Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread  (Read 12037 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2022, 05:08:30 pm »

Personally I'm really leaning towards either something that gives a star when it enters play or when it leaves play to ensure we can 'prime the pipe', as our current methods of star gain either require us to already have a star (IE, Summer Star Maiden, Meteor Shower), or have enough board control to have more then one creature in play (Solo Star Power), and while when any of those work they can be a lot more profitable then a 'gain star when enter or leave play' card they all require us to be winning a bit before we can pull them off.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2022, 08:21:02 am »

The simple solution is a spell that does nothing but give you stars. An instant burst. Either a quick play to give you 1, or more likely one that gives 3 or 4.

*Card Name: Cloudburst
*Card Picture:
*Background Color:
Attack: 0
Hearts: 0
Stars: 0
Card Effect: [Quickplay] Gain 1 Star for each card that was destroyed during the opponent's last turn. You can only play 1 Cloudburst each turn.
Flavor Text: A burst of rain turns into a deluge of waters.
Metadata: Example Card
Reference:

For whatever reason I turn to weather. Wish we had a weatherperson. This card could also just be a simple +1 Star on a quickplay, meant to be a combo-starter.

Eh.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 12:00:57 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2022, 12:14:47 pm »

Be careful. If I mistake an example for your actual design, I might use that instead of your intended design.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 24, 2022, 12:17:28 pm »

I will, I put Example Card in the metadata. It's also missing the color.

For the above. If anyone wants to design a boss card, wouldn't mind bringing the spring maiden out. Though she's most useful as a starter for Summer..
Them being destroyed is both weakness and strength, since they'd take up your draw for the turn unless you have a star to play them, so less comeback. On the other hand, they're a steady source of stars. Got to work with what you got and use them wisely when deckbuilding, lest you get clogged by them.
They are an easy way to get a starter star though, and meant to be played with Summer.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 02:21:19 pm by TricMagic »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2022, 12:22:31 am »

*Card Name: Clover Fairy
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Clover Green
Attack: 1
Hearts: 1
Stars: 0
Card Effect: When this card would be destroyed, instead flip it face down and regenerate it.
Flavor Text: "As long as magic remains in this world, the fairies will survive."
Metadata: Since they're hard to get rid of, they can stick around and serve as power sources for Solo Star Power and help ping damage down enemy threats, but since they flip face down when 'killed' they're also not hard to bypass. They should also be immune to hell broth because they're never properly destroyed, though they could be banished or exiled from the game.
Reference: It's Daiyousei, from touhou.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 10:00:38 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2022, 01:17:22 am »

I feel really bad about making the team balance even worse, but I think I have to bow out of this. I enjoy coming up with card ideas, but not really so much actually playing, and the need to keep the card set viable against the enemy team is constraining my ideas anyway. Plus there's a member of the enemy team that I really hope I don't get matched with and I don't know if my luck will hold out.

I like the concept of CYOGTCG but, before joining, I probably should have learned from my own personal history that I have never actually enjoyed a card-based game before.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2022, 05:06:03 am »

You made some fun cards, so thanks for playing.
Forenia Forever!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2022, 09:26:41 am »

So it is.

Guess that means a random person will get a second card.

For clover fairy, not sure if it will make it through intact.(I think that if it does get changed, maybe make it mill a card when it regens.) One issue is their hell broth will end up stealing it fairly easily. Maybe make it "when it would be destroyed" instead? Has the 'benefit' of making it killable while face-down, since if flipped up with 0 hearts it would just go to the GY rather than regen.

Not sure how that would interact. It's a good card either way though.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2022, 12:18:28 pm »

I don't think hitting zero hearts while face down would destroy it as is if it went to zero hearts while face down, because it should just immediately flip back down and regenerate as soon as it flipped face up and hit the 'ok, time to go to the graveyard because you have zero hearts' part of being killed while face down. By the same token, Hell Broth should bounce off of it because it's never actually destroyed, because destroyed is what happens when it hits zero hearts and goes to the graveyard and it has an effect that goes 'actually, when this card hits zero hearts it just flips over instead of being destroyed'. I'll edit the metadata to make that more explicit though I guess?
Forenia Forever!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2022, 12:59:50 pm »

The main question is what constitues destruction. And the fact that the trigger condition is being destroyed, which is also Hell Broth's condition.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2022, 01:03:00 pm »

Welp. This is going to be a problem.

Anyway, I decided that prizes bought with victory points may be gifted to other players if you so choose, so feel free to spend those before you bail for good.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 25, 2022, 01:14:32 pm »

Either some random one off for folks, or a designed cards.

As a question, do prize cards have a higher effect limit for their star cost than normal cards?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 25, 2022, 01:33:35 pm »

As a question, do prize cards have a higher effect limit for their star cost than normal cards?

I choose not to answer that question.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2022, 03:16:49 pm »

Anyway, I decided that prizes bought with victory points may be gifted to other players if you so choose, so feel free to spend those before you bail for good.
Okay. I'll go for "designed prize card", I suppose.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2022, 03:52:55 pm »

Okay. You can either post a design here, or send it to me via PM. Make sure you also let me know who it is for.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23