ah crap somehow missed that battle phase had started. I guess I should make/steal a deck.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 04, 2022, 07:38:52 am »

Ah crap somehow missed that battle phase had started. I guess I should make/steal a deck.
6 of Spring and 6 Starburst, 1 Invader, 3 Firebases, Thorn Ward, 3 Energy Ward, 3 Storm Fronts, 3 meteors. 4 Wooly, 2 Fall Maiden, 6 BFG, 2 Summer Maiden, 1 Shining Dawn, 3 Hypersummon. Head for Theta and let the stars hopefully roll.

No clue as to effectiveness/but here you go. Alternatively, remove a Thorn Ward, a Meteor, a Summer Maiden, and a BFG, then head for the library which will auto-add 1 of each card we've made. Or do that anyway if you want a forty card deck.

Could also drop a Summer Maiden for a Fairy Ring in either case.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 04, 2022, 07:44:19 pm »

Aight, time to be pretty mean.

0 Star Cost Cards:
6x Beetle Brood
6x Energy Ward
6x Spring Flower Maiden
4x Shining Dawn
3x Big Friendly Ghost

1 Star Cost Cards:
4x Hypersummon
4x Fall Festival Maiden
2x Fairy Ring

2 Star Cost Cards:
2x Thorn Ward

6 Star Cost Cards:
3x Invader Guardians

I call this deck 'Summon Invader Guardians'.

Now where do I challenge?

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 04, 2022, 08:07:29 pm »

6 of Spring and 6 Starburst, 1 Invader, 3 Firebases, Thorn Ward, 3 Energy Ward, 3 Storm Fronts, 3 meteors. 4 Wooly, 2 Fall Maiden, 6 BFG, 2 Summer Maiden, 1 Shining Dawn, 3 Hypersummon.

I'll go to theta.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 04, 2022, 08:53:47 pm »

Okay, my character Veder Monac will go to The Grand University. Deck two posts above.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 05, 2022, 08:29:21 am »

I've no clue why Beatle brood gets used. Still a bit out of it right now.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23